InArt Christopher Reeve Superman/Clark Kent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I often forget I used to have those Superman Returns figures. There was a separate Clark Kent release aswell.
Same. I had them all and loved them. I still have the 2-in-1 set though it's been slowly getting modified over the years. I'd much prefer a well made official statue at this point but don't really see anyone going back to Returns sadly.

Last edited:
**** customs and the sense of superiority it creates for some people.

This will be just fine. My definition of perfect is not the same as those 6 - 7 figures a year custombros.

Yea, even as someone who buys into customs, I haven't seen any custom 1/6 Reeve sculpt that I've thought really nailed it. There's been one Clark Kent sculpt that has made the rounds as supposedly really great that I've never liked no matter the painter.

Last edited:
The Inart Cavill Superman looks pretty damn good to me. Far better than those overdone customs that go heavy on airbrush shading on the suit.

Just because something is a custom doesn't mean it's automatically 10/10.

True. Not sure what makes ppl say this. IMO, most customs look awful. They just look bootleg most of the time.

Reeve seems to be one of those very hard-to-sculpt faces for some reason. Makes you wonder how that happens.

The man was incredibly handsome, as in, the perfect face. Maybe that's a factor? Who the hell knows?

The Inart Cavill Superman looks pretty damn good to me. Far better than those overdone customs that go heavy on airbrush shading on the suit.

Just because something is a custom doesn't mean it's automatically 10/10.
I agree. When done right, customs can be pretty amazing; but, as you said, a custom item doesn’t automatically put it as a top contender no matter who the artist(s) involved are. To franpincho’s point, there really are some that look like bad bootlegs.

Ppl really praise that airbrush look for some reason on the Cavill suits, but it just gunks up the suit when they do that IMO. Plus, it’s not at all screen accurate to the way the shading was done on the real thing. InArt showed that it was possible to do without all the heavy airbrushing.

Last edited:
I just want a smiling Reeve that looks like the man. It can be a cake decoration for all I care…or it can be a $10K Arnie Kim statue that somebody wants to donate to me.:lol That’s all I want: A Reeve with teeth that looks better than Mezco’s (who I’ll still give credit to for ACTUALLY DOING IT).

I just want a smiling Reeve that looks like the man. It can be a cake decoration for all I care…or it can be a $10K Arnie Kim statue that somebody wants to donate to me.:lol That’s all I want: A Reeve with teeth that looks better than Mezco’s (who I’ll still give credit to for ACTUALLY DOING IT).
I think that Mezco sculpt is perfectly good for that scale, it's actually the head I've used since day one of owning that figure.

Back