Indiana jones 1/6 repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, you nailed it... Those shots are phenomenal. I know exactly what you mean when you say the "painting Gods" were with you. When you're excited about a sculpt, sometimes the paint just does it's thing.. like you weren't even doing anything at all. I love that. :rock

And sometimes paint is like Jar jar binks and you just want to slap the hell out of it. :lol

Finally got got Indy on his body.

P1000943-1.jpg

P1000944.jpg

P1000945-1.jpg

Hella cool!!! LOVE the lighting! That looks like a poster!

Thanks guys. Gotta say there is a bit of luck involved and maybe the painting gods were with me Friday. I actually tried another head today but it didn't come out nearly as well...

Believe it or not I actually took up painting 1/6 heads because I knew Indy was coming down the pike. I learned a lot from reading posts by people like Les, DA, and Darren... I've been painting heads since April or so but this is the first one that felt alive to me... I was so excited when I finished...

Thanks for all the kind words!!

Hey bro, the work's really awesome, indy looks helluva real. and you're right, it's alive..time to take a page from your book and learn how you do it :lol

Amazing work Rugby ... I'm blown away ... would you mind telling me if you used anything to 'fix' the pastels after you applied them, to stop the pastel just rubbing off the sculpt? It's an incredible effect for the stubble ...!

I use Krylon Matte Finish but others may use something else. Also not sure if the same brands exist internationally.

As with everything a little goes a long way. Sometimes if I spray too close the head or add to many layers it develops a glossy look. Basically I try to put enough to hold up to gentle movement but I'm still going to avoid touching his face.

Basically, it's taken a lot of experimenting to get here and I'm still trying to figure out the best ways to try things.

Well, I still can't get over it!!! I just showed someone at work to see if they thought it was a real picture of Harrison Ford or not... They were stumped for a while! :clap

Amazing repaint Rugby1970. I very like what you do with the beard. I have not managed to get the same result with mine.

Not finish, I must add some gloss and red on the lips and the most difficult, the eyes :D

It's a training, after i make the other with the hat :whip

It's a training, after i make the other with the hat :whip

I think he's coming along great! The eyes are really going to bring him to life.

I did the same thing and started with hat-less Indy. I wanted to make my mistakes on him and try to perfect Indy with the hat.

Back