InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched LOTR again on Max (HBO Max) and It still is one of the best films ever. I remember watching the movie in theaters as a kid when it came out thanks to my dad, at the time worked in the movie theater and getting us in for free. Lol but Aragorn was my favorite character in the whole trilogy and once this is out I'll be hyped.

Christmas before last I treated myself to the then recently released 4k blu ray set and was blown away by how good it looks on an OLED TV. It was the first time I’d watched the extended editions because even though I had owned them since 2011 on DVD or blu ray (probably the latter, no longer remember I gave the set away) but there’s a green tint to it which for me made it unwatchable. Streaming still compresses the data too much to get the peak experience. But streamed is still going to look really damn good. The 4K scan of the film stock and remaster was an incredibly good job.

Story-wise, the extended editions are in my opinion way, way better and more immersive than the theater release. As good as the theater release is!

For those that like to nerd out about such things Jeff at Films at Home provides a great breakdown of the remaster in 4K:

Last edited:
Christmas before last I treated myself to the then recently released 4k blu ray set and was blown away by how good it looks on an OLED TV. It was the first time I’d watched the extended editions because even though I had owned them since 2011 on DVD but there’s a green tint to it which for me made it unwatchable. Streaming still compresses the data too much to get the peak experience. But streamed is still going to look really damn good. The 4K scan of the film stock and remaster was an incredibly good job.

Story-wise, the extended editions are in my opinion way, way better and more immersive than the theater release. As good as the theater release is!

For those that like to nerd out about such things Jeff at Films at Home provides a great breakdown of the remaster in 4K:

I saw the extended version later on and I agree it's way better because it adds more context to scenes and the story.

It was the first time I’d watched the extended editions because even though I had owned them since 2011 on DVD but there’s a green tint to it which for me made it unwatchable.

It's funny because I've seen the DVD and original BR version so many times, when the 4K version came out with the new color grade, I thought it looked wrong, I hated it, I thought they "ruined" it. I was like "How could Peter Jackson do this?" But now that I've gotten used to it, I can see that the color is so much more natural now. Things like the golds in the armor are really striking.

FYI here’s a bit more explanation about the color grading problems with the extended edition blu rays that released in 2011:

I purchased the rooted hair, but regret it. I have some rooted hair figures and just not a fan. Now that I pay attention lots of times it's just hard to maintain. Sometime the hair gets frizzy and out of shape.

Imagine if you get dust, it could happen, just a pain to eventually clean. WISH I went sculpted, but too late now.

I purchased the rooted hair, but regret it. I have some rooted hair figures and just not a fan. Now that I pay attention lots of times it's just hard to maintain. Sometime the hair gets frizzy and out of shape.

Imagine if you get dust, it could happen, just a pain to eventually clean. WISH I went sculpted, but too late now.
This is way different hair then you are used to. I dont think you will regret it.

After receiving my Joker and seeing how InArt innovated the concept and construction of rooted hair I'm glad I chose this option. I'm not particularly a fan of rooted hair on 1:6 figures, but this is totally different from what we've dealt with in past - it's rooted, but stiff and rigid so it doesn't fall out of shape or form easily. This is effectively a sculpted form of rooted hair that looks amazing and raises the art of high-end figure detailing to a whole new level. If they use the same material and technique for Aragorn this will be the best option.

After receiving my Joker and seeing how InArt innovated the concept and construction of rooted hair I'm glad I chose this option. I'm not particularly a fan of rooted hair on 1:6 figures, but this is totally different from what we've dealt with in past - it's rooted, but stiff and rigid so it doesn't fall out of shape or form easily. This is effectively a sculpted form of rooted hair that looks amazing and raises the art of high-end figure detailing to a whole new level. If they use the same material and technique for Aragorn this will be the best option.
Don't you try and change my mind now!:wink1:

I think real hair would be too thick.

Yeah, I didn’t think of that. I guess lamb’s wool is thinner than human hair? Anyway, maybe it’s that or some other type of animal hair. Or come to think of it I guess synthetic hair comes in different grades, with the best finer and softer than others, so maybe it’s just a higher quality nylon.

Yeah, I didn’t think of that. I guess lamb’s wool is thinner than human hair? Anyway, maybe it’s that or some other type of animal hair. Or come to think of it I guess synthetic hair comes in different grades, with the best finer and softer than others, so maybe it’s just a higher quality nylon.
My understanding is that high end “rooted” ( glued hair more accurately put) on figures is made of Tibetan lamb fur. Tibetan fur - Wikipedia

You know my friend Bob Sacamano... he sells yak haired sculpts in Battery Park. Forty bucks!”.
1688007144469.gif

Back