Premium Format Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope! :D
Local retailer has one on hold for me. No deposit although i do have a reasonable store credit.

57198195.jpg

Smart move young Padawan. ;)

Waiting on people asking golobulus for super close ups :lol
I am glad you are happy with your one golobulus :rock
Also I am the only one so far to comment on his pics and congradulate him. Whats up with that :dunno

Also I am the only one so far to comment on his pics and congradulate him. Whats up with that :dunno

If mine looks like that I'll be happy. I don't get 1.4 inches away from my statues to look at them so frankly as long as he's that good I'm fine.

You're right, we should congratulate him/her as they're clearly a happy camper with the end product. So congrats golobulus! :duff

That being said, I'm not going to badger him/her for close up pics since I don't know this person and I reserved from commenting b/c they didn't post anything up close. If it's Andy or Col or Jay posting pics, you can bet the house they'll be hearing it. :rotfl

I think it's only fair people post close up pics and just take the criticisms with a grain of salt. People gladly hammer other company's products like the XM Wolverine over a 2 millimeter x 1 millimeter tooth you can hardly see with the naked eye lol, so it's only fair that this product gets equally or more hammered when the paint app on the entire statue ends up as horrid as many of those posted to the boards.

:dunno

........and I reserved from commenting b/c they didn't post anything up close.

I'm the same.

Unfortunately without close up shots of the piece it is almost impossible to detect any paint app issues (except for something like general metalic finishes, or lack thereof e.g. The 42 1:1 bust). And given this statue is in excess of 50cm in height, it's not that hard to see paint app problems (if they exist) when you are looking them over in hand.

If you look through the bulk of the statue forums, how many of the paint app issues are only ones you can see very close up. Nearly all of them e.g. The recent Wonder Woman statue which had lots of close up pics with scuffs and nicks etc. But when viewed whole they looked pristine, which many weren't.

Its slightly interesting that on this particular thread, there haven't been any close up pics posted by fellow freaks. Maybe there just hasn't been alot of people getting this. But it being Iron Man I find that surprising. Or maybe not given recent releases.

And because the Iron Man series utilises black panel lining etc (some of which is never present on the proto shots) the chances for bad application of the paint go through the roof.

I just believe releasing proto pics of their products that 'they know' will never be met in quality by their production piece is morally wrong. No matter what one liner they put at the bottom of the photos.

Of course all of the above is only my opinion, and if people are happy with ther pieces, thats great.

I think it's only fair people post close up pics and just take the criticisms with a grain of salt. People gladly hammer other company's products like the XM Wolverine over a 2 millimeter x 1 millimeter tooth you can hardly see with the naked eye lol, so it's only fair that this product gets equally or more hammered when the paint app on the entire statue ends up as horrid as many of those posted to the boards.

Absolutely.

Hey thanks man. These statues definitely have their flaws and I wish the black outlining was sharper, but they look so good on the shelf I have to keep them. Mk 42 is definitely a better effort from what I can see.

But from the replies I can tell that you guys just want the dirt, so I'll try to focus in on some flaws:

Mk 42's back is a problem area for sure:

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520033.JPG

Blobish paint apps for sure:
2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520032.JPG

Some missing black on Iron Patriot:

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520028.JPG

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520029.JPG

On the thigh:

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520027.JPG

Obviously could be better!

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520026.JPG

Mark 42 details much sharper in my opinion:

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520025.JPG

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520023.JPG

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520022.JPG

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520021.JPG

I agree that Sideshow has been sliding on quality and I agree with the criticism. I'm definitely more selective going forward and the shelves are getting kinda of full these days anyway.... but ultimately I decided to keep these statues because of the way they look HERE:

2015%u0025252520June%u0025252520006.JPG

One *major* thing about these guys that I think Sideshow nailed are the poses and bases. Together I think these look so dynamic. In retrospect I would have preferred to skip the light up feature which I will never use and direct those production funds to the guys that was doing the black outlining :slap

Thank you very much golobulus for the close up pics.

Unfortunately your pics are the nail in the coffin of me ever getting the statue. As I do nitpick my statues but imperfections are expected (unfortunately).

A few hours ago I received the 1:1 bust, and honestly it was below my expectations (which were already quite low).

But I am happy that you're more or less pleased with your piece.

The next Iron Man I'll be getting is the 1/4 scale Hot Toys of the Mark 43. I'll try to pose it without the pole/stand, and try to minimise any visual joints if any.

Wow up close they look awful! The last picture they look good from that distance. So if you can put how they look up close out of your mind then i can see why people would keep them. If i'd ordered them though, i'd have taken great joy in taking a hammer to them both and getting a refund. But then i do enjoy smashing stuff. :lol

Congrats to all that are happy with them though, because at the end of the day that's all that matters. :)

That being said, I'm not going to badger him/her for close up pics since I don't know this person and I reserved from commenting b/c they didn't post anything up close. If it's Andy or Col or Jay posting pics, you can bet the house they'll be hearing it. :rotfl
You can bet the house you and everyone else would be hearing just what i think if i was sent this statue or any other statue with rubbish paint. :lol

So there is still a lot of paint issue on this ........ Damn sideshow ... $500 for this? I wish xm can make them and I'll spend $1k for it.

Iron Man Mark 42 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles & Legacy Effects

Congrats on those that purchased their MK42 and Iron Patriots and are happy with it...at the end of the day, it's like how some of you have already mentioned...as long as your happy with what you've paid for then that's all that matters. It's your money so i'm sure if something was totally unacceptable (like we've seen in some cases) then i'm sure you've done the right thing and returned it for a refund.

From a personal point of view, i'm really happy to have these Iron Man pieces in my collection and whilst i've said many times that they are far from having perfect paint apps, i'm totally digging the poses and light features and i really do think they look great together :) Here are a few pics of mine, however feel free to see more pics over on my display thread by clicking the link below :)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...e-ssc-iron-patriot-custom-arm-rocket-736.html

4b5cfbd38e2d325412d30b7cb56a7322.jpg

Back