Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3000 is a pretty low es considering how many people are in the world. At least it's not an open es. That's why I don't buy DCD anymore because they stop numbering there statues.

All I have to say is - when collecting, it's the thrill of the hunt that makes collecting fun. Yeah it's fun to be able to obtain all the one's you want, but when you have that added element of scarcity or rarity, it makes it even more fun.

I mean, what is the point of having an ES on most of there collectables if most collectors didn't care for one? Most collectors want a ES, a low one.

Brother I have to disagree with you on sooooo many counts. To me, its a frustrating pain in the butt. I am dealing with the headache now of trying to track down these Hasbro Masterpiece Transfomers, and let me tell you, I hate it. Just the thought of someone literally running into Toys R Us to obtain an Optimus Prime Masterpiece makes me sick to my stomach. What's worse is, collectors snatch all of them up at once trying to make some money. Not only do I think its greedy, but its downright unnerving. I swear if I was walking into Toys R Us to get one and some idiot had three in hand and those were the only three left, I would literally request one from him. If he refused, I might beat the crap out of him outside the store (indiscreetly of course :angelsmil)because of his greed!

Maybe you like tracking down collectibles and others may be on your side as well....but I know a whole bunch of people that do not!
With gas prices at $5 damn near, and collectibles costing more money, I'm surprised that many people are able to afford it. So I have absolutely no problem at all with SS having a high ES or an OE (like Galactus and Hulk). It will cut out this excessive greedy bs of collectors trying to make a buck, and instead drive sales through SS themselves or the mom and pop comic and collectible shops that sell them. Greedy ass collectors...I can't stand it!

If a product is awesome, I will buy it. I don't care if the ES was 10,000,000....so what??? At this edition size, I don't have to get stressed out trying to obtain what I want. Im not buying this IM bust, but this just is the general way I feel about it. If people weren't so damn greedy, I might have a different tune about this and be more inclined to agree with you.

That's just me though. Others are different!

Not surprised that the edition size is high on this one, just take a look at the Berserker bust that costs $1,200 and Sideshow made 1,250 of them, who there though that was a good idea? and the War Machine bust, how the hell is an open edition product gift card eligible? It makes no sense.

All I have to say is - when collecting, it's the thrill of the hunt that makes collecting fun. Yeah it's fun to be able to obtain all the one's you want, but when you have that added element of scarcity or rarity, it makes it even more fun.

I mean, what is the point of having an ES on most of there collectables if most collectors didn't care for one? Most collectors want a ES, a low one.
:exactly::goodpost: I think most collectors would agree.

I'm ok with an 3000 ES, but it really doesn't matter to me about that. I collect for the enjoyment. I think that is what it should be about.

Can't you enjoy collecting but still like having ES?

I think he meant that people are worrying too much about ES while the main thing why you should collect is to enjoy a collectible. Yes, you can still like having an ES while enoying collecting, but in my opinion you should be happy when you own a piece that has a low ES, but stop whining about a piece that has a high ES. If you have a real problem with that, because you can't get over the fact that let's say 2999 other people have the same collectible as you then don't buy it.:gah:

(I'm not trying to be an *ss to you IL. This is just my opinion.:monkey3)

I think he meant that people are worrying too much about ES while the main thing why you should collect is to enjoy a collectible. Yes, you can still like having an ES while enoying collecting, but in my opinion you should be happy when you own a piece that has a low ES, but stop whining about a piece that has a high ES. If you have a real problem with that, because you can't get over the fact that let's say 2999 other people have the same collectible as you then don't buy it.:gah:

(I'm not trying to be an *ss to you IL. This is just my opinion.:monkey3)

No offence taking.

Believe me when this hobby starts to go in the direction where they stop putting the ES on the statue, i.e. the Hulk Maquette (which I'm not buying) I just stop collecting these statues altogether. It has been explained to nausea why most like the ES.

those that say a 3k ES isn't very big, trying telling that to the Predator LSB that is still available everywhere :wink1:

I don't care very much about the edition number unless it ends up on the Sideshow gift card list or gets discounted on eBay cheaper than what I pre-ordered it for. That's what ticks me off the most.

I enjoy collecting as well but I also like spending the money I use to collect wisely. I don't want to spend $300 today on something I can get for $200 next month.

No offence taking.

Believe me when this hobby starts to go in the direction where they stop putting the ES on the statue, i.e. the Hulk Maquette (which I'm not buying) I just stop collecting these statues altogether. It has been explained to nausea why most like the ES.

That's true. I totally agree. I too do like an ES on my statues, but you don't hear me complaining about a higher one. Sure I'm stoked when I own one of the 250 statues out there, but if it's 3000 I'm still ok with it. The main thing for me about ES is that I own one of a limited amount and that it won't be made anymore after the last one of that amount is sold.

That's true. I totally agree. I too do like an ES on my statues, but you don't hear me complaining about a higher one. Sure I'm stoked when I own one of the 250 statues out there, but if it's 3000 I'm still ok with it. The main thing for me about ES is that I own one of a limited amount and that it won't be made anymore after the last one of that amount is sold.

surely the most important part of collecting a statue or bust is that it looks totally kick-ass! After all, why else would you be buying it? I certainly dont buy a statue purely because there are 250 made in the world or 150 made in the world...you buy something cos it means something to you or because you like the look of it :dunno

I'm not statue collector but I can't pass this!
16538A40500027CC1AC674

2043AD40500027D02A4494

OMG!!! This is going to be AWESOME! Cant wait to have this lined up next to the Iron Man 1:2 Maquette....i wish, oh i wish they would have made this Mark VI armour in the 1:1 bust or a 1:2 maquette!:pray:

I need to see this next to a PF or hot toys figure to get a true sense of scale. Really looking forward to it but I think I'll wait for in hand pics before I order. No exclusive and 3000 es so I don't feel any rush on this.

Gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope he's still around when my Joker and Batman PF Flex payments are complete :pray:

Looks amazing.

Back