InArt (Queen Studios) Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well imagine if in the OT, after 2 movies of build up, Palpatine gets unceremoniously killed in the first 10 minutes of ROTJ by R2D2, then Han suddenly loses his balls and becomes a simp for Leia doing whatever she wants, Luke becomes a Jedi and behaves like a robot, Vader's only scenes are staring out the death star as he uses the force to drink some wine, after a bunch of nonsensical action scenes we reach the end where there's a huge battle, Leia takes control of the death star and decides for absolutely no reason to blow up up a number of planets associated with the Empire much to the horror of everyone who supports her, Luke does nothing during this whole battle btw, Vader attempts to flee the Death Star but his shuttle is blow up by some incoming debree killing him, after the battle is over Leia declares herself as the empress and puts the rebels who turned against her in prison, Han is horrified and talks to Chewie about what must be done and they both agree Leia must die, Han walks in the throne room where Leia soaks in her victory and explains how together they will build a better empire where everyone bends to their will, Han kisses her and shoots her ending her short lived reign of terror, they evacuate the death star and destroy it and after that C3PO delcares that Luke, who did absolutely nothing during the last movie, should become the Chancellor of the New Republic because he "has the better story", Han and Chewie are exiled to Kashyyyk for the murder of Leia and the rest live under the rule of the human computer, Luke, the END.

I don't know, that sounds more interesting that what ROTJ gave me. :lol

I'm joking, but truthfully ROTJ for me was pretty disastrous... and it just made me love the first two even more.

Me, I still love game of thrones despite the last season. I really like the universe, the costumes etc…
And there is soon the House of the dragon series which is based on the fire and blood books. Given the budget per episode, we shouldn't be disappointed 😄

With Jon v2 you can make the Jon of the battle of the bastards by removing his breastplate, the cape and putting on Nut pizs head. Then paint the face and the costume in red, dark brown

It's a shame that the last season turned fans so vehemently against the rest of the series.

It's strange, because people who hate the ST don't go back and hate the OT for it.
The difference is that the OT had 3 separate films, GoT only got one ending, unfortunately

I'll put this comment here, as it's relevant today, to me anyway.

I just finished watching GoT for the second time through (back to back) after starting on it about a year ago. It's my partner's favourite show and I really wanted to watch it with her as I'd not really had any interest when it initially aired. Turned out I really loved it and when we got to the end the first time through we went back to the first ep and started again, watching the last episode last night.

As I was watching purely based on my own experience without intenet peer pressure or influence I have to say I really enjoyed the final series and ending. I find it hard to see what other options there could be that would work based on what the writers had to go on. I felt very satisfied with the endings for the characters I really cared about.

Jon was a character I just never 'got'. Felt like he was pushed around into situations he never really wanted to be in the entire series and the only time he was genuinely happy seemed to be his short time with Ygritte. It wasn't til he joined the free folk at the end of S8 that I felt any affinity with him, which then tempered my opinion of him the second time through. Not enough for me to buy a figure of him, but I enjoyed his journey much more.

I did pick up a few figures though and have a short wishlist that'll hopefully come to fruition. I got the Xensation Advisor/Tywin first, then Arya (4th season) and Tyrion (7th season) then The Hound. My partner bought me Tormund (I bought her Brienne) and then picked up Xensation Smuggler/Davos and have their Bronn/Mercenary arriving sometime this week from the look of the tracking.
My wishlist is topped with Beric Dondarian, Jaqen H'Ghar, The Mountain, Qyburn and the just released Jorah Mormont.

I'm probably going to go with a custom Jaqen H'Ghar with that Lannister army figure coming out.

If Threezero do realease a Mountain, hopefully there'll be a decent figure of the actor who played Qyburn from the upcoming Star Wars Andor series as he looks like one of the main villains, a recast head add some robes and chains and the Mountain has the perfect partner to display with.

I'm honestly not sure what Queen Studios could offer me based on the characters I already own, but hey, who knows what's on the cards.

Sorry for the long winded post purely based on my own personal opinions, but was in the mood to write something after finishing S8 last night.

I still like GOT regardless of the ending, and I wouldn’t pick up a Dany at this point since it’s all over….but….the ThreeZero Dany was awful, so it would be cool to see another company make her.

I think in time, GoT will get a better reputation, things get better with time and when the next shows turn out more PC, we'll look back on the original series with fondness

With the exception of the time-travel element that got added to the last two seasons, I wasn't that offended by Season 8. I would have preferred many of the storylines wrap up in different ways but I did like Dani turning evil. My cynical side I guess. She always needed to learn humility. I had hoped she would ultimately "hand" the throne over to Jon in some way.

I was fine with the story beats of the finale myself, what i didn’t like was 3 seasons worth of character arcs shoved into a handful of episodes. It was just so jarring and felt like a sudden rush to finish after years of slow and intricate storytelling. Had they just given us a couple more seasons i think a lot of people would have liked how it wrapped up, for the most part.

bran-stark-meme-king-sounds-good.jpg

I was fine with the story beats of the finale myself, what i didn’t like was 3 seasons worth of character arcs shoved into a handful of episodes. It was just so jarring and felt like a sudden rush to finish after years of slow and intricate storytelling. Had they just given us a couple more seasons i think a lot of people would have liked how it wrapped up, for the most part.
Nonsensical decisions aside, I just think major characters should have been given more meaningful and satisfying endings. As the characters all felt very real and what came before was so good

Pretty much every character got the shaft at the end but yeah Bran was especially disappointing after all the build up. His whole "time-travel" gimmick didn't amount to much. Attack on Titan did a similar "looking into past/future memories" thing with its main character but the pay off was incredible and had real purpose.

Last edited:
Say what you will about GOT, say what you will about threezero, say what you will about inart…

This is purely my opinion though it may read as if I’m stating fact, it’s because I do hypothesize that this broad generalization is arguably accurate…

Game of thrones is and always will be popular, yeah it ended rushed, I’d say rushed not badly… but that does not change it from being one of the best made and most important and yea most popular properties of all time. threezero has gone deep in the line which is admirable but they make bad figures. Some of their figures are ok, some can get to great with reworking or custom replacement parts. But fact js fact… Danny’s figures are awful. Like 3/10 bad. And even with the repaint in the world it’s still a 6/10 figure.

So call them unimaginative all you want. Two rival Batman’s or ITs are not needed. Why? Becusse you know Hot Toys can deliver. But they are not making GOT… This is needed. And Gandalf is needed… why? Becusse they are important characters that are handled by poor toy makers.

Will inart deliver? Who knows they are a non entity at this point until they prove that they can produce a quality figure and not just a nice portoype which essentially is a custom, it’s all speculative

Back