InArt Thorin Oakenshield 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why.. why not Gimli or Legolas, doesn't make any sense to me..
Either Legolas hasn't been approved or they don't want to reveal prematurely like they did with Aragorn. Or Licensor chose Thorin first. Lots of factors could be at play.

Thats true, just personally I have no interest in him.... FOTR characters on the other hand 😏
So do I. Well if they make Tauriel, I will definitely all in for her!

Unfortunately not neccessarily, they will do a few at most from Hobbit. No way they do 12 dwarves lol. :D
Might be true, but at least we are getting more characters! Better than just FoTR only! 😁

My thoughts were that they may want to make Gimli since Legolas is supposedly still coming, but don’t want to make the body for just one figure. So to Hoody’s point, maybe Thorin is their test run figure before making Gimli.

It’s a weird choice though, I can’t imagine a Thorin figure does any kind of big sales numbers. Would be down around Pennywise sales, which were low, is my guess.

My thoughts were that they may want to make Gimli since Legolas is supposedly still coming, but don’t want to make the body for just one figure. So to Hoody’s point, maybe Thorin is their test run figure before making Gimli.

It’s a weird choice though, I can’t imagine a Thorin figure does any kind of big sales numbers. Would be down around Pennywise sales, which were low, is my guess.
Exactly my thoughts, cant see Thorin producing 3-4-5k sales, much closer to Pennywise (was between 1-2k) in numbers I think.
I am not even sure if Asmus sold all the 1500 they made. If they did then the demand is around that number.

Last edited:
I always wanted NECA to make the 13 Dwarves in their Unexpected Journey outfits. If it is in fact Thorin I am on board but don't think I can financially commit to all 13 even though they all have such great fantastic designs. Great job Peter Jackson! Hopefully they will make a Hobbit Gandalf for those (me) who did not pre-order.

Since the release of the Hobbit trilogy I have found myself when needing a hit of Middle Earth watching a Hobbit movie instead. Maybe because they're a little light hearted compared to the deep rich story of LOTR which I may not be in the mood for. Bottom line I love both trilogies!!

While I'm not a fan of the writing and direction of the Hobbit trilogy, I did like the design of many of the characters (with a few notable exceptions). I thought Thorin looked pretty badass. Asmus did a terrific job on him, but I'd be happy to pick up InArt's version, too. #Both!

Almost any early concept art looked way better and much more dwarvish looking than the one they went with to be honest. Dwalin and Dain looked cool for example.
tumblr_fc29bfc1dc2a462a955139a7ce214649_cce5e251_1280.jpg
45406b526fcee4a22c7bfaa5afd02d9e.jpg
The_Hobbit_An_Unexpected_Journey_Concept_Art_NK_Young_Thorin_Moria_Armour_01.jpg

I...think that is Thorin? Which means they would have acquired another Middle Earth license and that's pretty cool. There's hope for The Two Towers and Return of the King...and Theoden!

Interesting they went for The Hobbit though. Middle Earth, I believe, wasn't all that popular in China, particularly The Hobbit (which wasn't popular anywhere lol). I'm certainly down for Thorin but since they already did Gandalf, I can't imagine them doing much from that line outside of a Freeman Bilbo. Which would be cool since they likely won't do a Holm one.
Was popular enough to be credited - along with Harry Potter - as saving a moribund box office (the Hobbit movies pulled in almost 3 billion box office).

My favorite Middle Earth character and one of the few I'll shell out InArt prices for. While keeping all my ASMUS as well. But I'm not that excited, since it could be awhile, and companies change their minds.

I always wanted NECA to make the 13 Dwarves in their Unexpected Journey outfits. If it is in fact Thorin I am on board but don't think I can financially commit to all 13 even though they all have such great fantastic designs. Great job Peter Jackson! Hopefully they will make a Hobbit Gandalf for those (me) who did not pre-order.
I doubt they will make all 13, probably just main characters like Thorin and Gimli. Dain would be cool. I've already resigned myself to one day having to try to make a custom Dwalin, at least.

Interesting (and surprising) choice. Not one I’ll be picking up as I think the Asmus Thorin is a fantastic figure (one of their best IMO) so don’t feel any need to spend big money to replace it…but it’s always good to see more Middle Earth collectibles announced. :)

Was popular enough to be credited - along with Harry Potter - as saving a moribund box office (the Hobbit movies pulled in almost 3 billion box office).

My favorite Middle Earth character and one of the few I'll shell out InArt prices for. While keeping all my ASMUS as well. But I'm not that excited, since it could be awhile, and companies change their minds.
Yeah but they cost 700-750 million compared to the 300 million for Lotr which brought 3 billion in too.
Lotr was about as much better as the Hobbit is better than the Rings of power series. There are sadly huge quality differences between these.

Back