Inclusive Edition on next SW 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The name is quite appropo.

But does this mean the 1 figure limit will be raised for Inclusive Orders for extremely popular figures like Darth Vader, the Fetts, Darth Maul or army builders figs like Stormies and Clonies?

I would think hardcore fans would want more than one of some or most of these characters on Inclusive Orders.

carbo-fation said:
This way no one can blame SS any more. :chew :monkey5

Yup that's one of the many great reasons and it will also I think allow many other collectors that "really" want one to get one.

Batty said:
Now that we've heard this bit of news, when do we get the Rewards program?

I've been wondering about this myself as well!! I have purchased so many things in the past couple of months, it's a shame that those purchases didn't go towards the rewards program. :monkey2

I can't see the 1 or 2 limit going up as that would just encourage flipping even more and lead to the equivalent 9.5K Sauron meltdown.

I'm sure the window will be more than a few hours too - AT LEAST 48 and maybe even a week. There could conceivably be more inclusive exclusives than of the regular edition.

It will probably take a few figures to shake out too - we're so programmed to order immediately that everyone will artificially inflate the numbers on the first figure out (especially if it's Maul), but after a few figures the edition sizes will stabilize.

Overall - I think it's a good thing - if they'd done this for Kit Fisto I wouldn't have missed the exclusive.

Mortar Conn said:
The name is quite appropo.

But does this mean the 1 figure limit will be raised for Inclusive Orders for extremely popular figures like Darth Vader, the Fetts, Darth Maul or army builders figs like Stormies and Clonies?

I would think hardcore fans would want more than one of some or most of these characters on Inclusive Orders.

I am a complete Boba Fett freak and I wouldn't feel the need to have more than one identical figure of him.

Darklord Dave said:
It will probably take a few figures to shake out too - we're so programmed to order immediately that everyone will artificially inflate the numbers on the first figure out (especially if it's Maul), but after a few figures the edition sizes will stabilize.
I just don't see that happening. The only way that could possibly happen is if someone were willing to risk losing out on a piece, and not order during the inclusive window, just to help "stabilize" the ES. Who here would be willing to do that for a piece they want?

RoboDad said:
Who here would be willing to do that for a piece they want?

Nobody here would do that. It's not the faithful board member collector types that this will put off, but rather the investor/scalpers. When the new system doesn't create such a panic and feeding frenzy atmosphere, fewer scalpers will bother with it. They won't consider it a risk not ordering something if they don't sense a huge immediate demand for it.

tomandshell said:
Nobody here would do that. It's not the faithful board member collector types that this will put off, but rather the investor/scalpers. When the new system doesn't create such a panic and feeding frenzy atmosphere, fewer scalpers will bother with it. They won't consider it a risk not ordering something if they don't sense a huge immediate demand for it.
I'm not sure I follow you here. I agree that scalpers won't be interested, but I don't see how they would be interested at first, and then be less interested later. Remember, I was responding to Dave's comment that the initial ES would be too high, but later pieces would stabilize. Why would scalpers be inclined to jump on the early pieces, but not the later ones?

RoboDad said:
I'm not sure I follow you here. I agree that scalpers won't be interested, but I don't see how they would be interested at first, and then be less interested later. Remember, I was responding to Dave's comment that the initial ES would be too high, but later pieces would stabilize. Why would scalpers be inclined to jump on the early pieces, but not the later ones?

I can't speak for Dave, but I figure that whenever there's a change and there is or was money involved, people are gonna try to exploit it. This may work for awhile but then things usually stabalize. In this case I can see this happening twofold:

1) There's confusion so scalpers could place BIN auctions on eBay and replenish them as they sell so long as it happens in the order window. Once the suckers on eBay wise up, this will stop.

2) The scalpers may feel that the larger order window gives them more oppurtinity to buy multiples expressly for the resale -- the window gives them more time to talk friends into lending them their cc and open up Sideshow accounts, etc. But once they realize they go through so much trouble and risk for little return, this too, should dry up. At least the amteurs. The ones who get lucky or smart enough to make a dime and a cent may stick around.

Plus, more and more people will be able to order their figure instead of turning to eBay and so in theory the demand will go down and as the scalpers get more and more disappointed, they'll move on.

Just my opinoins, not necassarily the opinoins of anyone else.

I think that casual scalpers will see a highly desired character and jump on it thinking it will be an easy flip since anyone who found out about it after the order window will miss out. It will be easier to get so the non-pro scalpers will go after it. But after they see that there is no high after market demand, the scalpers will start avoiding the inclusive exclusives.

Of course, I could be wrong. Still think it's a great idea.

madden821 said:
And we probably all laughed at you for thinking such a crazy idea. :D

Yup! I was labled a trouble-maker, a nay-sayer, a non-believer. (I may have been reading between the lines.)

According to SS:

"The time-specific window will commonly be days instead of hours."

:D Oh yeah!!! I love this idea. I don't have to wake up early just to Pre-order. IMO, Sideshow should do this to all Star Wars and LOTR 12" figures. Please SS. Please :monkey3 This way, we can all get one. And if you decide to sell it later on, then sell it but don't expect to get all your money back :maul

student_toe5 said:
According to SS:

"The time-specific window will commonly be days instead of hours."

:D Oh yeah!!! I love this idea. I don't have to wake up early just to Pre-order. IMO, Sideshow should do this to all Star Wars and LOTR 12" figures. Please SS. Please :monkey3 This way, we can all get one. And if you decide to sell it later on, then sell it but don't expect to get all your money back :maul

And I don't have to stay up till 1 am on PPO days! Btw, I sense a Sith coming........It's..........Palpatine! Everything is proceeding according to my will!

DarthRamuk said:
And I don't have to stay up till 1 am on PPO days! Btw, I sense a Sith coming........It's..........Palpatine! Everything is proceeding according to my will!

:lol Keep dreaming man. We all know it is Jar Jar as the evil Jedi :lol No. seriously I think it will be Maul.

ok, so that means there could be 8000 of the new figure??? thats cool, but what about the exclusive?? or is there no exclusive??

~~i worked last night so i havent read any of this thread please forgive me :monkey1

Back