Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and which thread is that, exactly?

no one here has even so much as implied that ss "sucks". especially since pretty much everyone agrees that trevor (who works for ss by the way) did a great job and the general quality of the pf is good. having issues with a prototype and conveying them in a constructive and rational manner are entirely valid. especially in a forum.

noob.

:rotfl yeah righto buddy:rotfl

I was making a general comment on the casual way so many people seemed to be ripping on this beautiful looking PF IMO. So SS have made an interpretation of TOD Indy rather than a scene specific pose, I would say it's unlikely to change from now to when you get it in your hands seeing as thats what they are selling.

The pics came out and I was looking at this thread like: 'Have these guys got some super-secret pics where this PF looks extremely rubbish coz I must be looking at different pics!?'

If you want scene specific stuff why don't you kitbash with 1/6 stuff and make ur own dios?

As for noob name-calling I think thats a pretty weak call.

Wotevs.

Last edited:
:rotfl yeah righto buddy:rotfl

I was making a general comment on the casual way so many people seemed to be ripping on this beautiful looking PF IMO. So SS have made an interpretation of TOD Indy rather than a scene specific pose, I would say it's unlikely to change from now to when you get it in your hands seeing as thats what they are selling.

The pics came out and I was looking at this thread like: 'Have these guys got some super-secret pics where this PF looks extremely rubbish coz I must be looking at different pics!?'

If you want scene specific stuff why don't you kitbash with 1/6 stuff and make ur own dios?

As for noob name-calling I think thats a pretty weak call.

Wotevs.

no. u were not making a "general" comment. what u did make was a sweeping, dismissive and patronizing statement about this thread. and that sort of thing invites rebuke, or at the very least, a retort. if you're man enough to dish it out, u should be man enough to take it.

and that's all i have to say in response to u. welcome to the forum.

I will be ordering this one tonight, should go well with Mola Ram. :) good thing it's not PPO. I guess I am kind of suprised by that. Guess it's not the best of times for the line but Mola Ram got the PPO treatment.

When does the newsletter come out usually?
Here on the east coast I don't see it til I open my email at work on friday.

I have to say I like how this one turned out... it is a bit odd having a mish-mash of scenes, but at the same time all the elements look good together.

The monkey brain dessert would likely need to be displayed a bit separately, but as an exclusive item that's not unusual. Would scene specific have been better, maybe... but you really do get a great overall feel of the movie.

Similar to the ROTLA in which the scene was not from the film, but summed up the feel of the movie nicely.

I think that the person who mentioned the chilled Monkey Brains might be onto something, but I will be pleasantly surprised if the ex is part of the PF itself.

As soon as I saw somebody mention it on Sideshow's webpage, I knew that is something they would add as an EX.

Chilled Monkey Brains :thud:

this is going to look great on the shelf in the movie room... I do kind of wish they had gone another route with the exclusive piece... considering the Raiders OF has the idol.. KOTCS has the mask relic.. (and if you got the Best Buy DVD set you have the skull in 1/4 scale).. the PF comes with the 3 sankara stones.. soooo.. a pretty reasonable and like themed exclusive piece could have been the Nurhachi urn in PF scale... at least that would look more in step with the other pieces... regardless... great piece.. the only big change I will do to mine is taking the stone out of his hand... the grenade toss pose just doesn't feel right...

I will be ordering but not sure about keeping it. After I see it at the Con I will make my decision.

Don't assume it will be on display at SDCC. They didn't have a few PFs on display last year, even though they were already pre-ordered but not yet released.

Don't assume it will be on display at SDCC. They didn't have a few PFs on display last year, even though they were already pre-ordered but not yet released.

You're right. Same happened to Con 2008. But we're already letting them know we'd like to see it and hopefully they will display it.

We'll see......

Well I guess it is just down to the Last Crusade PF to show what he is best known for, i.e Using his whip.

Incidentally, that would be on the PF for the film in which he uses the whip the least out of the 4, by far. :slap

(... But that would actually be perfect for this license. :lol)

The MP40? Yeah, that'd be cool. But that would also mean Sideshow would've made 4 different Indy PFs... and not a single one with him actually using his whip. :cuckoo:

"Let's make 4 Robin Hood PFs, without one using a bow & arrow!" "Let's do a Michael Jordan PF... without a basketball!" :lol

The MP40? Yeah, that'd be cool. But that would also mean Sideshow would've made 4 different Indy PFs... and not a single one with him actually using his whip. :cuckoo:

"Let's make 4 Robin Hood PFs, without one using a bow & arrow!" "Let's do a Michael Jordan PF... without a basketball!" :lol

I see your point but I still want my MP40 Indy.

Back