Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy my statues no because they are popular I buy it because I love it if they will be popular or no really don't care about it, the only important that make me happy

Thats the best sentiment to have, unfortunately it is an unpopular one 8(

Don't say things like that. You must care, first and foremost, about the long-term profit potential! :wink1:

:lol@Lucifixion seems that way doesn't it.

It's unfortunate when i see people ask "Hey do you think this will retain/gain value for when I decide to sell later?" wait, don't you collect statues? I have comics and collectibles that I've held onto for 30 years. Why are you already asking about selling? Unless you are buying to sell, which you can't say without the mob trying to lynch you.

But that's another unfortunate thing on this board. Selling statues you buy with that specific intent is vilified. Every other collectible item has people doing that, usually to fund more items for their own collection. But here it's like you're a witch in Salem.

I certainly have no problem with someone buying things to resell to fund other things. I would never do it myself, mainly because it is a pain, and not worth the risk to me. I think my distaste comes from the attitude of a lot of "collectors" who really seem more interested in the worth of something financially rather than for enjoyment. Hey, I understand that if I lost my job or something it would be nice to be able to recoup what I paid for these things or even make a profit, but it doesn't enter my mind when purchasing something. I have a lot of original art as well as statues, and my attitude toward that is the same. I never plan on selling, so I don't care what its worth may have grown since I purchased it. If there comes a day when I have hard times, it's nice to know I can recoup my money, but I don't look at any of my things wondering what they are worth.

I certainly have no problem with someone buying things to resell to fund other things. I would never do it myself, mainly because it is a pain, and not worth the risk to me. I think my distaste comes from the attitude of a lot of "collectors" who really seem more interested in the worth of something financially rather than for enjoyment. Hey, I understand that if I lost my job or something it would be nice to be able to recoup what I paid for these things or even make a profit, but it doesn't enter my mind when purchasing something. I have a lot of original art as well as statues, and my attitude toward that is the same. I never plan on selling, so I don't care what its worth may have grown since I purchased it. If there comes a day when I have hard times, it's nice to know I can recoup my money, but I don't look at any of my things wondering what they are worth.

I'm the same, though I have been known to buy for trade bait and baring that sell it off to fund another purchase. Honestly, if it came down to financial crisis, you've burned through your savings and have to sell, at that point, at least to me, you sell for what you can get just to eat and pay the bills, profit low on the worry list at that point.

Except for Batman...can't sell Batman :lol

Yeah. I think profit would be the least of your worries, but it would be helpful if an easy profit was available, no doubt.

One could probably flip this thing easily. How much was IS Cap at release? That is selling for a $1000 or so.

Either way I caved and ordered this a couple days ago. It should look great with the original Com, the latest ssc PF and the Eric sosa kit, all together

I keep wanting to bite. I think this is a decent price for a 1:4 diorama, but I'm not sure I'd pay it for mostly drab industrial scenery. The broken-through set pieces are certainly dynamic, as is Spidey's pose. Aesthetically though, I think I'd prefer a more New York backdrop, like the aforementioned comiquette or the upcoming XM Spidey and MJ piece that won't be licensed in the states :dunno

I keep wanting to bite. I think this is a decent price for a 1:4 diorama, but I'm not sure I'd pay it for mostly drab industrial scenery. The broken-through set pieces are certainly dynamic, as is Spidey's pose. Aesthetically though, I think I'd prefer a more New York backdrop, like the aforementioned comiquette or the upcoming XM Spidey and MJ piece that won't be licensed in the states :dunno

I think it's too busy looking.. SSC table top view makes it look like a great Spider-man statue is jumping threw someones thrown together diorama.

Congrats to those that like it. But it actually makes my brain hurt :lol

I kinda agree with jaws. Too busy, I am happy with the PF. Congrats to those getting this :)

Either way I caved and ordered this a couple days ago. It should look great with the original Com, the latest ssc PF and the Eric sosa kit, all together

True. I have the Original Com and Iron Spidey Com. I have the Sosa kit as well but it isn't painted and built yet, gotta get that done eventually. Still waiting for the new PF...and will have this IS Spidey at some point. I can't wait to display my 1/4 Spidey Gallery once they're all in.

True. I have the Original Com and Iron Spidey Com. I have the Sosa kit as well but it isn't painted and built yet, gotta get that done eventually. Still waiting for the new PF...and will have this IS Spidey at some point. I can't wait to display my 1/4 Spidey Gallery once they're all in.

Two thumbs up guys

Back