InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the chances InArt makes the full Fellowship?
That’s my big hold up right now. Gandalf can represent the franchise by himself but when you start adding Aragorn and Legolas to the collection, then it starts to become and all or nothing after Gandalf for me. Gimli at least needs to happen to complete that grouping of the Fellowship.

The collection stands upon the edge of a knife. InArts strays just a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the list is true.

Glad that we finally have a high end Aragorn (that isn't a custom sculpt) after Asmus fumbled the ball for so long. Truly thought we would never see the day with only Asmus having the license for eternity.

zUBszB3.jpg

Glad that we finally have a high end Aragorn (that isn't a custom sculpt) after Asmus fumbled the ball for so long. Truly thought we would never see the day with only Asmus having the license for eternity.
This!! 👍 👍 👍

Finally the LOTR franchise got the proper treatment that they deserved!!
What a good start of 2023!

Oh boy. Looks like I’m gonna need an additional InArt head for my Helms Deep Aragorn… Or do I buy an extra whole InArt Aragorn and just pop the red shirt and chainmail on him.

I wish I could just order a haired head, but I have a feeling the clothes will be better than the asmus version as well. I mean, it's impossible to say no to this guy, but I am getting tired of buying a 2nd version of a figure I already own

The assymmetry in his eyes is an interesting choice. It doesn't look bad, but I can't say I really notice it in any stills from the movie.

Personally I hope it is well under $500 otherwise they run the risk of very minimal volume.

He’s a good character but no Batman or Luke Skywalker. Therefore many casual collectors may pass if the price is too high. Just my 2 cents.

But he does look great. So I’m definitely tempted if it’s not priced crazy high.

Personally I hope it is well under $500 otherwise they run the risk of very minimal volume.

He’s a good character but no Batman or Luke Skywalker. Therefore many casual collectors may pass if the price is too high. Just my 2 cents.

But he does look great. So I’m definitely tempted if it’s not priced crazy high.
Keep in mind there is a very passion Tolkien fan base out there. I'd guess there are plenty willing to pay the premium cost for this figure. Especially when there are those paying that price for statues that don't come even close to this level of realism.

As Wor said, the target price will probably be around the $500 mark. And I do think they plan to keep the numbers low. It takes a lot of time to do these haired sculpts.

Yeah, I held off on Gandalf because I wanted to see how consistent the line might be, and the first Aragorn had me feeling good I passed on Gandalf. But now, seeing this newer version, I can tell you I'm fully in for Gandalf, and Aragorn, and most likely Legolas... and maybe that damn Nazgul as well.

I think their price is the $500 mark for rooted deluxe. I think that's the point.

If they priced it at HT level, it would be HT level.
Agree that the deluxe rooted will be $500 range. MAYBE it could be around $450 range but doubt it. A sculpted version will put you more around that $350 range.

InArt ain’t for no casuals; this is where the big boys play! :nana:

But, honestly, I think 450-500 is simply what it costs in order for them to provide the degree of quality they’re aiming for and that we the collectors have been clamouring for. InArt do have a more ‘casual collector’ offering with the sculpted hair sets.
If the standard basic HT these days is between 280-300, $350 for a regular InArt release should be acceptable. The individual bases, bodies, use of magnets and rolling eyes alone justifies the higher than HT cost and that could be easily explained to a newcomer.

I really want to know who InArt have got rooting their figures. Did they just train a bunch of factory workers and boost their pay?

I really want to know who InArt have got rooting their figures. Did they just train a bunch of factory workers and boost their pay?

Why not? Is adding hair to a doll really true art? If factory workers can assemble cars and fine leather goods, then they can hair a doll.

Do you think Yunsil charges what she does because she has assembled the world's finest artists to make real leather Vader jumpers? :D

Why not? Is adding hair to a doll really true art? If factory workers can assemble cars and fine leather goods, then they can hair a doll.

Do you think Yunsil charges what she does because she has assembled the world's finest artists to make real leather Vader jumpers? :D
Wait, is there/was there a run for some Yunsil real leather Vader jumpers?? Would’ve loved to have been on that run 😟

Back