InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Selling on eBay can be a real pain. It has the furthest reach to potential buyers but they cut sellers no slack if any issues arise.

Sold a HT last week, Royal Mail marks it as delivered a couple days later, then the buyer says they received nothing- so they panic, open a claim against me, my funds are on hold, so if it doesn’t show up in the next couple of days I lose the money and the figure.
Even if it does arrive, the only incentive buyers have to be honest is their own conscience, since eBay will just auto refund them.
That sucks!

I've thankfully never had that issue. Only time someone tried to start a complaint with me was they said an ankle was broken on a like-new figure. So, I told them to send me pics of the break so that I could verify it with the item condition video I always make prior to shipping all my items, but they never replied and surprisingly left me positive feedback :lol It's a pain to make all those videos, especially when selling a large volume of stuff, but it's worth it to have as much evidence as possible since eBay definitely favors the buyers more than the sellers when it comes to claims. I even record me packing the item for shipping with clear shots of the shipping label.

Last edited:
Selling on eBay can be a real pain. It has the furthest reach to potential buyers but they cut sellers no slack if any issues arise.

Sold a HT last week, Royal Mail marks it as delivered a couple days later, then the buyer says they received nothing- so they panic, open a claim against me, my funds are on hold, so if it doesn’t show up in the next couple of days I lose the money and the figure.
Even if it does arrive, the only incentive buyers have to be honest is their own conscience, since eBay will just auto refund them.
shouldn't be your problem if tracking says delivered

shouldn't be your problem if tracking says delivered
This.
I had something similar happen to me a couple of years ago around Christmas. A buyer put in a claim for a $400item he bought from me that tracking proved was delivered. Even though he started chargeback procedures thru his cc company, eBay buyer protection sided with me.

He said he hopes but he doesnt know the timeframe as it can be pedning on approval.

Question:
"any change of 1/6 Legolas and Nazgul reveal this year?"
Exactly what he said:
"Hoping to, hoping to this year but I dont know the timeframe, depends on approval, that kind of stuff."

Question at 1:02:46

Basically there will be no new PO's for any LOTR character this year, apart from Thorin from Hobbit maybe.

The most what will happen will be "a" or more reveal/s so that/those will be 2025/2026 release at the earliest, depending on how fast they will become with production.
After a reveal we still wait 3-4 months or more for the PO to go up then 1-1.5 years for the release.

Lets say they decrease all the time they need for production/approvals etc. and show us Legolas in Q3 or Q4 this year.
Then they put him up for PO Q1 2025 and they successfully speed up their production and rooted hairing then maybe a Q4 2025 release can happen, but I am more inclined that they cant speed it up this much so its Q1-Q2 2026 release.

Last edited:
Man, I feel this in my bones. I really need to purge at least a big chunk of this collection, but the idea of it is SO overwhelming. I've had a bunch of different collections over the years and gone through cycles of collecting and purging. But as I got older, the collectibles have gotten more expensive, so getting rid of them became a much more complicated thing. I can't just go down to the local comic shop anymore with a few boxes of 1990s Star Wars figures and dump them in bulk for a few pennies. Mostly because there are no more local comic shops here anymore. But also because the stuff I collect is way more expensive than five or ten dollar figures. There's finding all the boxes, repackaging, shipping (costs and logistics), bad buyers, taking pictures, ebay fees, and on and on and on. So much work and so much anxiety. I wish there was a relatively inexpensive service that would just come to my house and take the stuff away and deal with all of that for me!
Yep. I purged a lot of my collection. I’m only focusing on high end stuff. No more marvel, or side pieces. Just LOTR and game of thrones. And I also want to get into more dioramas and landscapes.

I’m not going to buy any more statues either. Hard to justify spending 5-1000+ on something you can’t pose . Just blowing compressed air on it is not very fun

These slow releases for the line makes me even excited for nazgul. I will be ordering it for sure.

addict? ...over 500 1/6 figures (every single one from asmus, ashley wood, tons of Hot toys etc).
Plus 1/4's, VCD's, trains, Kaiju, puppets, vintage steiff toys, (that closet is packed to the ceiling) etc...
This is only 1/2 of 2 big rooms I have like this- I NEED HELP!
View attachment 687229

Damn. Well, my basement looked like this not long ago. My wife was being such a pain about it, too.

Force yourself to take a weekend (or two or three) and just gather up all of the playline stuff that isn't worth the time of selling on ebay- and just GIVE it away. To your favorite charity or if you have a local group or a friend who sells copiously on ebay. Or both. Make some hard choices. When in doubt, throw it out. I don't mean your Asmus stuff, I mean the toys. Don't listen to that guy in your brain telling you that it has value, either. Even the $20/$50 stuff. If you end up making minimum wage selling this crap on ebay, it is not worth your time. DUMP IT!

That's what I did- it was painful but so much more space and much easier/more rewarding to just have too much of the "good stuff" which is easier to sell on ebay or forums and such. One or two at a time. When you have time.

...She kind of had a point, though.

Oh, without a doubt. But still annoying... like being told to clean your room when you are a kid. Generally a perfectly valid instruction, but who wants to actually do it?

For a while, I bought some piece by dividing the basement between her half and my half. And I had (have) all my stuff up on big industrial shelves- so it looks more like a warehouse than a free for all. The added bonus of organized shelves is that you can fit more stuff and access everything much better. But then I ran out of shelves.... and there were a couple of piles... piles on the floor always look like hell.

So I dumped everything that was worth less than $100. The shelves look great now, and much better organized. Plus my friend was able to take her family on vacation with the profit she made on selling all that crap (which she totally deserved).

Unfortunately, space is starting to run low again, so I'm going to have to make some more hard decisions soon. The current problem is the huge packaging for some of the larger pricey stuff. I know that if I toss it, I'll NEVER be able to easily store it much less sell it, ever again. Plus when you pay a lot for something, it feels odd to toss out the pricey packaging... but keeping empty boxes feels like the worst kind of hoarding...

I don't know why (without seeing what is actually here) people would think that non 1/6 figure "toys" are so worthless?
Im an old fart that's been collecting for more than 40 years!
Much of whats not seen in the pic is quite valuable (like battery opp robots from the 50's- mint in box), and worth many times more! (actually the 1/6 figures are some of the least valuable).

Most of my "toys" are European, from the 1800's, very rare, in pristine working condition (not seen in the photo), and ebay wouldn't be where I would turn to sell them.
If I wanted to unload... rather high end auction houses such as Sothebys (who have come out and appraised the collection), would be the route I'd have to take (yes they do have high end toy auctions).

About the only low end stuff I have are the VCD's, pull string talking monster dolls, and modeling kits... but i actually play with those.
Luckily I'm blessed, don't need the space, my house is 5000 sq feet, and I don't share it with anyone but my dogs (and the collections).

Inarts Aragorn will probably be the last figure I buy...hopefully cream of the 1/6 crop.

Back