Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marvel-iron-man-mark-3-maquette-sideshow-300172-26.jpg

Definitely should not be caked on like that. It should basically have the same amount that's on the legs.

Why does it look less obvious in some of the other shots? Looks good overall though.

Last edited:
I’m thinking this is probably a one off! If not then this is a complete failure to be honest. It shouldn’t look this bad. I can see the overall piece doesn’t look too bad at all. The base looks sweet. It’s just those boots are plain wrong. Like someone painted it with peanut butter. It should have more of a sandy look rather than mud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking this is probably a one off! If not then this is a complete failure to be honest. It shouldn’t look this bad. I can see the overall piece doesn’t look too bad at all. The base looks sweet. It’s just those boots are plain wrong. Like someone painted it with peanut butter. It should have more of a sandy look rather than mud

Hahaha! Really though, it does look good aside from the boots looking like that. Hopefully it IS a one off.

Statue looks great. But the feet still look dodgy filter or no filter. It’s just over done

This looks pretty damn good so far. As far as SSC IM pieces go, I haven't seen one this clean since the Mark VI maquette. The boots are bit unfortunate but given SSC's history with IM, you guys are lucky it looks this good :rotfl

I bet the excess mud affect can be removed simply with a pink pencil eraser. If mine arrives "overdone" I will give it a try and post some pics.

hah, ballsy! I would love to see some higher quality photos and closeups of this piece.

It’s really easy if the muddy paint is over the clear coat. I’ve used a pencil eraser to successfully remove overspray and excess shading on other pieces. I’ll see if it needs it when I have it in hand.

After seeing these recent pics, I'm still happy with my Iron Studios Age of Ultron Iron Man as the Iron Man in my collection.

The problem is (from those pics) that there is no transition whatsoever from the dirty/muddy boots to the clean lower leg/shin armor as there was in the proto pics. There should also be some dirt on his shin armor as it transitions up from the feet to the lower part of the legs. Also, there is just waaay too much dirt/mud on his feet to begin with.
It is just jarring the way it is in those production pics.

Agreed. The problem is overly muddy feet while the lower leg is too clean.
I'm not to worried as zooming in on the feet will exaggerate how it looks compared to viewing it normally. Not happy but not freaking out. Will wait until it arrives before freaking out :)

It’s really easy if the muddy paint is over the clear coat. I’ve used a pencil eraser to successfully remove overspray and excess shading on other pieces. I’ll see if it needs it when I have it in hand.

I just received a statue and as I was cleaning the factory dust off I accidentally took some of the top layer of paint off (top coat/shading) with nothing but my thumb :slap

I agree on removing the excess. I’m sure it can be done. I think the piece overall looks great. Will wait for more collectors to get this in.

Never really crossed my mind to return a piece if it's because of something I've caused.

I'm agreeing with you. I'm saying I wouldn't try to "fix" a statue, because as soon as you do, and screw it up, it's a *you* problem (rightly) in their eyes.

I'll be very interested if they all look like this. To say it would be poor QC would be a massive understatement.

Back