InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy choice, if one looks much more life like than the other then go for it.
I honestly dont even understand how there can be a question which one should be ordered between the two versions.
Whichever you order you still collect "dolls", you already collect stuff other people would consider total Idiocy but then at least you get the better looking doll. ;)

I definitely agree with folks saying the sculpted looked terrible at this show, but it is purely down to poor lighting

Compare to pics with similar angles from the last con (older on top, current pics underneath):

View attachment 667441
View attachment 667444
-
View attachment 667442
View attachment 667445

Yes, lighting does make that much of a difference - its clearly the same sculpt as the rooted there - which is why it should be compulsory for any company to showcase their figures well. The last pic almost gives the illusion his jaw is wider because of the lack of contrast in the pic.

Also note they didnt put as much effort into getting that 'slack' look with his chest exposed a bit and the Evenstar showing a bit askew - but in the current rooted pics they did. Every little detail like that adds life to the figure, they just didnt try with the sculpted this go around.

Plus there's no way that inart could get away with a downgrade solely in the sculpted version, that's not what they're soliciting in their promo pics. There would be hell to pay for such a bait and switch; not that I believe that's their intention. I'm sure everyone will be happy with whichever version they ordered.

But it honestly wouldn't be as fun here without some level of doomsaying after every poorly lit con shot :lol
yea,there is ALWAYS doomsaying on the eve of releases.
Even the first pics out of the gate will be no different.
It's just poor lighting.
IF I were to get another,I'd get the sculpted version,just so I could pose him in the Ranger cloak ala Prancing Pony scene.
Rooted head needs to be on show for all the world to see.
While the sculpt looked better under the light of the previous show, my point still stands. I'm not impressed. And I wouldn't call the lighting at the current show bad by any stretch. It's just not ideal for the figure. But that's not bad lighting.

I was saying the same thing about the new Superman. It looked much better at the show than it did in the promo pictures, but that's only because there were 4 lights shined precisely and directly at the figure at close proximity, bringing out the sheen that was lacking in the suit, which isn't a realistic way to showcase the figure.

A great sculpt should still look good under regular viewing conditions, and in various lighting, and this one does not in my opinion. Not unless it's very precisely lit.

By comparison I've seen the rooted sculpt in some bad pictures and less than ideal conditions, but the sculpt itself still comes across strong.

InArt already gave us the official botched-name for this figure with their initial teaser-
Behold
View attachment 667519
Unironically it's the sculpted version in that picture that was branded with the botched name.

Sculpted = Aragon
Rooted = Aragorn

Perhaps this was not a mistake?

Give me your 5 best reasons to get this figure everyone

I was close to getting the sculpted but after seeing the pictures I want the rooted now. But I keep talking myself out of it and thinking if I should spend the money on something else
I was in the same boat as you. I don't know what was going through my mind waiting so long, because skipping this would have been the worst decision I ever made in this hobby (And believe me, I've made some pretty bad ones).

I think I just needed to revisit the trilogy.

I believe that people who skip this release are going to sorely regret that decision. And I was almost one of those people. As others have said, this is probably the best 1/6 figure ever produced by a company, and I only say probably because we haven't seen what the final figure looks like on a shelf. But if it comes out looking as good as it does in that show, and I really hope that Inart can deliver (at the cost of people holding them accountable to that standard which they probably will hardly if ever meet again with another figure (and that's part of the reason why I ordered, because I was disappointed with their Superman) then you'll be hearing people bring this up in conversation over a following decade, because it's the gold standard of what this hobby has to offer. It's the peak of this craft, at any scale, at least on a mass production level. I seriously hope that Inart can deliver.

In fact I kind of want a 2nd for insurance, in case something happened to mine. (Say a burglar breaks into my home and steals it. And let me tell you if somebody did break into my place and he saw this figure, you best believe he's taking it home). But I was thinking something along the lines of it falling off the ******* base with those ****** magnets.

Screenshot_2023-10-06-13-52-01-23_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

@Hando I hope you got your order in if you wanted him

View attachment 667625

I'm a little worried having ordered so late. I'm confident Kit will secure enough stock for everyone but you never know.
Whoops now the choice is easy 😆

I cant blame anyone but me but I'm not a very big lord of the rings fan so its ok. I was only thinking of getting him because hes really great like you said so congratulations to everyone who did get him I hope you love him

@Hando I hope you got your order in if you wanted him

View attachment 667625

I'm a little worried having ordered so late. I'm confident Kit will secure enough stock for everyone but you never know.
Glad I got my order in yesterday. Feels almost like Kit waited for me to order it. lmao

I was in the same boat as you. I don't know what was going through my mind waiting so long, because skipping this would have been the worst decision I ever made in this hobby (And believe me, I've made some pretty bad ones).

I think I just needed to revisit the trilogy.

I believe that people who skip this release are going to sorely regret that decision. And I was almost one of those people. As others have said, this is probably the best 1/6 figure ever produced by a company, and I only say probably because we haven't seen what the final figure looks like on a shelf. But if it comes out looking as good as it does in that show, and I really hope that Inart can deliver (at the cost of people holding them accountable to that standard which they probably will hardly if ever meet again with another figure (and that's part of the reason why I ordered, because I was disappointed with their Superman) then you'll be hearing people bring this up in conversation over a following decade, because it's the gold standard of what this hobby has to offer. It's the peak of this craft, at any scale, at least on a mass production level. I seriously hope that Inart can deliver.
Nice post. I'm probably the most - indifferent isn't the right word - suspicious. Cynical purchaser.

Not my favorite ME character, and am cynical about most companies. Not gonna really rain on the parade, if I ever do, until I have this in hand.

So reason # something-something why to purchase - I wanted a Ranger Aragorn, and any other version is being put up at stupid prices for new or used. Went rooted coz I thought it looked better in pics, and I like rooted hair for longer haired characters. The sculpt looked pretty good. I hope they fix the coat length and the fig can hold poses, and the magnets aren't a pain in the @ss demagnetizing etc. There was some assumption on my part at these prices, the company would deliver.

It was as good excuse as any to try out a new company. Financially speaking tho, for me this is an indulgence - I used to tell myself when figs regularly were over 300$ - and that's happening - I'd be backing off. Which I already have. Less figs, and 90% of the time using a coupon or points. Or I'm using payment plans. Waiting on sales. So I hope I'm reasonably happy $$$$. The whole name thing IS funny but it makes me uneasy too, like someone isn't paying attention.

I won't be buying another Gimli. Maybe Legolas. But I'll give this a try.

Back