Iron Man Mark II Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Mark III bust is flawless but that's just because my awesomeness keeps it intact....my awesomeness also lights it up without batteries or a plug.

This is a fiasco, we've been waiting on this bust (Iron Man fans) for a long time and it should be flawless at the price, while you don't look at the bottom of bases, its the attentions to detail that many of us love about Sideshow, Hot Toys, etc. This is one serious detail that wasn't paid attention to. That is the issue at hand. Simple as that.

:lol:lol:lol:rotfl @ awesomeness

^^ is pretty much the way it happens for all my pieces as well :rock

good to know that they do at least check out the forum to find out these mistakes, sadly though they don't ever seem to do anything about it...:monkey2:monkey2

and to cover it up with a sticker, f that, i think for the $$$ this is costing the buyers they could at least supply a new proper label.
after all they do remove easily and a new one could be reinstalled with very little hassle...:D

Tru is shouldn't be such a big deal for Sideshow to print off new labels. They are making hand over fist with this pieces anyways... :rolleyes:

good to know that they do at least check out the forum to find out these mistakes, sadly though they don't ever seem to do anything about it...:monkey2:monkey2

and to cover it up with a sticker, f that, i think for the $$$ this is costing the buyers they could at least supply a new proper label.
after all they do remove easily and a new one could be reinstalled with very little hassle...:D

Why does it take a forum to point out their mistakes, is that not what their QC department is for?

Frankly and just me, I prefer to leave as is. It is the mistake from the factory side, not on sideshow. I believe even the QC guy or Chinese guy does not have any idea if this pcs is Iron Man Mark II or III. All he knows is that the print is correct imho.

I myself dont even notice this mistake till Rom's at the forum point out abt the misprint.

I think it will make this statue more rare and unique due to misprint.
Who is going to notice abt the misprint label on the base when you display it. As long as the statue looks good and paints good, that all matter to me.

We collectors want something unique and different from others.

Remember this is bust is only 100 pcs and not many people can own this.

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

Frankly and just me, I prefer to leave as is. It is the mistake from the factory side, not on sideshow. I believe even the QC guy or Chinese guy does not have any idea if this pcs is Iron Man Mark II or III. All he knows is that the print is correct imho.

I myself dont even notice this mistake till Rom's at the forum point out abt the misprint.

Who is going to notice abt the misprint label on the base when you display it. As long as the statue looks good and paints good, that all matter to me.

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko
you are one of a kind!you are a real collector man!

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

i agree with you completely Amin, and it is a beautiful looking piece and the fact the label is incorrect really doesn't take away from it at all since you never see it anyway.

i guess to some it up, it's just another silly mistake that shouldn't of been made imo, and it's highly doubtful anything will be done to try and resolve, the all be it minor, oversight. which really is the point of my frustration with the way ssc handles situations like this.:banghead

i agree with you completely Amin, and it is a beautiful looking piece and the fact the label is incorrect really doesn't take away from it at all since you never see it anyway.

i guess to some it up, it's just another silly mistake that shouldn't of been made imo, and it's highly doubtful anything will be done to try and resolve, the all be it minor, oversight. which really is the point of my frustration with the way ssc handles situations like this.:banghead

I am kind a guy like collecting in nature. And I have seen this before from collecting coin, paper money with wrong serial number print and watch as well. Like these two watches, what is the difference? One of them is with wrong logo which is red alinghi logo with white border print. Even the famous swiss brand manufacture, Audemars Piguet makes the mistake for the logo. This watch is limited edition 1300 pcs worldwide made for Alinghi. It is made from super light weight all full forged carbon casing. Rumors says that the first batch 150 pcs were delivered to authorized dealers and sold to the customers. And guess what... now which one worths more in the market?

so here the scans...

Wrong logo
alinghiforged2.jpg

Correct logo
alinghiforged1.jpg

So that is all about for collectors ...passions in collecting something unique.

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

I am kind a guy like collecting in nature. And I have seen this before from collecting coin, paper money with wrong serial number print and watch as well. Like these two watches, what is the difference? One of them is with wrong logo which is red alinghi logo with white border print. Even the famous swiss brand manufacture, Audemars Piguet makes the mistake for the logo. This watch is limited edition 1300 pcs worldwide made for Alinghi. It is made from super light weight all full forged carbon casing. Rumors says that the first batch 150 pcs were delivered to authorized dealers and sold to the customers. And guess what... now which one worths more in the market?

so here the scans...

Wrong logo
alinghiforged2.jpg

Correct logo
alinghiforged1.jpg

So that is all about for collectors ...passions in collecting something unique.

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

Yep, if they change/correct the label, would that make the ones with the wrong label the rare ones and possibly worth more. Ya neve know how this stuff plays out.

Having it labeled wrong IS NOT going to take away from the enjoyment of the piece, no one is arguing that, in fact to think that because the bottom is labeled wrong is ridiculous. What is the issue here is the principal. You should get what you pay for. This costs $700 plus. For that it should be flawless. That is the principal. That is the issue.

Having it labeled wrong IS NOT going to take away from the enjoyment of the piece, no one is arguing that, in fact to think that because the bottom is labeled wrong is ridiculous. What is the issue here is the principal. You should get what you pay for. This costs $700 plus. For that it should be flawless. That is the principal. That is the issue.

Mike hit it right on the bottom, it's the point of Sideshow getting it right, not that it takes anything away from the piece.

Mine hasn't shipped yet. I hope it's because they are fixing this issue. Otherwise, why hasn't it shipped? :huh

Well... I guess SIDESHOW is correcting the misprint on all of their MARK2 Busts.... since I did not get my order yet which was supposedly have been shipped 2-3 days upon payment.

Honestly, I understand the "frustrations of most regarding the misprint" (whether they ordered one or not)... especially since given the "almost unanimous perception" that these "Mark2 busts came from the Mark3 busts' returns"... whether this is true or not...the least the supplier can really do was to make sure there will be NO MISTAKES anymore, no matter how small they may be since an US$800 bust is not cheap.

Anyways... I just hope SIDESHOW won't take so long on correcting & shipping them since I could have used first the money to purchase some other stuffs.

when the hell is this going to ????ing ship? they charged me a week ago.

Ok...lets be real people. For one...this bust HAD to have come from the returned pieces. Im sure a mark II in the exact same pose was NEVER PLANNED or a coincidence .....it was used as a quick fix after the complaints started pouring in to recoupe the $$$ invested. They could have made the ES out of 50....this piece is still not worth $800. Then to add insult to injury they label it the Mark III......what the hell SS!....Did the ink used in that extra "I" cost $100??
IMO, this bust is not collectors piece....its more of a "do it yourself kit".
Im willing to bet the 1/2 maquette will follow closely in this busts foot steps and at twice the price.....double the money, double the fun I guess.
I think SS should take a break for IM stuff for a while....

Chris

Ok...lets be real people. For one...this bust HAD to have come from the returned pieces. Im sure a mark II in the exact same pose was NEVER PLANNED or a coincidence .....it was used as a quick fix after the complaints started pouring in to recoupe the $$$ invested. They could have made the ES out of 50....this piece is still not worth $800. Then to add insult to injury they label it the Mark III......what the hell SS!....Did the ink used in that extra "I" cost $100??
IMO, this bust is not collectors piece....its more of a "do it yourself kit".
Im willing to bet the 1/2 maquette will follow closely in this busts foot steps and at twice the price.....double the money, double the fun I guess.
I think SS should take a break for IM stuff for a while....

Chris

agreed, but won't happen. after all IM2 is just around the corner...:banghead

Back