InArt - Dune: Paul Atreides

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1690802521682.jpg
FB_IMG_1690802519539.jpg

Sculpt definitely needs a bit of tweaking. It’s almost there. He looks 11.

Is it odd that the things I like most about this figure are the base and that it includes a Muad'Dib?

Looks great to me, but I don't have a high bar for this one as I'm not picking it up.

Same. I love Dune but for some reason it remains a cerebral story for me, no matter the incarnation. I've never craved Dune collectibles. :dunno
Completely agree, I have no idea why but i never connected emotionally with DUNE - despite it being the kind of well-crafted sci-fi epic I should fall in love with on paper. Odd isnt it?

Completely agree, I have no idea why but i never connected emotionally with DUNE - despite it being the kind of well-crafted sci-fi epic I should fall in love with on paper. Odd isnt it?
I *do* love it, it just manifests differently.

In a different vein I'm *highly* entertained by John Wick films, but have no desire for the figure. With the Wick films it makes more sense because it's a guy in a suit -- no outlandish or otherworldly costume.

I guess Dune is more intellectual for me, John Wick a kind of visceral ride ... whereas things like Star Wars, Iron Man, Spider-Man, even Indiana Jones ... lie at an intersection of childlike wonder, nostalgia, escapism and fantasy that are more prone to physically manifest with artifacts.

(And I'm at a stage where those artifacts are genuinely very few, but even so they're still there.)

I'm looking at this, and it's great, but not sure I love it. I'm also not a rooted fan. I think in art does a great job, but it's not for me. Considering we only have the one on display I wonder if that will be our only option. If so I'm assuming this will be close to double what Aug toys is asking for theirs.

If they make Chani it would ge a grand display of the two main characters. I could almost see a “sand box” with a 1.5 inch lip all the way around filled with sand and both characters standing there together. I think the hair is incredible honestly even if his face isn’t perfect. The suit itself is absolutely stellar and even though I’m not some “die hard” fan I think those two figures together would be a great display. I’m not to interested in having a display of anyone else just those two.

Inart is really rocking it but it does seem strange to surf through the figures for sale and see 6 different listings for their Joker figure.. 🤔

Yep, it shows of some things better but also makes his eyes like they have jaundice. I wonder if the lighting in the venue was just not great.

Back