Indy 12'' line on ''pause.'' OR The Future of the Sideshow 12" INDY Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indy 12'' line on ''pause.''

Frankly, I'm done with the 1:6 news they keep spoon feeding us. If they make 12", that's great. If not, then whatever. I've got other things to do with my time than to worry about what Sideshow is going to do the Indy line.

. . . .but we just can't figure out Gimli. . . or a muscle body. . . or a Prometheus for ladies. . . those are too complicated."

The problem with LOTR was that the character designs were too intense for the line's poor sales.

And they haven't said that they can't figure out a muscular body, or a female body. What they have said is that they are developing them. They will use them when they are ready.

The problem with LOTR was that the character designs were too intense for the line's poor sales.

Doubtful. The reality is Sideshow looked at the profit margins of the polystone product line versus the profit margin of the 1/6 line and said "It's not worth it". Sideshow survived for the first 5 years of their existence selling 1/6 scale figures with smaller product runs than their LOTR line and that didn't stop them.

And they haven't said that they can't figure out a muscular body, or a female body. What they have said is that they are developing them. They will use them when they are ready.

What they say and what they mean are two entirely different things. The double-speak from them is getting old.

I'm assuming Sideshow has a Q&A panel at the con. . . hopefully they'll share some news. It would be nice to see them take the lead for once, maybe announce a Slave Leia with covered joints. They've had the Pro for a year now, revise it, get a female body out. Get out from behind Hot Toys' shadow.

Again, "development" can mean anything from "They're two months out" to doodling muscles and boobies on a pro during production meetings. My money's on the latter. :lol

Also, they said point-blank "The Indiana Jones 1:6 line is active". No "pause" or "break" mentioned. This leads me to believe they really were focused on figuring out some engineering stuff in order to come with the TOD figures (and, environment(s).

Yeah, I know... but I kinda got the impression that Brant was referring to something else.

We'll see...

Also, they said point-blank "The Indiana Jones 1:6 line is active". No "pause" or "break" mentioned. This leads me to believe they really were focused on figuring out some engineering stuff in order to come with the TOD figures (and, environment(s).

Cool.

/thread

But it's not, that's the point!

Or is it? :monkey4

Brant and Brock telling us in person at SDCC that the line is "Active" and that they're working on 1:6 INDY stuff trumps anything posted in an Ask Sideshow piece months ago, imho.

Maybe this thread could just be titled "The Future of the 1:6 Sideshow INDY Line" :dunno That'd cover it all, I think.

This news is exciting and the best news the fans have heard regarding the fate of the line in over a year. This will definitely re-invigorate interest in the line. Take that naysayers!

This news is exciting and the best news the fans have heard regarding the fate of the line in over a year. This will definitely re-invigorate interest in the line. Take that naysayers!

Hell friggin yea it is. Especially since ToD is my fav.

I'm honestly surprised no one else had posted about this yet. I was busy taking in the last of the con and traveling back to ATL and figured for sure there would have been a thread or something discussing the "news" that the line is not only NOT dead, but active and they're working on stuff. Were there no other Freaks at the Panel/Q&A? :dunno

I know a lot of folks head out of SD on Sunday, so maybe that's why.

Back