Iron Man: Amored Adventures. Your thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worstgamerever

Super Freak
Reaction score
I heard about this a while back and wasn't too excited, infact I totally passed up on it as I felt since it featured a young Tony Stark, it was going to be another Teen Titans - esque show

I saw Young Avengers and that should have taught me that with the right production values and script, the younger versions of these heroes could appeal even to the hardcore fans... but still something inside me didn't want to give in.

I finally gave in and have seen the first 3 episodes and I'm really impressed... it might feature a young [16 year old] Tony Starks and Rhodey, but if you think about it, because guys like Starks are geniuses they kind of have a different thought process even at a young age -- other examples are Amadeus Cho, and Von Doom -- it'll be ludicrous to laugh at them and dismiss them as mere kids [which is kind of what Stane did] and assume they can't be great assets/threats.

So, what are you guys thoughts about the show? [guys = guys and gals!]

If you haven't seen this one I can't recommend it highly enough... with Obadiah Stane, the Mandarin and guys like Blizzard in the mix, who are all grown up villians, this certainly has many adult-themed elements.

What I like about it:

• The slow-mo elements of some fight scenes! :banana
  • It uses a sampling from the Invincible Iron Man DVD OST as part of it's soundtrack...most elements of the soundtrack and theme song aren't bad at all.
  • It's got a 3D look to it, kind of like Real Adventures of Jonny Quest if anyone saw that show? very nice background rendering and the characters themselves have that stylized 3D look
  • The pilot episode [double-lenght] really set the stage. I won't spoil anything but if you are an IM fan, then you are likely to be very impressed with how well the story played out
  • Rhodey is a key part of the story, and as well as being Tony's best friend, provides support for IM in the field. He can also remotely control the IM armor. It's nice to see that the stage is being set for War Machine
  • Khan [Mandarin's nephew, and I think the Mandarin we all know?] is also a key part, and brings a darker, more serious element to the series... Qi Shang [the Mandarin] is also very well played and these two characters look like they have a lot of staying power. There's also a twist in their relationship I can't mention.
  • There aren't too many goofy moments, certainly not any that involve Tony and Rhodey... Pepper Potts is the typical annoying teenage girl with a boy crush, that talks too much, and cares more about class and teenage life, thankfully she doesn't know who Khan and Tony are, even though they all go to the same school. That said, she too has a serious side to her
  • The IM costume is very well done and is full-sized [I thought it'll be some teenage costume variant!]... the build is a bit slighter than the usual MKIII, but unless infact you hear Tony's real voice you would easily think it's a grown man inside

Things I don't like:

• Pepper's incessant chatter
  • Stark is still the more innocent version that's unwilling to cross lines to get the job done... in short he's a bit too "sweet"
  • Rhodey doesn't have the war machine armor... yet
  • The plots [so far] haven't included other heroes... I'm sure that'll change though.
  • Nothing else really

These are my initial thoughts but I'll also like to rub minds with anyone else that's seen this... :monkey3

Some pics below from episode 3.

vlcsnap-1548368.png

vlcsnap-1548411.png

vlcsnap-1548535.png

vlcsnap-1548832.png

vlcsnap-1550723.png

vlcsnap-1550765.png

vlcsnap-1550939.png

Last edited:
I've only seen two episodes, but I don't really care it much. (Although, I will admit that I haven't given it a fair shot.) I guess the two things that bother me most are: 1.) The 3-D/computer animated look I don't like 2.) I don't like the fact that Stark is still a kid. (But I do understand that this is aimed towards a young audience. :lol)

I need to watch another episode of so, but thus far, I like Wolverine and the X-Men much more. I'm glad though IM is back to the small screen though. :rock

I pretty much just dvr it and watch it whenever I have a chance. It doesn't quite excite me like when I watch the current Spider-Man & X-Men shows though, but I really like the Mandarin's design
mandarin.jpg

It's pretty lame. One season lame.

On another note:

Is Spectacular Spider-man canceled?

Didn't really enjoy young Tony Stark but there is another series called The Avengers 2 where the parents of the old Avengers has their kids going and seeking adventures with ole school Tony Stark and ole school Hulk. That seems pretty interesting to me.

Didn't really enjoy young Tony Stark but there is another series called The Avengers 2 where the parents of the old Avengers has their kids going and seeking adventures with ole school Tony Stark and ole school Hulk. That seems pretty interesting to me.

That's kinda like Young Avengers!!! :banana:banana:banana

Do you know what it's called?

I really liked Young Avengers, and actually I'm surprised a lot of folk on here don't like IM: Armored Adventures. The more I watch it, the more I love it :monkey3

Even Pepper's constant, unending chatter is growing on me and it's a different kind of levity to Batman: Brave and the Bold, but it works well...

Really glad I got into this show :chew:chew

I pretty much just dvr it and watch it whenever I have a chance. It doesn't quite excite me like when I watch the current Spider-Man & X-Men shows though, but I really like the Mandarin's design
mandarin.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

You like the Mandarin design? Hmm... wasn't too sure about that one, all he needs are heel boosters and he could pass for one of the mecha from Gundam. Still, I guess he had to have that armor for a reason: everyone that fights against Starks has armor in this series so I guess that's the whole point of the name.. plus Starks himself has already built around 3 variants so far...

On a side note the Crimson Dynamo armor and the whole fight with him was pretty hardcore :D

That's kinda like Young Avengers!!! :banana:banana:banana

Do you know what it's called?

I really liked Young Avengers, and actually I'm surprised a lot of folk on here don't like IM: Armored Adventures. The more I watch it, the more I love it :monkey3

Even Pepper's constant, unending chatter is growing on me and it's a different kind of levity to Batman: Brave and the Bold, but it works well...

Really glad I got into this show :chew:chew

I'm pretty sure it was called "The Avengers 2" it was in the preview of my Hulk vs Wolverine and Hulk vs Thor which I may add, both kicked arse!!! :rock

edit: it had the son of Captain, daughter of Thor, something of Black Widow, something of Wasp, their may of been others it was such a quick preview.

My favoritist show EVER!! :rolleyes:

I watch it...but not attentively. In plaes GREATLY in comparison to Batman the Brave and the Bold. The animation is crap. The story lines are weak. The villians are too "techno" looking to the point that they all basically look the same. That being said...its fun enough to DVR and watch on Saturday morning.

With this new "teen iron man" I can't WAIT for drinking problem to kick in!

I'm pretty sure it was called "The Avengers 2" it was in the preview of my Hulk vs Wolverine and Hulk vs Thor which I may add, both kicked arse!!! :rock

edit: it had the son of Captain, daughter of Thor, something of Black Widow, something of Wasp, their may of been others it was such a quick preview.

Nope its called Young Avengers. Has the kids of all the super heros in the future.

12 episodes in and I still insist this isn't a kids show... :mad:

The last episode was pretty neat, was about Madame Masque.

Back