InArt Christopher Reeve Superman/Clark Kent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’ll definitely nail the likeness on this InArt one soon enough. We just need to have patience. Something us collectors know nothing about 😂
IMO it would need to be a significant upgrade, it has it's flaws but I'm actually quite happy with my HT supes. Still looks really good after all these years.

IMO it would need to be a significant upgrade, it has it's flaws but I'm actually quite happy with my HT supes. Still looks really good after all these years.
From their first Aragon prototype photos they have some exceptional upgrades so I’m sure they’ll do the same otherwise I’m sure they’ll get a lot of slack from us all after all the promises they gave us about their figures

Does anyone know what is their usual timeline from prototype to final product? A year? Two years?

Does anyone know what is their usual timeline from prototype to final product? A year? Two years?
first showing off, then mostly about 2-3-4 months until PO then from there about 15 months until release.

Aragorn was shown first in October 2022, PO at the start of January 2023, release will happen ~Q1 2024, for some when they are going to actually ge it will be Q2 I imagine.
They plan it for Q4 this year but not likely as Batman comes before.

So after first seeing something 15-18 months at least until holding it in hands.

Last edited:
From their first Aragon prototype photos they have some exceptional upgrades so I’m sure they’ll do the same otherwise I’m sure they’ll get a lot of slack from us all after all the promises they gave us about their figures
‘Slack’ would be us letting them off the hook or being forgiving towards them.
What they’ll get is slaughtered.

Because the goal should be to make it look as close as possible at this scale. This photo looks much closer to a vinyl sticker than something knitted out of wool- which is what the stitched S looks like on this prototype. I'm not even pushing for a sticker necessarily. Optimally they need to find a finer material in general for the entire suit and then screenprint directly onto it. In every video of Reeves that suit looks like spandex anyways, it's not until you zoom way way in that you can specificy what kind of material it is. Just find a synthetic material like spandex, something with finer stitching. The InArt material is even worse than the hot toys material.
View attachment 667029
Are you aware of how the screen print process works and how hard it would be to make that process work convincingly at this scale?

I would say about a year, like Hot Toys. You figure the Henry Cavill Superman preorder went up end of last month, and it's planned for a 3rd quarter 2024 release.

We collectors really do like to flex hard on our tendency and ability to react and critique in an extremely premature way on first impressions. Come on now, it's clear that IA will be improving this project in leaps and bounds over the following many months. No company (other than an absolute third-rate third party) would be confident in releasing a figure like this. It's just an early teaser prototype of a project they're working on. IA is committed to something much better and they will approach a higher quality end-product. If first impressions are where we're making our final judgements then we'll be left far behind in the discussion in a year or so when this figure is released.

Last edited:
The Clark is a 7/10 right now, and their Superman is a 4/10. (Worst proto so far imo) It would be interesting what changes they will make.

But also this is the very beginning stage so it’s nothing to worry about.
Exactly, all this doom and gloom over a very early prototype as a sneak preview is a bit over the top. We have demonstrable evidence that when InArt eventually solicits their products, it is always at a high standard. All these negative comments will probably put off InArt from showing early prototypes.

For me, this is something I am very much looking forward to, although I just want the Superman. I am not even remotely worried that it will be a high-quality product.

Back