InArt: TDK Batman 1/12 scale?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have some 1/12 figures but they are comic based, relatively cheap Mafex figures. Fun to play around with and put in crazy poses without any risk of damage. For me that is the appeal of smaller scale figures. Once they are more seamless, covered in real fabric etc they have all the limitations of your average Hot Toy but without the larger size to really appreciate the detail.

Only interest I might have is if they make 1/12 scale vehicles to use with them.

Once it's shown off and it looks amazing I wouldn't have to feel like HT is the only option now.

Speaking of 1/12 scale, In the last interview, Joost confirmed that if the 1/12 1989 Batmobile kickstarter is a success, then the 1/12 1989 Batwing is the next one.

I’ll need a 1/12 InArt Joker for my 1/6 InArt Joker. Then a 1/18 InArt Joker for my 1/6 InArt Joker’s 1/12 InArt Joker. Then I’ll get undergo surgery to become a 1/1 InArt Joker. Then I’ll terrorize my town atop a 100/1 InArt Joker.

I’m still very curious whether they hold true on the discussion of accessory packs. Supplementing/expanding on prior releases, rather than just straight-up revisiting them. I also wonder, if they do “accessory packs” for people who already own, like, their Ledger Joker, if they don’t then just offer the same stuff as full figures for those who missed out.
While that would be nice for collectors buying their product, to not feel like the figure they bought a couple years ago is now obsolete.

I truly have a hard time seeing this done for any character that wouldn’t prove difficult to sell a 2.0 on. Releasing updated parts when you feel like you can improve upon the release in its entirety would be self sabotage.

I’m sure we’ll see an Aragorn from ROTK later on, being a 2.0 in a sense. They will definitely revisit Ledgers Joker, perhaps a BR or Nurse on top of another purple suit. Chances are they won’t release a Nurse ver. on its own, wouldn’t sell with the sheer lack of accessories or clothing to boot at their price points, regardless of the Phicen like body implemented. Cavill is a tough sell at $400 USD on his own and he’s needed if one wants to complete that universe.

If Inart will be serious with the scale, vehicles will be high probability. And if it happens, I doubt Joost will try to compete.

The hatred about this is ridiculous. You 1/6th guys act like you’re collecting is all that matters.
It’s not that man, it’s more so the fact that we’ve all purchased their Heath Joker and have been waiting over a year for them to announce a Bale to go with it. Now we get a Bale but not what we were waiting on. This may also prove troubling because this company has barely released 2-3 figures and are already wanting to explore other scales. It’s just strange and rather concerning, that’s all.

If their average figure in 1/6 goes for around $400, I suspect that means that the 1/12 versions of equal quality will go for somewhere near $200+ each.

I'll be the first to acknowledge that I'm not plugged into the 1/12 market, but for anyone who is, - is that an acceptable price point for a really good 1/12 figure, probably with some decent accessories? If not, what would you think is a fair price?

If their average figure in 1/6 goes for around $400, I suspect that means that the 1/12 versions of equal quality will go for somewhere near $200+ each.

I'll be the first to acknowledge that I'm not plugged into the 1/12 market, but for anyone who is, - is that an acceptable price point for a really good 1/12 figure, probably with some decent accessories? If not, what would you think is a fair price?
SH Figuarts / Mafex are the higher quality 1/12 figures and they are roughly $60-100 depending on the amount of accessories
Mezco can be thrown in that area too but they offer clothed figures so they are slightly more expensive at $120+
Not sure about InArt but I wouldn't suggest over $200...

Very curious to see how this looks.

Going off Figuarts/Made/Mezco pricing I'd guess around $100-150 range ($200 if they somehow pull off rooted hair in 1/12), any more than that and I think they'll struggle even with a big quality jump over those three (which I expect there to be).

Back