Iron Man - 1/4th scale Iron Man Mark III (Golden Color Version) [Hot Toys Exclusive]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone once said. They could make some amazing pieces from multiple properties but choose to focus attention on a red and yellow robot. Lol big iron man fan btw

I mean, it looks great because the only thing that is ever wrong with Mark III figures is the color they constantly screw up. Just underscores that I just want my damn Mark II

ht6gVJt.png

Only 300 of these are available. I'm hearing they're holding multiple online lotteries for this guy. So yeah you're not gonna see him unless you pay out of this world prices. Although Sideshow might be able to get like 100-150 later on
Who is holding these lotteries? How are people purchasing this?

Dont get the complaints. If HT is gonna do a store exclusive super limited release it is better that it be a pointless repaint. Can you imagine if the ltd edition of 300 units Chinese store exclusive was Bespin Han? folk would be pi**ed off!
But if Hot Toys did that, then the internet fanboys couldn't complain about another Iron Man figure! What would they do with themselves?

In all seriousness, it's a nice paint job and I'm sure it'll go for $$$ in the secondary market.

Does anyone know what the retail price for this is? Ya know, just so I can get a sense for how badly gouged I’m going to get if I go for one of these when all 300 wind up on eBay the day they’re released.

Hard to say, every shot with the case in them are all 000/300, they might have passed around the same proto. If they can get that shine on the Mark II I'd be very happy

HT isn't very good with gloss gold paint.....case in point was mark 7 midas with hordes of returns/exchanges. hope this turns out well though

Wow, that looks amazing. If I didn't own the regular red one, I would definitely be all over this guy.

Well, TBA got a couple of these in today but after shipping it is around $1,100.00 (Shipping is $200 USD for Economy or EMS).
I am 50/50 on whether I really want it, so going to just be at peace passing on it for that price.

With it being 300 pieces, I don't see it ever being any cheaper, but yeah... for the same price
I could do the 1/4 Mark IV + Gantry Set (also not happening, lol) which will most likely be on insane
price discount by summer of next year.

These 1/4 scale pieces just have too much of a price collapse to justify their costs.

How is it "beating a dead horse" when a $700 - 1/4 Scale Mandalorian is available now for $200 - $250?

Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean others like the things they buy as collectibles for hundreds of dollars
to be selling for 1/4 of what they originally cost a year after they buy it.

You don't like the comment, move along please.

Last edited:
So what's next a silver color mark I or red and gold mark II? These are getting ridiculous.

Well, TBA got a couple of these in today but after shipping it is around $1,100.00 (Shipping is $200 USD for Economy or EMS).
I am 50/50 on whether I really want it, so going to just be at peace passing on it for that price.

With it being 300 pieces, I don't see it ever being any cheaper, but yeah... for the same price
I could do the 1/4 Mark IV + Gantry Set (also not happening, lol) which will most likely be on insane
price discount by summer of next year.

These 1/4 scale pieces just have too much of a price collapse to justify their costs.
I would love to pick one of these up, but not for $1100. I’ll just keep monitoring and maybe in a year or two after the initial hype or excitement of ownership dies off, i can pick one up for a more reasonable 1/4 scale price (factoring in the 0/300 exclusivity of course). Sigh. Wish they’d just make a bunch so anyone could order.

How is it "beating a dead horse" when a $700 - 1/4 Scale Mandalorian is available now for $200 - $250?

Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean others like the things they buy as collectibles for hundreds of dollars
to be selling for 1/4 of what they originally cost a year after they buy it.

You don't like the comment, move along please.

You are still beating a dead horse, this is not an investment market. People buy cool stuff just because, there's no price justification. I voiced my opinion. You're also welcome to move on.

Back