Indiana Jones - Pursuit of the Ark statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm surprised too there aren't more pics. Either people are getting it in and not posting anything, or there aren't that many folks who ordered this.

Mine's coming tomorrow as well. I'm looking forward to seeing the size compared to the PFs.

Yeah, I'm surprised too there aren't more pics. Either people are getting it in and not posting anything, or there aren't that many folks who ordered this.

Mine's coming tomorrow as well. I'm looking forward to seeing the size compared to the PFs.

Well I sure hope it's not due to people being disappointed or underwhelmed. Some of my excitement has been sapped with the first group of pictures. Usually ANY statue has at least one good pose or pic by even the worst photographer. Nothing I have seen from the initial poster has made me thrilled I have ordered this. I hope tomorrow when I get it, I feel differently.

The Ford likeness is passable (guyliner aside), but Indy's head looks out of scale with his body, and his neck is way too long.

I know the pose is different, but the scale should be similar. Indy's chin should be just slightly above the lapels of his jacket:

attachment.php

X-Indy03.jpg

I'll reserve judgement until I get it in hand. We've had ONE person post photos. I'm not going to make an assessment just based on that.

I will as I've got no stakes in the matter, as I cancelled my order due to reasons unrelated to the finished product. Just pointing out what is jumping out to me. :dunno

The head on the final product looks significantly different from the proto pix. Not sure if it is just poor paint, or general scale differences.

300021-indiana-jones-pursuit-of-the-ark-008.jpg

300021-indiana-jones-pursuit-of-the-ark-002.jpg

Hi guys I just got my Indiana pursuit of the ark statue ex. not the best work from sideshow but it doesn't disappoint.

IMG_0414e.jpg
IMG_0418e.jpg
IMG_0419e.jpg
IMG_0421e.jpg
IMG_0423e.jpg

I think the exclusive piece is a waste, should have been a print of some kind even though I'll have the exclusive Friday.

Much better pictures, looks much more like Ford than the first few shots we've seen!

Hi guys I just got my Indiana pursuit of the ark statue ex. not the best work from sideshow but it doesn't disappoint.

I feel the same way, there's really nothing that pops out at you with this statue, it's not bad but it's not like I gotta have it either.... Also the more I look at it on my desk the more I'm a bit bummed with the detail of the horse, it's not bad but it's not something that grabs your attention either, your not like "WOW check out the details on that horse"... I don't think anyone will hate the statue, but I don't think it's a must have either. The best way to describe it is "Average"

Hmmm. I don't know about this piece from the pics so far. Horse's face looks pretty simple. Ford doesn't look too bad.
Number 16 is in the house. I'll reserve judgement until I have a chance to open it.

Geez, this is getting depressing. I'm certainly not going to "settle" for a $500 collectible. I hope Sideshow didn't screw the pooch on this. Call me conspiratorial, but maybe there was a reason this wasn't on display at comic-con where we all would have seen production pics months ago. Maybe they figure it didn't come out as well, but majority of the Indy collectors are so starved they will settle. You shouldn't have to find things to like in a collectible. Every time I see my two Indy PF's I am awestruck with how awesome. I will settle for nothing less considering this costs about the price of both of them combined.

EDIT--hell, I'd rather return it, IF it doesn't meet expectations and buy the damn KOTCC Indy on Ebay!

Hmmm. I don't know about this piece from the pics so far. Horse's face looks pretty simple. Ford doesn't look too bad.
Number 16 is in the house. I'll reserve judgement until I have a chance to open it.

Are you doing a Video of this one Fremen?

The horse has struck me as having the detail of being on a carousel, it's really sort of bugging me.

I get the distinct impression their bottom tier factory did this. I can't wait to hear your impression Fremen, I always enjoy your reviews anyway, but this one is important to me

First: Man this statue is begging for a repaint!

Second: As an Indy collector (who specifically collects Raiders) I am a bit disappointed; not only with this statue but the way essentialy ALL companies have handled the Indy license. From "googly-eyed" Hasbro 3 3/4 figures to "floppy body" Sideshow 12" to "whomever that's supposed to be" Hot Toys version, everybody misses the mark. Don't get me wrong; I'm elated to have any Indy merch after having virtually nothing since 1981, but why do they all fall short? Indy is one of the most iconic movie heroes of ALL time; give the man the treatment he deserves!

Ya I'll probably do a video of it.

I should open it. Box is pretty big. I need to find the energy.

Mine is kind of a mess. Yup.
Chip on the nose and looks like no primer on the bottom part of the base. Paint came right off. You can see it in my video when it's up.
I'll post a pic as well once my video is done uploading.

I do still like this statue though.

Back