Iron Studios: Battle Diorama - Superman vs Doomsday 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure most of these companies make a few extra to see if it survives a drop down the stairs test when fully packed.

/

That would be the best job, lmao! Could you imagine, its gotta be like watching cars crash with test dummies. "It didn't break lets go up 10 more feet!". :lol

That would be the best job, lmao! Could you imagine, its gotta be like watching cars crash with test dummies. "It didn't break lets go up 10 more feet!". :lol

😀😀😀😀
I would feel weird throwing a final production shipping box that is filled with a beautiful statue inside down a flight of stairs, but I read somewhere this is how they test if the statue will survive and if pieces break they rework the styrofoam or insert extra padding in areas that pieces broke.

I'm guessing these test pieces are unpainted but still final full production works of art. 🙃

I don't know if its lazy designing or sculpting? Ivan Reis is a comic artist and he designed (illustrated) the concept for the statue. The statue is spot on with his vision of superman, (big jaw, no baby face and really big). See images below of his previous work. Battle damage is nice on pieces but, at the same time it's not needed unless their goal was to reproduce the same fight from Superman #75 and it looks like that was not the goal. It does have a high price tag on it, but its going to be epic, its 35 pounds, lol!

3aa74818ac0e9455588f639d17e2689b.jpg

random0077.jpg

View attachment 257852

I own a few Ivan Reis original DPS and agree the statue has captured a likeness of his interpretation HOWEVER...

The statue regardless of wether they are trying to capture #75 HAVE captured the essence of it. They are fighting atop of the DP globe and Doomsday has his original containment suit on (hugely battle damaged and torn) from the fight

This was at the penultimate part of the battle/storyline and just doesn't work on any level for me with Supes looking the way he does!

Really if anyone is going to pick this piece up they should use paypal and go with someone who will pay their own seller paypal fees and use pay pal credit if you can. I have been talking to the customer service people in the last day and asking them questions and its the best way to go. 160 days (6 months) buyers protection, if the date gets pushed you can make an arrangement with the seller to refund and then place another order to get another 6 months of buyers protection or you can open a claim and get your money back that way.

There is one person I would recommend lalcristiano (he's in this thread). His price is awesome and he pays his own pay pal fees, and his down payment is super low.

Really if anyone is going to pick this piece up they should use paypal and go with someone who will pay their own seller paypal fees and use pay pal credit if you can. I have been talking to the customer service people in the last day and asking them questions and its the best way to go. 160 days (6 months) buyers protection, if the date gets pushed you can make an arrangement with the seller to refund and then place another order to get another 6 months of buyers protection or you can open a claim and get your money back that way.

There is one person I would recommend lalcristiano (he's in this thread). His price is awesome and he pays his own pay pal fees, and his down payment is super low.

You know this is a good idea. For me I keep telling myself why am I paying the extra 4-5% PP fee if the Protection is going to expire in 6 months. Most of these POs take longer than 6 months to fulfill. Like you said the trick is to find a seller that is willing to refund the purchase.

The problem with this is who makes the move first. Seller refunds deposit in hopes you dont change your mind and not sending the money right back to them. Other option is to send the seller a second deposit for the same item put in the notes something like if seller accepts this payment they must refund the original payment for this same item.

I'm willing to take a chance on my deposit... if the seller rips you off then you know never to use them again....

This has just come up for preorder on the Popcultcha (Australia) website for $1,699.99. I hope it's not another 'special run'.

At current currency translation to USD it's approx $1,275 plus shipping (less 10% if you have enough rewards/pennies).

i thought they said DC pieces will be exclusive to Brazil?? So is there a chance Sideshow will also carry this?

Bluefin announced they're the North American distributor for Iron Studios, and they're launching with the four BvS 1/10 scale statues. I imagine this will follow.

I wanted to say thanks to lalcristiano for getting me several Iron Studio statues, several of them were older ones that he hunted down for me and sold them to me at a very fair price. I just got them delivered yesterday and was very happy with them.... So if anyone is wondering lalcristiano is a legit and trust worthy seller.

Thanks again.

Bluefin announced they're the North American distributor for Iron Studios, and they're launching with the four BvS 1/10 scale statues. I imagine this will follow.

Yeah Iron Studios got a world license for their DC 1/10th statues, unfortunately that still doesn't include the 1/10 Marvel and Star Wars statues, at least not yet.

Love everything about this piece except that they put Hulk's head on superman LOL!!

I'd still buy it inspite of that, but have no clue how to purchase this as a US resident :(

Back