InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t mind going off topic a bit. If we didn’t we would go days or weeks with no thread movement. We have seen many pictures now we wait until it actually releases. During that time I don’t think it hurts to politely talk about other topics as long as it somewhat pertains to the original topic.

This thread about Inart: Aragorn or people sharing their opinions of random stuff? Every thread somehow turns into people sharing their opinion on movies, shows etc. Go make an actual thread.
All threads lead back to the figure when the figure is released. Meanwhile it's like waiting at the Motor Vehicle Administration or whatever it's called in other countries. IMO there's nothing wrong with that, good info can be picked up in random comments.

Like, yah know, just how much a custom sculpt or custom costume can cost, which can make all of us feel better about our InArt purchase. 😁

The price on this Dean Tolliver work isn't bad....
Aragorn_Tolliver_unpainted.jpg

Except for the small matter of a top level paint job so this doesn't look like Ranger zombie.:horror

All threads lead back to the figure when the figure is released. Meanwhile it's like waiting at the Motor Vehicle Administration or whatever it's called in other countries. IMO there's nothing wrong with that, good info can be picked up in random comments.

Like, yah know, just how much a custom sculpt or custom costume can cost, which can make all of us feel better about our InArt purchase. 😁

The price on this Dean Tolliver work isn't bad....
View attachment 670591
Except for the small matter of a top level paint job so this doesn't look like Ranger zombie.:horror
I really considered getting that sculpt but I could not find a painted version of it that I thought looked good. Buying it and having it painted would have gotten me close if not over the InArt molded hair Aragorn. Decided to go that route instead and seems like a good decision.

I really considered getting that sculpt but I could not find a painted version of it that I thought looked good. Buying it and having it painted would have gotten me close if not over the InArt molded hair Aragorn. Decided to go that route instead and seems like a good decision.
I envy those that can paint. I'm willing to try, but even my planned repaint of a bow for the female elf 'bash I'm tinkering with scares me.

The other thing, it says flat out in the description for this sculpt that the hair is rigid. After dealing with my Roadworn Thor hair catching in the cloak all the time - there's not much you can do - I just feel like I need a bit more head movement with Aragorn. Dunno what kind of vinyl/plastic InArt is using, tho I am in for the rooted anyway. Maybe folks who got a sculpted hair Joker can comment.

I don’t mind going off topic a bit. If we didn’t we would go days or weeks with no thread movement. We have seen many pictures now we wait until it actually releases. During that time I don’t think it hurts to politely talk about other topics as long as it somewhat pertains to the original topic.
Well, there's:
Aragorn (Lord of the Rings) Movie Maniacs - McFarlane Toys

OK, so it's not InArt and it's a pose I'd associate more with Legolas, but it's still LOTR!

This thread about Inart: Aragorn or people sharing their opinions of random stuff? Every thread somehow turns into people sharing their opinion on movies, shows etc. Go make an actual thread.
You have the makings of a diligent forum moderator; I pray your potential is never fully realised.

InArt Joker thread would probably only be 50 pages long if all topic deviations were smote before they could take off, and that would be a travesty.

So has InArt provided an updated ETA for this guy? I just noticed that back when I ordered him from Giantoy he was forecast for November. As November is 4 days from now I'm guessing that's no longer going to happen lol.

Last edited:
Aragorn wont happen until Gandalf and Batman fully shipped. Second batch of Gandalf hasnt happened yet and there might be a third batch then Batman and then Aragorn.

So I'd say it will release about in March/April/May, most likely some will get it only by next summer.

But its really simple, Inart states an expected release date (Q4 2023) then you add about at least 3 but rather closer to 6 months to it (the more you add the less suprised and less anxious you will be) and thats when its gonna happen approximately.

Someone should save this quote and revisit next year when they tease Legolas and Gimli
:lol I hear ya, but while there are still some announced figures that have my attention (and pre-orders), there are other reasons that are making it difficult to stay in the hobby...

- Rising prices.
- Lack of display space.
- Other hobbies taking precedence.
- Funds going towards more important things (investments, for example).

In all honesty, all it would take would be a slight nudge and I would be selling off quite a number of 1/6 figures.

:lol I hear ya, but while there are still some announced figures that have my attention (and pre-orders), there are other reasons that are making it difficult to stay in the hobby...

- Rising prices.
- Lack of display space.
- Other hobbies taking precedence.
- Funds going towards more important things (investments, for example).

In all honesty, all it would take would be a slight nudge and I would be selling off quite a number of 1/6 figures.
What do you have for sale? PM me, haha

Back