INCREDIBLE 1/6 Indiana Jones head by Jonghyuk Park

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I don't think it really comes any closer to Ford than Inigo's V2 sculpt. And that modified Choi still tops both. If there's any Indy sculpt I would want to pay $800 for, it would be that one.
I'm partial and prefer the V2 myself. That one is still my favorite overall. I'd love to see that painted by Buffy.

This one is phenomenal in its own right, but I think whats the real wow factor here is the paint work and not so much the sculpt.

And yes at just shy of $900, this should pass for a still in the movie. IMO. When you are hitting the 1k mark and beyond the quality needs to reflect the price. Example Adam's Ledger Joker Sculpts.

But as mentioned, it would be great to see all the sculpts painted by the same painter to really get an accurate judgment call on likenesses.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm partial and prefer the V2 myself. That one is still my favorite overall. I'd love to see that painted by Buffy.

This one is phenomenal in its own right, but I think whats the real wow factor here is the paint work and not so much the sculpt.

And yes at just shy of $900, this should pass for a still in the movie. IMO. When you are hitting the 1k mark and beyond the quality needs to reflect the price. Example Adam's Ledger Joker Sculpts.

But as mentioned, it would be great to see all the sculpts painted by the same painter to really get an accurate judgment call on likenesses.

If anything; it?s the other way around with the paint slightly throwing off the incredible sculpt.

That said, the paint is still gorgeous.

I agree Cap. The eye placement is absolutely key for getting a decent expression.

I would rather have a mediocre paint job with a good expression than a great paint job with a bland expression. The latter is what brings the sculpt to life in my opinion. That black and white photo looks so much better.

If you lined up all the Indiana Jones sculpts to date this would be hands down the best Indiana Jones Ford likeness in the lineup. Lets be real, people nitpicking the cost, paint, or likeness are just trying to make themselves feel better because they were not able to purchase it. 💯

I put this chart together recently of most of the modern Indy sculpts. Lot of great artists/work in there.

95a709067aa60aea1b59a0d5bebefb4c.jpg

If you lined up all the Indiana Jones sculpts to date this would be hands down the best Indiana Jones Ford likeness in the lineup. Lets be real, people nitpicking the cost, paint, or likeness are just trying to make themselves feel better because they were not able to purchase it. 💯
Well said man....well said. Lol 👏👏👏

If you lined up all the Indiana Jones sculpts to date this would be hands down the best Indiana Jones Ford likeness in the lineup. Lets be real, people nitpicking the cost, paint, or likeness are just trying to make themselves feel better because they were not able to purchase it. [emoji817]

The higher the cost goes the more critical it gets.[emoji2369] Thats the reality.

So this sculpt is immune of criticism and anyone that speaks otherwise is just a hater?

Come on man. [emoji38]

Thats hardly the case here. Its a great sculpt for sure and had I been informed or extended an offer to get on this run I probably would have. But I wasn't one of the chosen ones. Which actually stings more than not getting the sculpt in my opinion. There's a few that got in on this that I have been friends with for years and I never heard a drop of info on it from them.

But everyone has a preference. Some prefer Inigo. Some prefer Jnix. Some the MJ.

So I stand by my original post. "Lets be real" higher the price the more critical one gets.

And that is in no way hating or disrespect to the artist or those lucky 30 that got one.

Its definitely the best/most realistically painted Indy sculpt out there that I've seen. [emoji817]

I've looked long and hard at this Indy and even though it's incredible, I don't personally think it is as good as Buffy's Deckard sculpt. His Deckard is without doubt, the best Ford sculpt I've seen at any scale.
I prefer the Jnix hatless Indy head compared to Buffy's version. To me, Jnix absolutely nailed the younger appearance of Ford from '81. Buffy's sculpt is great for a Last Crusade aged Ford, but just doesn't have the youthful look that is required for Raiders IMHO

20171114_110347.jpg

Last edited:
I put this chart together recently of most of the modern Indy sculpts. Lot of great artists/work in there.

Thank you for updating this TonTon, it's cool seeing all the attempts at Indy together.

I'm still not sure which is my favorite of Buffy, Jnix, Inigo V3, or the Modified MJ Choi, It's wierd that their all different but I can see Ford in all of them.

Thank you for updating this TonTon, it's cool seeing all the attempts at Indy together.

I'm still not sure which is my favorite of Buffy, Jnix, Inigo V3, or the Modified MJ Choi, It's wierd that their all different but I can see Ford in all of them.

:duff: I completely agree, a good amount of Ford in different ways in each of these, some more than others, and some in places where it counts more than others.

Like I came across this crazy picture of Ford smiling the other day and immediately thought of the WGP smiling sculpt. Dollars to donuts that was one of the reference pics they used.

145b4aeafe6a0c79235ca61c7e7817a9.jpg

I recently picked up Inigo's Deckard -- which I think was made around the time of v2 Indy -- and felt like it undermined my Jnix Indy when I had them displayed right next to each other. Just as in that they both look like Ford on their own, but right next to each other don't seem like they could be the same person.

Buffy, then Inigo V3 and definitely the two best I have seen. Congratulations to those who were able to get the Buffy.

This is a great chart. I'd say the MJ Choi modded sculpt is best. The Jnix and Hot Toys sculpts don't resemble him at all outside of the hat.

It's a great sculpt but not the best likeness. I think the MJ Choi has the best likeness and this has nothing to do with the cost of the buffy sculpt.

Untitled-1.jpg
Compared to this still from the film the sculpt appears to be the most accurate Ford/Indy to date. Not sure how anyone could say otherwise based off of that reference image.

Last edited:
View attachment 494456
Compared to this still from the film the sculpt appears to be the most accurate Ford/Indy to date. Not sure how anyone could say otherwise based off of that reference image.
I agree plus the paint is top notch but images never do it justice. It has to be seen in hand so you actually see how good it looks. I get the frustration on losing out as I have many times before, but I've always had the mindset to just be happy for those who got it and just move on. It is no secret and can't be denied that this is the best Indy sculpt coming out. Yes one day there will be someone else who will make another sculpt same quality but even better, and that one might cost $1,200! but for now we can all agree that Indy is getting a lot of love and we are lucky to be able to see it.

Agreed Luis.

One thing that's always a given is that you will almost always have a chance buy what you missed out down the line. You may have to wait years. You may have to pay more but you will have chance if you want it enough. But then there is stuff you will sell that you will make a lot of money off too so it evens out. This is how this game works.

The handful of guys that chimed in here that are pained for missing it, it might actually pain me as much as it does you trust me. It was out of my hands in a lot of ways. But I have a personal list on the side fo those guys to look out for.

On the likeness discussion this one beats them all by a long mile, TonTon's chart shows that. We are still finessing the paint to get his complexion right in terms of the body.

I own the Deckard and there are flaws there too especially in the chin area. But at the end of the day it's a moot and subjective point.

My personal fav aside from this is the MJ head but this takes it up several notches and that's not even because that one was oversized with a hart that was not accurate on many levels.

I love seeing the art of this hobby, even if this head was made available to me, I couldn’t buy it anyway, unfortunately. It is super cool to see this head made though. I can’t wait to see everyone’s in hand pics and different paint ups.
This head takes it as far as accuracy. No doubt, I really like the modified MJ Choi and the Smiling Inigo sculpt. I honestly feel like that one is one of the strongest likeness.

Definitely the best Fedora sculpt by a long way. The Fedora is just as imporant to the likeness as the face when it comes to a good Indy.

View attachment 494456

And going back to the balking at the price discussion just a reminder we live in a world where JY Park, the same sculptor where you can get his enterbay portraits of his present toys/enterbay Django portraits for like 50 bucks on eBay, finds it fit to charge 7 k for a 1/6 heath ledger joker sculpt.

I’m not saying it justifies anything and I certainly don’t think anything is worth that, like ever, And it gets me very angry if I’m being honest because I truly do think it’s insane even though I want to support the artists in a general way... but just saying as he wouldn’t charge that if some were not willing to pay.

Like many said on this thread I’ll be admiring from the sidelines and totally OK with that!

Back