Indy finally coming to blu-ray !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!

i feel like its been forever that ive been waiting for this anouncement. also supposedly ET is coming as well (the theatrical version). makes me even happier i got that HT indy recently! i just watched Raiders on my old DVD and it just made me really wish it was on bluray even more! maaan this is a great day!!:):):)

YEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!

i feel like its been forever that ive been waiting for this anouncement. also supposedly ET is coming as well (the theatrical version). makes me even happier i got that HT indy recently! i just watched Raiders on my old DVD and it just made me really wish it was on bluray even more! maaan this is a great day!!:):):)

Yes E.T and Jaws are coming out they are part of the Universal 100 years celebration. Also it's E.T's 30th Anniversary. Both are due out in the Fall

So I guess we are talking about the Indy release in this thread now?

thank you for clearing that up, i am happy for all these releases around the same time, and i havent seen ET in so many years, now i have a reason to wait until the fall!

I will be waiting for reviews. Some blu-rays are Not necesarily a great improvement over the DVD. Terminator is an example. The Amazon "review" is funny. First I don't really need a review of the films (I've seen them all several times over). Second it's interesting how he says "indisputeably" ROTLA is the best. Although I agree its the best, the consensus around here is TOD. So it is in dispute.
But anyway I have the trilogy on DVD. I had Star Wars on VHS, so I sprung for BluRay. Reviews of the Indy on Blu Ray are going to have to convince me its worth the "upgrade"

im not worried one bit. im sure this is gonna be a beautiful bluray release. on the special features of KOTCS they have a few HD scenes of the 3 films. looks fantastic. and it will look even better on the official release.

I will be waiting for reviews. Some blu-rays are Not necesarily a great improvement over the DVD. Terminator is an example. The Amazon "review" is funny. First I don't really need a review of the films (I've seen them all several times over). Second it's interesting how he says "indisputeably" ROTLA is the best. Although I agree its the best, the consensus around here is TOD. So it is in dispute.
But anyway I have the trilogy on DVD. I had Star Wars on VHS, so I sprung for BluRay. Reviews of the Indy on Blu Ray are going to have to convince me its worth the "upgrade"

Who says TOD is better than Raiders? Names and addresses so they can picked up for mental evaluation

Raiders is my favourite film of all time, but I have no problem with the careful and respectful revisiting of the films for restoration purposes.
The example of the snake reflection on the glass is what it should be used for. This was never meant to be part of the scene, and as the resolution of the home video formats increase these kind of errors become more noticeable.
Changing the nature of a scene to meet differing moral/personal standards such as the gun/walkie talkie scene in ET, or just for the hell of it, is what it should NOT be used for.

If you are going to bother putting it on Blu-ray, spend the time to make it the best audio/visual presentation possible.

this has gotta be the last major adventure action series to be released on blu. its seriously the only one that is missing, so am happy its finally on the way!

Back