Indy finally coming to blu-ray !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm expecting Lucasfilm to cheap out on the Indy Blurays. They'll probably use confusing and stupid box art just like they did for the SW blurays too.

Unless it does come with loads of new bonus features and, most importantly, deleted scenes, I won't be upgrading.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk[/ame]

As long as the transfers are done with care, and turn out well, I will buy a bare-bones release. Anything they decide to include in the way of extras is just icing for me.

I want to own these in High Def so gotta be on board for this one :)

just want to clarify... they are only selling IJ on blu ray in the 4 pack of movies right? no original trilogy?

Correct, only the set of 4 at this time. I'm guessing they will be available seperately sometime next year, but then again, the Star Wars films are still only being sold in sets of PT and OT. :dunno

Just saw that there's a Grail Diary included with this with a lot of accurate inserts. That's pretty cool! It probably won't hold up to my hero diary though ;D

Doesn't seem so long ago when Indy was finally coming to DVD. I still have what I believe was the last ever VHS box set.

I've always wondered how they release a movie on HD DVD when it wasn't shot in HD at the time it was made. I'm sure we'll see some split screen shots of the regular and blu-ray versions. I really want this to be a slam dunk.

They don't release movies on HD DVD...in case you haven't heard, Blu-Ray won the hi-def wars ;-)

I've always wondered how they release a movie on HD DVD when it wasn't shot in HD at the time it was made. I'm sure we'll see some split screen shots of the regular and blu-ray versions. I really want this to be a slam dunk.

Film is of much higher resolution than 1080 pixels. If studios spend the time and resources for a proper restoration (Jaws is a spectacular example), there is no reason older films can't look as good as newer films.

Film is of much higher resolution than 1080 pixels. If studios spend the time and resources for a proper restoration (Jaws is a spectacular example), there is no reason older films can't look as good as newer films.

My Blu-Ray of Dr. No looks like a film that was made in 2010 but set in the 1960's, not a film that was made in the 1960's, the quality is excellent.

Kelly's Hero's (1970) and Indy are perfect examples, there DVD tranfers look crisp as

Just saw that there's a Grail Diary included with this with a lot of accurate inserts. That's pretty cool! It probably won't hold up to my hero diary though ;D

Wait wait, what?? Where did you read this?? There are goodies packed in with it??

Sounds like it may be one of those regional exclusive things. I know the BTTF BluRay set has some paper props included.

EDIT: Ah, I see. . . it looks to be a UK Exclusive gift set type of thing. No one has it available for pre-order yet??

Last edited:
Wait wait, what?? Where did you read this?? There are goodies packed in with it??

Sounds like it may be one of those regional exclusive things. I know the BTTF BluRay set has some paper props included.

EDIT: Ah, I see. . . it looks to be a UK Exclusive gift set type of thing. No one has it available for pre-order yet??

Yes they do :wave

Play.com

https://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/32310820/0/Indiana-Jones-The-Complete-Adventures-Limited-Collector-Edition-Box-Set/ListingDetails.html

HMV

https://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=785510

Amazon

[ame]https://www.amazon.co.uk/Indiana-Complete-Adventures-Limited-Collectors/dp/B0089TGJ18/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1346488025&sr=8-6[/ame]

And it is Region Free!

Back