Indy IV Negative Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasn't anybody seen a film that they completely disliked at first, but several years later seeing it again LIKED IT???

I have...It's happened to me twice.

Last edited:
Yeah, there have been several movies over the years that grew more on me after each viewing. There have also been movies that have done the opposite. Now, I usually do know if I like it or not after one viewing but as I stated repeated viewings do improve on the enjoyment, make things more tolerable, or even make me go man that really is bad. :lol

Me too J1. :D

Hasn't anybody seen a film that they completely disliked at first, but several years later seeing it again LIKED IT???

I have...It's happened to me twice.

The Matrix was mine.Didn't get it thought it was dumb & never really sat and watched the whole thing then after a few years sat & watched the whole thing.Man I dont know what I was thinking that flick rocked hard.:rock

Yeah, there have been several movies over the years that grew more on me after each viewing. There have also been movies that have done the opposite. Now, I usually do know if I like it or not after one viewing but as I stated repeated viewings do improve on the enjoyment, make things more tolerable, or even make me go man that really is bad. :lol

I hate to beat a lying dog, but for that's how I feel about some of the SW prequels. I love them, but it's a different kind of love. If that makes sense. Anyway I saw Indy IV again and I must say if you leave all logic at the door and just try to enjoy it then it's not so bad. Just know what you're going in for and it's all right. It's a shame really, deep inside that movie is a great idea just unfortunately it's all about poor execution. Still a C+, but a solid C+ at that.

My appreciation for Blade Runner grew with repeated viewings. Sometimes you do like a film more after seeing it more than once. Now, Indy IV is no Blade Runner, but I can see what some people are saying. It's rare that your opinion/response changes with repeated viewings, but it can happen.

I was like that the first time I saw Rushmore. I thought it was ok. It has gotten funnier with each viewing.

Mindbook, it's happened to me: Several years ago I started watching "O Brother, Where Art Thou", as a few friends said it was sooo funny... I sat thru maaaybe half, and turned it off in complete bewilderment, I thought it was awful... Fast forward about a year and a half, and I started watching it again with my husband, thinking "I'll get up in a few minutes..." Lo and behold, I laughed my head off and then went out and bought the dvd the next day. It is still one of my favorite movies... I was "eh" the first time I saw KotCS... parts were way over the top and others were, well, "eh"... saw it again tonight and I liked it more by about half. I "got" Marion this time 'round... (and parts were STILL over the top!) :D

Everyone has an opinion, I just don't understand those of you who think someone's "wrong" or "right" about it, because that's just silly. And that's my opinion! :lol :peace

Mindbook, it's happened to me: Several years ago I started watching "O Brother, Where Art Thou", as a few friends said it was sooo funny... I sat thru maaaybe half, and turned it off in complete bewilderment, I thought it was awful... Fast forward about a year and a half, and I started watching it again with my husband, thinking "I'll get up in a few minutes..." Lo and behold, I laughed my head off and then went out and bought the dvd the next day. It is still one of my favorite movies... I was "eh" the first time I saw KotCS... parts were way over the top and others were, well, "eh"... saw it again tonight and I liked it more by about half. I "got" Marion this time 'round... (and parts were STILL over the top!) :D

Everyone has an opinion, I just don't understand those of you who think someone's "wrong" or "right" about it, because that's just silly. And that's my opinion! :lol :peace

Agreed thats a good flick.That damn song they sing stays in your head all night after seeing it.:D

LOL, funny stuff. Watch it till the end.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CPzDjaA03ts&hl=en"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CPzDjaA03ts&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back