InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres something very weird about the inart rooted hair. It looks natural but sometimes I see pictures where it has a stringy flimsy plasticy look to it

Is it just me or is his coat the wrong material, too thick and too large? It looks more like wool or suede than the smooth (albeit weathered) leather from the movies and it's hanging off his shoulders.

Anybody catch Justin's tour of InArt's office before he had to take it down and edit out the WIP stuff? Pretty sure I saw the outfit for Legolas being worked on. Exciting but if the outfit is still in progress, we might be waiting a bit for it.
IMG_0005.jpeg

Sculpted doesnt look too good here

But the rooted hair looks stringy and plasticy. Does anybody know why it doesnt look as fine and natural and silky smooth like it does here?View attachment 666444

View attachment 666445
Is it the product that makes it look like that?
It could have been freshly styled with water and not fully dry? But yes, I'd imagine they will be using a lot of gel to give the hair that permanently wet look he has in the movies.

I think they used much styling gel and stuff on the rooted. Still looks amazing.

Was never a fan of sculpted long hair. I think the eye postioning and shadow from the lighting makes a difference here too

Guys, it's crappy phone cameras and bad lighting lol. Both of these are going to be just fine. Stop looking for reasons to get worked up. They're going to look excellent upon release. Absolutely no reason to pick things apart when they have absolutely no reason to downgrade their product.

This is the first prototype in which the appearance was not very good

Attachments

• 474977-1696250175619.png
    474977-1696250175619.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
My brain has been SO incredibly spoiled by the proto and pre-order pics. Probably the best 1/6 figure photos I've ever seen. It's really warped my perception. Anything that falls even a little short of that will - irrationally - seem like a step down. Even though it's still better than any figure I've ever seen.

I need to get my head right!

My brain has been SO incredibly spoiled by the proto and pre-order pics. Probably the best 1/6 figure photos I've ever seen. It's really warped my perception. Anything that falls even a little short of that will - irrationally - seem like a step down. Even though it's still better than any figure I've ever seen.

I need to get my head right!
This is gonna be for a lot of folks and I already know some are going to be disappointed when production rolls around. Seeing this figure under normal out of box lighting and setup is gonna ruin so many peoples perception on it. :lol I'm ready for the chaos.

Back