Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just asking for clarification. :huh

So what is it about that Stark that makes him "look like a Barbie?" He doesn't seem to have rooted hair. Or boobs and high heels.

Are all 1/6th scale military figures dolls, as well?

And who is saying that a "doll" is a bad thing? I'm just iffy on the distinctions between doll and figurine. What should blow-up love "dolls" be called if they don't look like Barbies?

I think what makes them dolls is the "Human" aspect to them...

If you look at the definition of doll it says something like "Likeness of a human, a toy" etc. That's what makes it a doll to me...

I don't collect Hot Toys but if you had say Arnold from Predator, in clothing I would consider it a doll...Macho man in clothing would be a doll to me as well...

Whereas I wouldn't consider Predator a doll...

But anyway, WHO CARES! Call it a Doll, call it a figure, call it a statue...call it a miniature person for all I care.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/doll

If anyone considers HT figures dolls, then they're just trying to get a rise out of people because they have nothing better to do, .....

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/action%20figures

.... and care too little to look up the definitions of the words before making posts about them.

Doll - used specifically as a child's play toy

action figure - a small scale figure (as of a super hero)

It's not rocket surgery here, people.

*** And if people want to get technical, a lot of Barbie's dolls are, by definition, action figures. Take for instance the POTC line on shelves now. Jack was the heroine of the movie, and it's a small scale figure of his likeness, so technically it's an action figure.

Just an example.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/doll

If anyone considers HT figures dolls, then they're just trying to get a rise out of people because they have nothing better to do, .....

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/action%20figures

.... and care too little to look up the definitions of the words before making posts about them.

Doll - used specifically as a child's play toy

action figure - a small scale figure (as of a super hero)

It's not rocket surgery here, people.

*** And if people want to get technical, a lot of Barbie's dolls are, by definition, action figures. Take for instance the POTC line on shelves now. Jack was the heroine of the movie, and it's a small scale figure of his likeness, so technically it's an action figure.

Just an example.

I consider some of the HT dolls...so sue me? I'm not trying to get a rise out of anyone. Look at my post history, I don' troll or try to get a rise out of people...

It is what it is.

The best part of this thread is the last 20 pages have nothing to do with the actual subject.

By no definition can they technically be considered dolls. HT does not target small children as their clientele, and the vast majority of their lines have to do with action movies, video games, cartoons or comic characters.

Knowing that as fact, and still getting on a thread about an upcoming HT fig and calling them "dolls" is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to get a rise out of the people who collect these figures.

And your "post history" is very brief, so your attempts to pass these off as dolls, and then try to defend your ignorance, is all anyone can look at.

So just join a Barbie forum, and no one will get upset if you call them dolls, but seeing your "post history" you might join that to call them action figures and see if you can get them riled up.

Take for instance the POTC line on shelves now. Jack was the hero of the movie, and it's a small scale figure of his likeness, so technically it's an action figure.

Fixed :D Unless POTC meant something else, & Jack was short for Jacquiline :D

By no definition can they technically be considered dolls. HT does not target small children as their clientele, and the vast majority of their lines have to do with action movies, video games, cartoons or comic characters.

Knowing that as fact, and still getting on a thread about an upcoming HT fig and calling them "dolls" is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to get a rise out of the people who collect these figures.

And your "post history" is very brief, so your attempts to pass these off as dolls, and then try to defend your ignorance, is all anyone can look at.

So just join a Barbie forum, and no one will get upset if you call them dolls, but seeing your "post history" you might join that to call them action figures and see if you can get them riled up.

Did you fail reading comprehension 101? I have one of these on preorder.

See: Rare as hens teeth, Big bear hug etc

Yup :lol

It's always funny in a way to see folks come in and start tossing around the word "doll" or "barbie" to stir stuff up. Just ignore them by placing them on ignore if you must.

Well, lets just agree to disagree as to what these pieces can be 'labelled' as.
Whatever they are classed as is not gonna stop anyone buying them if they want them.
Just enjoy the figure, from what we've seen of it so far.
x :peace

Fixed :D Unless POTC meant something else, & Jack was short for Jacquiline :D
Ooops, thanks :1-1: Words just start rolling out, and you know. I actually meant "heroin", because Cap'n Jack is like an addicting drug you just can't get enough of :lol
Did you fail reading comprehension 101? I have one of these on preorder.

See: Rare as hens teeth, Big bear hug etc

I'm sorry, where do I sign up for that class? And that's pretty sad you insult a figure you're getting. That's like going to a sports team's home games, wearing one of their jerseys but holding up a sign saying they suck. Just makes no sense.

But hey, according to you I wouldn't be able to read the sign anyways :cuckoo:

Well, lets just agree to disagree as to what these pieces can be 'labelled' as.
Whatever they are classed as is not gonna stop anyone buying them if they want them.
Just enjoy the figure, from what we've seen of it so far.
x :peace

You mean....

JK.

Im over it! Lets just enjoy this awesome exclusive please.

I got an email from SSC telling me, that shipping this internationally to me would cost $25US :banana I thought shipping might be like $70US or something, so I'm happy to be keeping this on pre order. Thought I might of had to drop it, whew :D

I got an email from SSC telling me, that shipping this internationally to me would cost $25US :banana I thought shipping might be like $70US or something, so I'm happy to be keeping this on pre order. Thought I might of had to drop it, whew :D

Wow that's super cheap! Good news.

Just don't faint when you see your customs fees... I've heard those are where the real pain comes from.

Damn, I live in the States and to get HT figs from them is usually around $20 for me. Hey, good for you, though. Always glad to hear when fellow collectors aren't getting raked over the coals to get something they want :hi5:

Back