InArt Christopher Reeve Superman/Clark Kent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool idea but I don't think he ever used a phone booth, at least in the first two movies. Maybe something with the revolving doors would work though.

Oh, that's right. Even made a joke about it in the first one...

main-qimg-c2bad93e1f53063b65749ab227af5754-pjlq

Cool idea but I don't think he ever used a phone booth, at least in the first two movies. Maybe something with the revolving doors would work though.
He doesn't from what I remember but I imagine it's a more iconic image for his Clark Kent. Not sure how well a 1/6 revolving door would work as a base. :lol Would be fun to see though if done well.

5238017-clothes.gif

This pose illustrates the ONE thing I’m hoping InArt can innovate on:

Shoulders/traps articulation.

Every company, official or 3rd that has produced a character that flies, either overlooks or flat out ignores the way our traps raise and squeeze when we raise our arms above our heads. It’s why I’ve never posed my Supermen in a flying pose like the pic above. They’ll never look natural.

Try it out for yourselves. Raise your arms over your head whilst keeping your neck and head in the same place.

It’s weird right?

If they can’t put articulation in the traps area…then perhaps a spring loaded joint at the base of the neck, where you can click it in, shortening the neck so the shoulders can at least touch their ears.

Seeing as how IA are not shy from trying new things with each new release (attempted magnetic eyes for Gandalf)…maybe they can innovate for characters that can fly.
Personally, while maybe not ideal for everyone, I would even be okay if the ****-eating grin head (that’s non-negotiable, IA. If you can give everybody heat vision angry Cavill, you can give us a happy, charming Reeve) came mounted on a fullly sculpted flying neck/trap area and just slid under the suit/over the chest with magnets. Either way, I’m so damn excited…

If they REALLY wanted to go fancy with the Deluxe/Premium set, they can do Clarks base being designed around the telephone booth. Make it similar to how they did Harry Potter and his Premium base. Have the backdrop behind Clark be the door to the booth with an illusion of the phone inside. Sort of like this picture below but in reverse:

fiSlh99.png
IRLuBtN.png
Maybe a step further, but I think it would be awesome if the base was maybe circular and large enough for both figures with the door dead center and an actual phone (removable, as well as the door) on Clark’s side. Hell, if they added in a rotating function (manual spinning; no fancy batteries or anything like that) so you could have Clark on one side changing and Supes springing out/flying on the other. They could probably even take notes from the Damtoys Godfather and have interchangeable turf for the base. One snowy if you want the Fortress aesthetic for Supes and one cement if you prefer to rep Metropolis.

I have that 2.0 on order and even with this announcement and the inevitable IA 89 Bats I don't regret the order. I love the diorama base too much. Worse case I'll have the HT 2.0 displayed with the Batmobile and the IA displayed with the HT diorama base. And whatever base comes with the IA will go with my Returns Batman.

Honestly, this has definitely squashed my desire to own that Bats (I have an ideological opposition to that rubber suit and it pisses me off at the basest level that HT can’t/won’t change it after how many revisions of the Nolan suit and are giving us the same base body they used for the DX 09 over a decade ago). Despite that, I adore that base, I love the cowl, and I even really, really like that bloody faceplate. I almost feel like, if you wanted to brave it, you could probably turn the HT 2.0 into a fully battle damaged version for that final fight sequence (complete with scrapes and scorch marks), but it actually makes me wonder, with their love of magnets and ****, if IA did Bats if they couldn’t find a way to include interchangeable/swappable armor plates to give collectors both options.

Personally, while maybe not ideal for everyone, I would even be okay if the ****-eating grin head (that’s non-negotiable, IA. If you can give everybody heat vision angry Cavill, you can give us a happy, charming Reeve) came mounted on a fullly sculpted flying neck/trap area and just slid under the suit/over the chest with magnets. Either way, I’m so damn excited…

Maybe a step further, but I think it would be awesome if the base was maybe circular and large enough for both figures with the door dead center and an actual phone (removable, as well as the door) on Clark’s side. Hell, if they added in a rotating function (manual spinning; no fancy batteries or anything like that) so you could have Clark on one side changing and Supes springing out/flying on the other. They could probably even take notes from the Damtoys Godfather and have interchangeable turf for the base. One snowy if you want the Fortress aesthetic for Supes and one cement if you prefer to rep Metropolis.

Honestly, this has definitely squashed my desire to own that Bats (I have an ideological opposition to that rubber suit and it pisses me off at the basest level that HT can’t/won’t change it after how many revisions of the Nolan suit and are giving us the same base body they used for the DX 09 over a decade ago). Despite that, I adore that base, I love the cowl, and I even really, really like that bloody faceplate. I almost feel like, if you wanted to brave it, you could probably turn the HT 2.0 into a fully battle damaged version for that final fight sequence (complete with scrapes and scorch marks), but it actually makes me wonder, with their love of magnets and ****, if IA did Bats if they couldn’t find a way to include interchangeable/swappable armor plates to give collectors both options.
I guess I never had a problem with the DX09 body suit. So it never bothered me.

I guess I never had a problem with the DX09 body suit. So it never bothered me.
Aesthetically, it still holds up decently well for people who didn’t get oily abs. I do feel like, at this juncture, it’s a little half-assed and lazy on their part to have such a rigid (and inaccurate) construction when they’re constantly re-inventing the wheel and diving back in on, like, the Nolan stuff for instance. Especially when they made such a hullabaloo about a release like the TDKR armory where they went into detail in the pics with comparisons and notes on all they’ve changed and improved just from the DX 19 (which itself was improved from the DX 12). Meanwhile, they’re putting out a Keaton figure, at the same time in 2023, whose body, comparatively, is more akin to that of the DX 02 in terms of structure and poseability.

I know it will never happen and no one likely wants it, but I'd love to pair this with an InArt Hackman Luthor (removable hair of course).

At the time, I thought his comedic angle suited an Adam West style villain more than a Superman villain... so I'm shocked to find after all these years that he's still the best movie Luthor yet.

I can picture it now, InArt BvS Trinity in the centre, with InArt Superman '78 2 pack on one side and InArt TDK Batman and Joker on the other :yess:
Now THAT is a damn good idea. I was thinking how am I going to display these DC figures (considering I have the Snyder JL already). That sounds perfect !!!

I know it will never happen and no one likely wants it, but I'd love to pair this with an InArt Hackman Luthor (removable hair of course).

At the time, I thought his comedic angle suited an Adam West style villain more than a Superman villain... so I'm shocked to find after all these years that he's still the best movie Luthor yet.
Totally agreed. Hackman is so severely underrated as Lex. And it's the same for Kidder's Lois as well. I would totally buy figures of both.

Back