InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who inspires every frown?
Who keeps making you feel down?
Wor-Gar, Wor-Gar!
Who sunk Atlantis off the maps?
Who inspires Kanye's latest raps?
Wor-Gar, Wor-Gar!
Who keeps Star Wars under par?
Who made the Kardashians a star?
Wor-Gar! Wor-Gar!
Who keeps every election running tight?
Who caused the slap on Oscar night?
Wor-Gar, Wor-GAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR!

I got to have that on a t-shirt!

Jye needs to see this.

Who inspires every frown?
Who keeps making you feel down?
Wor-Gar, Wor-Gar!
Who sunk Atlantis off the maps?
Who inspires Kanye's latest raps?
Wor-Gar, Wor-Gar!
Who keeps Star Wars under par?
Who made the Kardashians a star?
Wor-Gar! Wor-Gar!
Who keeps every election running tight?
Who caused the slap on Oscar night?
Wor-Gar, Wor-GAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR!
👏👏👏

Someone needs to get FrogLeap Studios or Gwar or Rob Zombie to put this to metal. Wor-Gar deserves a mosh pit all his very own…

Here is his previous version painted and haired by me
When putting it side by side with Chris Caraveo‘s it is so difficult to decide which one I like better- depending on the angle of the pic from the movie each one has its strength and weakness- still not sure which one to keep- but I think both are better than what I saw so far from Inart - but you never know- they still have time

I think it’s all in the eyes. Zooming into Okieh’s or even InArt’s proto and covering the eyes with your finger makes them look practically like a movie still. I really think it might be down to the fact Viggo’s upper eyelids are shaped in such a way that create some unique lighting and depth that paint apps on scaled down plastic can’t really replicate.

Okieh, you've done a truly fantastic job on that sculpt (and figure, in general!) but I agree with Chopper Face that it isn't a perfect "Viggo's" Aragorn.

Okieh, you've done a truly fantastic job on that sculpt (and figure, in general!) but I agree with Chopper Face that it isn't a perfect "Viggo's" Aragorn.
Still on the search for the perfect Aragorn- I think it’s headsculp number 8 for me - but it’s getting closer - both sculpts (Chris And Dean) already work great from some angles- I really hope someone will produce a perfect sculpt
I have the same amount with Mad Max - young Mel seems impossible to catch - Beastmaster has one in the works - looks really great so far - but you only know when it’s fully painted and on the body

Great job indeed, congratulations.
In my opinion, the best Aragorn headsculpt produced so far has been Asmus V1 (closed mouth). It just need to cut and readjust the hair, so that it doesn't look like a conehead.

Great job indeed, congratulations.
In my opinion, the best Aragorn headsculpt produced so far has been Asmus V1 (closed mouth). It just need to cut and readjust the hair, so that it doesn't look like a conehead.
In my opinion Asmus V1 has the best overall head shape, nose and cheeks - but the eyes and mouth don’t work for me - also it’s a tad too small in my opinion

Still on the search for the perfect Aragorn- I think it’s headsculp number 8 for me - but it’s getting closer - both sculpts (Chris And Dean) already work great from some angles- I really hope someone will produce a perfect sculpt
I have the same amount with Mad Max - young Mel seems impossible to catch - Beastmaster has one in the works - looks really great so far - but you only know when it’s fully painted and on the body
Yours is probably the closest to the perfect Aragorn yet.

I too am waiting to see what Beastmaster's Mad Max Mel sculpt looks like. (not counting the rendering). I hope it is a great looking one.

They’ll have been focusing all their energy on getting Joker ready to ship to meet their projected release date.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Aragorn either went back to the drawing board entirely or was shelved for the time being to prioritise a character who’s likeness isn’t so evasive.

We’re all expecting nothing less than perfection from InArt and no one has ever managed to produce an accurate Aragorn sculpt that holds up as a 3 dimensional object in reality.
Maybe all the criticisms after their shows proved him to be too much of a risk this early in IA’s career. They’ve probably moved the Nazgul up their list to take his place.

Considering the price point and without any proof of their final production quality to rely upon, the general audience will be far more hesitant to pre order (as you must with InArt) a figure where even the proto isn’t up to scratch.

At this point, it’s in their best interest to give Joker, Pennywise and The Batman & Bruce Wayne exceptional, punctual releases to elevate customer confidence- maybe with one flawless proto reveal mixed in- and then start rolling out the POs on a monthly basis again.

I'd imagine they'll give updates when they are ready to, why rush?
To give us a small boost of dopamine, of course.

Jokes aside, whilst company timeframes almost never translate to reality, they’re “behind schedule” on showing us a couple figures already, so it’s a little surprising to me that they haven’t followed up with any teases whatsoever to drive hype for literally anything they’re working on

Back