InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just keeping our eyes on the prize!

IMG3879.jpeg
My wife, who has never seen the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, was walking by when I had this picture of Aragorn up on my computer screen. She asked, "Is that Jesus Christ?" I reacted, "Jesus, woman, when are you going to watch The Lord of the Rings Trilogy."

Interesting move to stage painting the head, since clearly they wouldn't paint the head after adding hair. But I get it. Looks absolutely amazing, and I'm excited to get this. I think this is the only 1/6 scale figure I have on pre-order at this point.

Interesting move to stage painting the head, since clearly they wouldn't paint the head after adding hair. But I get it. Looks absolutely amazing, and I'm excited to get this. I think this is the only 1/6 scale figure I have on pre-order at this point.
I admire your discipline

I would appreciate new characters like Legolas, Boromir and Eomer being announced.
I contacted Inart and asked them to ease up on the DC. Why do we need and have to wait until four or five THE JOKER have to go into preorder/production before we see anything from other IP's. Inart is too DC heavy right off the gate it you ask me. This coming from a guy who is still patiently waiting for BATMAN RETURNS PENGUIN!

If they are really creating these figures with full attention to each and every piece (i.e not employing anything even resembling an assembly line) with all the care that I can see first hand staring at InArt Gandalf sitting on my desk, I wouldn’t necessarily put it past them to do some touch up work on a particular sculpt here and there after the rooting process if QC noted anything lacking.

That said, even money on this being done specifically for the release of the “Creative Journey” story above.

Bottom line seems to be, however, that for the time being at least, what sets InArt apart from all companies so engaged is this next level creative process that feels like each piece is given the care of a one of a kind custom. Let’s hope they are able to keep up that philosophy as they inevitably grow, become more successful, and demand for higher production numbers goes through the roof!

I'm very impressed with their Dumbledore, not going to get it, but it's a stellar likeness. Legolas at least should have been announced by now.

Every company follows the money...so if they see thats where the money is, they will go that route first. Everything else will be second.
There is money in LOTR too, just like in HP, ofc certain (not all) DC characters are over the top in demand even if there are already 2-3 or more versions of it on the market.
I am convinced Inart just realised after Gandalf and Aragorn that they can sell much more than they initially thought because of the western market. Most likely more than half of the Preorders are gonna end up outside of China.
They will announce Legolas and Gimli this year imo.

Last edited:
They are still looking for the balance between production capacity and keeping the quality. For the moment they are quite stretched I think. They will carefully consider which chars to release as the time spent on the research phase before a fig hits production is not to be disregarded at the level they want to bring.
In that regard, I do not think LOTR is top on their list. Dont get me wrong, I am all for Gimli and Legolas is day 1 PO 1000%

Back