Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I just got on the parts replacement waitlist for my damaged arm(Sideshow). Are there other members from here on the waitist as well?

Thanks

I'm on the list for a replacement head/helmet. The protective tissue was ripped and shifted, so my dome was scratched up in multiple places. I was told three weeks by Sideshow CS.

My Maul lights up a lot! But what I am saying is the actual color red is a lighter shade than Mauls. Anyone else agree? Just want to make sure my Saber isn’t an ‘off’ color.

Anyone confirm Darth Maul's and Vader lightsabers are different shades of red? Thanks!

no.. base is to huge.. it fits. but not with doors

Base is GINORMOUS. Even without a door the base and any non-saber left arm will extend out well beyond the bottom of the besta because of the back wall of the Besta cabinet. Now by installed another Besta cabinet I can set him on top and because of the extra clearance without the back of the besta cabinet, he sits very nicely - WITHOUT the two pipes that protrude even further out the back (which I don't care because mine is pushed up against the back of the wall so you can't see the back pipe and the one coming out the vessel is no big deal. I would rather have him pushed back and a little safer than near the front edge. Not sure if any of this makes sense. I will take some pics with DV and KR tonight...along with their scale helmets.

I wanna have him with jyn and k2. Debating getting another k2 for the base and having Vader rest on that so he'll be able to fit with any hand pose.

I see people tolerate the QC issues because obviously it's the best Vader statue to date.. but do you guys recommend this to a lapsed SW fan? I've sold most of my high end stuff years ago, and I'm just getting back into SW, and have a WL converting tonight.

It's just that right arm, and parts breaking inside the package which concern me.

I see people tolerate the QC issues because obviously it's the best Vader statue to date.. but do you guys recommend this to a lapsed SW fan? I've sold most of my high end stuff years ago, and I'm just getting back into SW, and have a WL converting tonight.

It's just that right arm, and parts breaking inside the package which concern me.

It's one of those definitive SW collectibles. As long as you're aware and careful with the right arm it won't be an issue. Especially with the two handed saber pose since the left arm provides a little stability. As for the loose parts in the box, those are usually just the included batteries or potentially the loose rattling in the base that appears to have no effect on the statue.

Admittedly I have some issues with mine but if you get a close to perfect version, I think it's probably the best quarter scale Star Wars statue ever made. Combine that with very low ES for a Vader statue and you need to own this. If something breaks or if you have paint issues, you can always get it fixed by a professional if Sideshow runs out of parts. Just get your hands on it!

Admittedly I have some issues with mine but if you get a close to perfect version, I think it's probably the best quarter scale Star Wars statue ever made. Combine that with very low ES for a Vader statue and you need to own this. If something breaks or if you have paint issues, you can always get it fixed by a professional if Sideshow runs out of parts. Just get your hands on it!

What issues?

I wouldn't hesitate to jump on this if you can. In the coming years this will be regarded as a grail piece.

It's one of those definitive SW collectibles. As long as you're aware and careful with the right arm it won't be an issue. Especially with the two handed saber pose since the left arm provides a little stability. As for the loose parts in the box, those are usually just the included batteries or potentially the loose rattling in the base that appears to have no effect on the statue.

My right arm when inserted all the way is tighter than my left arm with the magnet. The magnet arm still has a little wiggle. Right arm, none.

I wanna have him with jyn and k2. Debating getting another k2 for the base and having Vader rest on that so he'll be able to fit with any hand pose.

Huh? You mean put the Darth Vader on the K2 base!? You know there is a very large peg with an electrical connector on Vader right foot, correct? It will never fit on any other base.

Back