InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
addict? ...over 500 1/6 figures (every single one from asmus, ashley wood, tons of Hot toys etc).
Plus 1/4's, VCD's, trains, Kaiju, puppets, vintage steiff toys, (that closet is packed to the ceiling) etc...
This is only 1/2 of 2 big rooms I have like this- I NEED HELP!
sickness.jpg

My situation isn't to crazy but definitely more boxes then I'd like. Need to clear them all out and just get rid of a lot of things. If I stick with just a few figures that I got and those I'm getting like Aragorn and The Batman then even better to stick to InArt I'd have to pick and choose. Didn't get Harry Potter though I'm tempted if it goes up for Preorder but I do think to also get Joker 2019 two pack.

Right (spare bedroom)?! I did stop with everything else a few years ago but not the 1/6, and I might have underestimated the amount of those figures.
Just found this inventory pic I was putting together from about eight years ago...
I Think after Inarts Aragorn and Legolis come out (icing on the cake), I'll finally stop buying and seek out some help:unsure:
fig chart file jpeg.jpg

You're being silly now. You even bought that old RocketMan figure? And only one Ghostbuster?

If you stopped collecting monkeys, half your problem would be solved.

Is that not a Ghostbuster -- 2nd line up from bottom, 3rd one in from the right side? Doesn't look like one I've seen but looks like a Ghostbuster outfit and pack. Thought maybe the picture he used was colorized oddly.

Is that not a Ghostbuster -- 2nd line up from bottom, 3rd one in from the right side? Doesn't look like one I've seen but looks like a Ghostbuster outfit and pack. Thought maybe the picture he used was colorized oddly.
No idea what he's from but he's holding a rifle and that's just a standard backpack. Looks like some kind of figure hunting in the snow.

No Ghostbusters... Thats a Winson Ma Apexplores "Otto" -Special Version.
(I think he's an Eskimo)
Hot Toys produced most of the figures in this line, but he might have used a different
company for this figure?

My wife was actually trying to discourage me from selling them when I first told her my plans, but it actually felt pretty good to have a clear out.
My friends and family were also pretty shocked and questioned a lot my reasons for selling the better part of my collection as well at first. But, as you’ve said, it feels pretty good to clear it out and be left with the few that really matter to you.

I still struggle from time to time with new releases but for the most part I’m pretty good at not falling into the trap
I wish there was a relatively inexpensive service that would just come to my house and take the stuff away and deal with all of that for me!
there’s a local shop here that I used to be able to just dump all my figures at. They’d give you 70% of current value which felt like a good trade off for not having to deal with buyers or eBay fees etc and you get rid of it all in one lump sum. They don’t do that anymore unfortunately. It’s taken me the better part of last year to sell off over 100 figures and statues and I’m still not done. But, I’ve narrowed down my collection considerably which feels nice. Just a few more sideshow, 3rd party and small amount of HT stragglers to sell.

Never heard of Mercari before, do you make a good return from that site?
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t just like anywhere else. I tend to be able to sell before I get to the lowest price I’m willing to take but not always. I’m not really in it to turn a profit or fast money though so your mileage may vary.

What I do like about it is that once the person has accepted the item and leaves a rating, they can’t mysteriously make a claim against you to scam you like eBay ppl sometimes try to. And they have 3 days to rate you after which you’ll get an automatic positive rating if they don’t. I’ve thankfully had no issues with any buyers yet for the nearly year of using it so far. But, if I can’t sell something there, I’ll usually throw it on eBay and just get whatever I get.

Selling on eBay can be a real pain. It has the furthest reach to potential buyers but they cut sellers no slack if any issues arise.

Sold a HT last week, Royal Mail marks it as delivered a couple days later, then the buyer says they received nothing- so they panic, open a claim against me, my funds are on hold, so if it doesn’t show up in the next couple of days I lose the money and the figure.
Even if it does arrive, the only incentive buyers have to be honest is their own conscience, since eBay will just auto refund them.

Selling on eBay can be a real pain. It has the furthest reach to potential buyers but they cut sellers no slack if any issues arise.

Sold a HT last week, Royal Mail marks it as delivered a couple days later, then the buyer says they received nothing- so they panic, open a claim against me, my funds are on hold, so if it doesn’t show up in the next couple of days I lose the money and the figure.
Even if it does arrive, the only incentive buyers have to be honest is their own conscience, since eBay will just auto refund them.
Thats where I dont understand them. Your mailing services marked it as delivered. That should be end of story on your end. You cant help if someone stole the package. At this point it should be between the buyer and the postal service. Hope it works out for you.

I have never sold any figures on Ebay, but they definitely need to overhaul the policies to make it safer to sell collectibles. Too many horror stories with how easy it is to rip people off.

I've bought and sold autograph sports cards on Ebay for almost 20 years, and they've made some adjustments recently that help both buyer and seller with authentication over a certain amount. I just tend to sell less and less as time passes because of how shady people are getting.

Back