InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we know when they are thinking about putting him up for preorder? I am hoping we actually have Gandalf in hand first so we can judge their final products in hand before throwing down more crazy amounts of money.

Did Dean change anything in the face on the sculpted hair version from the bald one aside from adding the sculpted hair? Looks a little different. Here are a 2 painted versions of the bald sculpt, both haired by Shane Poole/OneSixthSalon. For me, the sculpt is still missing something. The main issues I see is the chin/lower mouth look to be too pushed too far forward

What is it with all these cutoms making him look like he's been crying for a week non-stop?

What is it with all these cutoms making him look like he's been crying for a week non-stop?
Sadagorn… Aramourne…

Anyways- I’m guessing the proto duster material has failed its durability test and will be going back to the drawing board.
B77B0FEF-6D78-49E0-BFB2-11054529030A.jpeg

That’s another instance of irreparable damage that occurred to this proto in 2 events.

Sadagorn… Aramourne…

Anyways- I’m guessing the proto duster material has failed its durability test and will be going back to the drawing board.
View attachment 605599
That’s another instance of irreparable damage that occurred to this proto in 2 events.

I guess they are trying to use a material that has the worn look of old leather but maybe less prone to peeling like usual 1/6th leather outfits. Personally I feel like the premium price we are going to be paying for this should be going towards a real leather coat and jerkin.

Sadagorn… Aramourne…

View attachment 605599
I think that’s just how this material they’re using looks. I can’t find the name of it but it’s not a true pleather like we’re used to with a solid rubber sheet over the front, it’s more like a waxed fabric. I don’t mind it if it lets them keep it thinner, because 1 it likely wont degrade and 2 his outer jacket is very thin and drapes a lot, I haven’t seen a “leather” one that captures that.

I guess they are trying to use a material that has the worn look of old leather but maybe less prone to peeling like usual 1/6th leather outfits. Personally I feel like the premium price we are going to be paying for this should be going towards a real leather coat and jerkin.
It needs to be a pretty thin piece of material to replicate the movie costume but whatever textured approach they’re taking is a step in the wrong direction.
The duster should be pretty smooth. It barely looks like leather at all.
9FCFC55C-EDDF-421A-BC61-FA3DBD7843EC.jpeg
FAAE02AB-20BF-443F-92FE-2A0C4A9CF286.jpeg

130D1A80-02F5-477E-A7EB-322F5FBFB05D.jpeg

Did they paint it?
Yep, I'd say you're right there. I painted a jacket once for one of my customs and it flaked like that. Added some realism actually.

No material would crack and peel like that in such a short amount of time. Fo those thinking pleather etc I wouldn't be too worried about it for the final product. They'll have the right colour dyed or however.

I'm sure this statement is going to get some of y'all's panties in a twist...but I still think as far as mass produced likenesses go, the Asmus Helm's Deep Aragorn is still the one to beat. NONE of them have nailed it, but that one is probably the closest we've gotten. Under the right lighting it does present as Viggo. Obviously the finish isn't anywhere as clean as this IA one, but then again we've not seen what their production paint is like either.
I’ll second that. I hope Asmus get to a Crown version of him. But for now, I’m happy with this guy on the shelf🙂

Ignoring the hair, the likeness is great. Looks like a lil' Viggo.
I also thought this is a good starting point for a Viggo head.

Still crazy how hard (to do) some faces are and how easy others...

My main issues with the Inart are the large eyes and overall shape of the head.

Viggo has a wide jaw and chin. The Inart looks narrow, almost pointed.

Back