InArt Christopher Reeve Superman/Clark Kent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is awesome news, but what a way to steal their own thunder... Reeve Superman will completely bury Cavill Superman.
In my case, if I had to choose, I'd go with Cavill, but I'd love to get both.
It feels like there are so many companies announcing so many figures now, that everyone is rushing to announce everything they intend to do to stake their claim. Or dissuade people from ordering someone else's version like we’ve seen with the Arnold Mr. Freeze

Ehhhh…if the accessories offered with Cavillman are considered a “stretch” by some, I can’t imagine Reeveman coming with anything substantial.

It’ll be weird and honestly dumb if IA gives us the green rock and chain to hang on his neck if the portrait is of Reeve smiling confidently. And I don’t think they’re allowed to give us the bugged out or weakened by kryptonite expression.

At most…an elaborate diorama and crystal. Expect nothing in terms of accessories.
Bruh.. sometimes dreams DO come true..and the fairy godmother does listen and fulfill one. This is my post from 2022 at their group.
I can't be more grateful to such company who does striving to please their customer and fans.

2023-09-28 (2).png

Really hope they can come up with a flight pole solution that would let us put him in his signature flying poses. Since he didn't do that "hovering above the ground thing" that all modern Superman do. And I would never want to pose him that way.

View attachment 665521

This pose illustrates the ONE thing I’m hoping InArt can innovate on:

Shoulders/traps articulation.

Every company, official or 3rd that has produced a character that flies, either overlooks or flat out ignores the way our traps raise and squeeze when we raise our arms above our heads. It’s why I’ve never posed my Supermen in a flying pose like the pic above. They’ll never look natural.

Try it out for yourselves. Raise your arms over your head whilst keeping your neck and head in the same place.

It’s weird right?

If they can’t put articulation in the traps area…then perhaps a spring loaded joint at the base of the neck, where you can click it in, shortening the neck so the shoulders can at least touch their ears.

Seeing as how IA are not shy from trying new things with each new release (attempted magnetic eyes for Gandalf)…maybe they can innovate for characters that can fly.

Bruh.. sometimes dreams DO come true..and the fairy godmother does listen and fulfill one. This is my post from 2022 at their group.
I can't be more grateful to such company who does striving to please their customer and fans.

View attachment 665525

MY MAN!! I thank you for willing this into existence!!

Let’s work together yo! Let’s send out another message to the universe!

IMG_1161.jpeg

MY MAN!! I thank you for willing this into existence!!

Let’s work together yo! Let’s send out another message to the universe!

View attachment 665554
I remember now why I post this because previously they were asking what property in the future that we would like to see them produced... Since they do a Joker and The Batman 2 pack thingy, I thought hell why not Reeve Supes and CK for a change?

The likes and comment does shows them that there's a demand in this, and i guess they acknowledge the importance of the movie, character and the actor himself and what better time to announce it at it's 45th anniversary and 85th anniversary of the character?

Swoop us all of our feet indeed! :panic:

This pose illustrates the ONE thing I’m hoping InArt can innovate on:

Shoulders/traps articulation.

Every company, official or 3rd that has produced a character that flies, either overlooks or flat out ignores the way our traps raise and squeeze when we raise our arms above our heads. It’s why I’ve never posed my Supermen in a flying pose like the pic above. They’ll never look natural.

Try it out for yourselves. Raise your arms over your head whilst keeping your neck and head in the same place.

It’s weird right?

If they can’t put articulation in the traps area…then perhaps a spring loaded joint at the base of the neck, where you can click it in, shortening the neck so the shoulders can at least touch their ears.

Seeing as how IA are not shy from trying new things with each new release (attempted magnetic eyes for Gandalf)…maybe they can innovate for characters that can fly.
Yeah I agree that's always been an issue and a reason I've never posed the HT figure that way. Plus there's the concern over stretching the fabric too much.

If all else fails though I'd be happy displaying him like this as well.

superman-1978.jpg

So the question now is what will this come with?
Green crystal?
The kryptonite necklace and a Fortress of Solitude base seems obvious. Hopefully less wonky than the HT. The command area where the crystals go would be great.
For the Clark, hat, glasses, Supes costume underneath, briefcase seems like a bare minimum. A Daily Bugle desk with typewriter would be awesome . God now I’m thinking about Lois and Lex figures!!
I'm actually expecting it to be pretty close to how JND has it setup but with hopefully a better sculpt that doesn't have him looking like Evil SM3 Drunk Supes. Fortress of Solitude base for Superman with a clear flight stick like Cavill Superman. Street/pavement base for Clark. Briefcase, newspaper and hat included of course.

If they REALLY wanted to go fancy with the Deluxe/Premium set, they can do Clarks base being designed around the telephone booth. Make it similar to how they did Harry Potter and his Premium base. Have the backdrop behind Clark be the door to the booth with an illusion of the phone inside. Sort of like this picture below but in reverse:

fiSlh99.png
IRLuBtN.png

I'm actually expecting it to be pretty close to how JND has it setup but with hopefully a better sculpt that doesn't have him looking like Evil SM3 Drunk Supes. Fortress of Solitude base for Superman with a clear flight stick like Cavill Superman. Street/pavement base for Clark. Briefcase, newspaper and hat included of course.

If they REALLY wanted to go fancy with the Deluxe/Premium set, they can do Clarks base being designed around the telephone booth. Make it similar to how they did Harry Potter and his Premium base. Have the backdrop behind Clark be the door to the booth with an illusion of the phone inside. Sort of like this picture below but in reverse:

fiSlh99.png
IRLuBtN.png

Dude that is absolutely what they’ll do for Clark. Brilliant!

WOW! This will be an excellent figure... and THE Superman to have.

That's it! InArt will be making Keaton Bats. I was considering HT 2.0 but no way now. I can wait.
I have that 2.0 on order and even with this announcement and the inevitable IA 89 Bats I don't regret the order. I love the diorama base too much. Worse case I'll have the HT 2.0 displayed with the Batmobile and the IA displayed with the HT diorama base. And whatever base comes with the IA will go with my Returns Batman.

Hot Toys did a great job with that 89 2.0 so really can't go wrong with it. Of course if INART did tackle Keaton, I can see them doing a Bruce Wayne/Batman two pack if that's what they're doing for Reeves here. Would be hard to resist.

I was so excited when I saw the tender this morning that I didn’t know what to do with myself :lol. This is freakin amazing! It’s like Christmas and my birthday wrapped in one.

fiSlh99.png
IRLuBtN.png
Cool idea but I don't think he ever used a phone booth, at least in the first two movies. Maybe something with the revolving doors would work though.

I'd be totally happy with a Clark like this from JND

View attachment 665515

That's kinda what I'm imagining for the set as well.
LOVE this JND Superman set! Frankly if Inart can do something like this in 1/6 I would be extremely happy!
I have that 2.0 on order and even with this announcement and the inevitable IA 89 Bats I don't regret the order. I love the diorama base too much. Worse case I'll have the HT 2.0 displayed with the Batmobile and the IA displayed with the HT diorama base. And whatever base comes with the IA will go with my Returns Batman.
Love the planning ahead, if Inart do a Keaton Bats then I am buying it, also gonna keep my HT deluxe order for the same reason as yourself [and indeed the reason I bought it in the first place] that incredible diorama!
My Returns Batman will probably be retired - his arm dislocated years ago and I cant get it back in the socket without cutting the suit open. Plus he has a couple other little problems that have piled up over time.

Back