InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember InArt stating they chose to not include it because you couldn't see it in the movies, I did see an interview where John was asked about it and he said they could only get approval for things that appeared on-screen, which is a bit different to me. Maybe I missed another interview where it was discussed. I wouldn't be surprised if it was their choice anyway but I just don't remember them being that direct about why it wasn't there.
It's posted somewhere in the Gandalf thread. If I'm remembering correctly, it might've been a reply to someone's social media comment or DM and not an interview with John.

It's posted somewhere in the Gandalf thread. If I'm remembering correctly, it might've been a reply to someone's social media comment or DM and not an interview with John.
Ok thanks, I just missed it then, I'll find the comment myself if I get curious enough lol

Also, just want to apologize for derailing the thread. My post was not to ignite that all over again, but merely to say that while yes, InArt show some care on the surface and on social media, I do believe a lot of that is marketing and it's worked for them. Ppl have a lot of faith in them already after just 3 releases and I'm just not there yet considering the QC issues I've had with Joker and Gandalf. The good on those figures outweighs the bad for sure, but I'm not 100% team InArt only. It's good to have them though as they've made everyone raise the bar.

3rd Party figures are now including moveable eyes along with pretty much all HT releases. HT is dipping into better rooted hair and Sideshow is also trying their hand at it now.

I don't have negative feelings towards InArt, I just don't have all my eggs in their basket either.

Ignorance is bliss in this hobby, that's for damn sure. You're always gonna have some people caring about certain details more than others. Some seem to be fine with the way Hot Toys did Tobey's Spider-Man, enough to spend $300+ on it, while others, like myself, are loving the custom works being done to it. Same for the collar on their Batman figure. It'll always be an endless chase for perfection in this hobby for some more than others.

Which is funny because sometimes those who constantly ask for minor detail changes are also the ones complaining about the delay, when they go hand in hand in this hobby.
When it comes to chasing perfection, Heath Ledgers Joker is a deep rabbit hole

Also, just want to apologize for derailing the thread. My post was not to ignite that all over again, but merely to say that while yes, InArt show some care on the surface and on social media, I do believe a lot of that is marketing and it's worked for them. Ppl have a lot of faith in them already after just 3 releases and I'm just not there yet considering the QC issues I've had with Joker and Gandalf. The good on those figures outweighs the bad for sure, but I'm not 100% team InArt only. It's good to have them though as they've made everyone raise the bar.

3rd Party figures are now including moveable eyes along with pretty much all HT releases. HT is dipping into better rooted hair and Sideshow is also trying their hand at it now.

I don't have negative feelings towards InArt, I just don't have all my eggs in their basket either.
I don't believe its called marketing, its just good communication. And the fact they actually listen to suggestions and also concerns that are raised is so refreshing.
As for Gandalf having qc issues, mine was absolutely perfect and the best figure I have owned in the 15 years in the hobby.

Seeing how the Batman turned out makes me so excited for Aragorn. Easily my most anticipated of any announced Inart figures thus far, which is ironic because I initially held off from ordering.

Now, let's just hope they didn't do anything stupid, like **** with that perfect face sculpt. If they want to surprise us, let it be with the coat.

InArt seems to be getting better with each release. I am very curious if the production Aragorn can truly match that amazing proto portrait. I really hope so...
I wonder if they'll implement the magnetic eye feature with Aragorn. Not counting on it, but would be nice.

Heck if they decided to remold the sculpted hair, maybe it's a sign they don't have to split the hair for the sticks anymore.

Super long shot: anyone knows of any reputable seller still accepting pre-orders for this (rooted hair version)?

Last edited:
To me, Gandalf was clearly their most passionate endeavour so far. They went above and beyond with that figure. They haven't shown the same dedication with Joker, Pennywise, Batman, or anything else thus far.. but they might with Aragorn.

I'm confident this will be their best work yet.

I have a NRD with kit for a sculpted version that I will be looking to shift. I ended up upgrading to a rooted one a month later. Happy to pass on if you wanted it. You can mail me direct if interested.
Thanks!!
Forgot to include that in my question, I am looking for the rooted one =)
Appreciate the reply!

I’d be looking to get the sculpted if you’re willing to sell?
Very happy to pass this one to you. It was $35 and I would be happy to pass it on for the same cost.
Tbh I am quite new to the forums, so not entirely sure on the best way to transfer my preorder to you. Can others advise?

Very happy to pass this one to you. It was $35 and I would be happy to pass it on for the same cost.
Tbh I am quite new to the forums, so not entirely sure on the best way to transfer my preorder to you. Can others advise?
PayPal would usually be the best way to go. Buyers protection is then in place etc

Back