InArt Daenerys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My take on it and forgive my forgetting some of the details. We all expected Jon to be king of Westeros wasn’t it? We know that didn’t happen. But I believe he became king of the wildings didn’t he? I believe that was their names.

Last edited:
It was a game of thrones...I personally didnt set any expectation as to who was going to sit on the Iron Throne. Sure, I was rooting for some of the characters to take it, but I definitely didnt set any expectations. I was definitely taken for a ride though. That was nuts!

I think the long night shouldve been an entire season of hell for the characters, maybe a little less dark too.

Why milk it? That seems to be the biggest problem with series -- milking. And yet here you are asking for it.

One long night is fine. In the end, no matter how many "attacks" you stage, it would all get down to one fight. And it did.

🛎 "Shame" 🛎

😁
Seriously so many great episodes what with the twists,mindfcks,pure evil and of course nakedness.
Show was a genius,S8 was all over the shop,but I still liked it for what it was.

I never had any intentions of watching this show until I started seeing a girl who insisted I watch it.
I probs should have married her as she was right,it's a great show.

Why milk it? That seems to be the biggest problem with series -- milking. And yet here you are asking for it.

One long night is fine. In the end, no matter how many "attacks" you stage, it would all get down to one fight. And it did.

What do you mean? The best part of the show in its earlier seasons was its slow burn, it took its time. The actual problem was the complete opposite, they rushed and half assed everything to get it out the door and we ended up with a garbage finale that ruins every single character in the show.

It doesn't have to be a season, but I would've liked to see them lose Winterfell, have to retreat, maybe go to King's Landing and let the white walkers follow them to its doorstep. End it with an epic battle with all of the best warriors in the show doing their best to keep the Night King down for Jon to end it all. The Long Night was what the show had been building toward since literally the first minute of its first episode and it was just extremely underwhelming.

What do you mean? The best part of the show in its earlier seasons was its slow burn, it took its time. The actual problem was the complete opposite, they rushed and half assed everything to get it out the door and we ended up with a garbage finale that ruins every single character in the show.
Agreed. Game of Thrones worked early on because it felt fleshed out. We got to know the characters and understand the world, and that made the big moments mean more. If we didn't spend enough time with Cersei to hate her as much as we did, would her walk of shame have felt so satisfying? Plenty of examples of this.

I never had a problem with seasons 1-6. Seasons 1-4, and the tail end of season 6, are some of the best produced episodes of television I've ever seen. I've grown more favorable of season 7 when I rewatched earlier this year. Even with the plot armor starting to take hold for the first time in the show. Season 8, I still can't stand, with exception to the second episode, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms.

My biggest problem with The Long Night was that we spent 7 seasons preparing for the threat of the Night King, a threat that has carried over even into House of the Dragon, and it was all done and resolved in 90 minutes. They should have spent several more episodes with the White Walkers. Maybe some skirmishes, losing some more villages near Winterfell, anything to drive in the sense of hopelessness. Not destroying the Dothraki in 8 seconds just because. They should have fleshed that out.

Then season 9 could have wrapped it up with King's Landing, even if they could have pushed it further. I would have been ok with a rushed ending if it was just more fleshed out. They did way too much in those last six episodes.

It doesn't have to be a season, but I would've liked to see them lose Winterfell, have to retreat, maybe go to King's Landing and let the white walkers follow them to its doorstep. End it with an epic battle with all of the best warriors in the show doing their best to keep the Night King down for Jon to end it all.
They already had all the best warriors at Winterfell. There was nobody left...

It doesn't have to be a season, but I would've liked to see them lose Winterfell, have to retreat, maybe go to King's Landing and let the white walkers follow them to its doorstep. End it with an epic battle with all of the best warriors in the show doing their best to keep the Night King down for Jon to end it all. The Long Night was what the show had been building toward since literally the first minute of its first episode and it was just extremely underwhelming.

I get your point, of course. I don't consider the first few season "stretched out" though. They were well thought out and given the reality of the world, there was no 'time-travel' or hyper-speed horses available. When you suggested 'stretching it out', I guess I had a knee-jerk reaction to the idea based on so many shows (and movies) feeling long in the tooth.

That all said... you could have multiple attacks by the Night King -- Winterfell falls, then King's Landing, etc -- but in the end, you're going to end up with "one big fight" as the finale, which is what they did. Just really dark.

Last edited:
Benioff and Weiss completely destroyed the IP, lol.

I'm glad to see they're not getting much contracts out from producers, except for Netflix.
I guess we will see how that plays out for them.

Back