InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000077303.jpg

Damn, I just noticed that Popcultcha finally has this up for preorder.

This is what I get for not waiting, even though I knew InArt had license to sell to Australia.

I preordered from Sugo for $525 AUD ($336 USD) shipped, but from Popcultcha I could've got it for $453.60 AUD ($290 USD) shipped.

Sounds like a great price! But yea, from what I’ve heard, Popcultcha is about as slow as SpecFiction when it comes to getting their stock

I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

Popcultcha received a few Queen pieces even before Sugo did (Spidey bust and 1/2 scale Cap off the top of my head), and Sugo can get Queen statues and busts anywhere from 0-12 months earlier than Spec.

And given that InArt has licence to distribute directly with Australia, unlike with Hot Toys, we don’t need to wait 2-6 months after Sideshow receives their allotment.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that.

Popcultcha received a few Queen pieces even before Sugo did (Spidey bust and 1/2 scale Cap off the top of my head), and Sugo can get Queen statues and busts anywhere from 0-12 months earlier than Spec.

And given that InArt has licence to distribute directly with Australia, unlike with Hot Toys, we don’t need to wait 2-6 months after Sideshow receives their allotment.
That’s actually awesome, I’ve gotten some hot toys off popcultcha before and it took ages but the InArt figures makes sense for a shorter time limit to get the products. I may have to pick up my next figures from there I guess

Popcultcha is awesome, ordered from them before but be careful, as there is always a custom charge for overseas if you buy from Australia.

how much have you been charged?
I bought a HT Mando 1/4 from them recently. My figure was about $316 and then got charged about 85$ on top.
Not always. I’ve received two figures from Popcultcha over the past year here in the US, and never had a customs charge.
Yeah sometimes you get lucky, but I think if the value is under $135 or something like that you can avoid custom charges too.

For US imports from Australia it’s not about getting lucky… very different than the UK and most of the EU. There’s some value set for when import fees actually start to apply, but I think any orders under $2000USD or something ridiculous are completely exempt from import/duty fees. It might even be higher than that!

Edit: Actually, unless some specific circumstances apply, there might not even be any fees, regardless of value, for individual consumer purchases as of last year.
https://www.cbp.gov/trade/free-trade-agreements/australia

Wish i was in US 😅 . Japan, Aus and US seem to be the only place I get charged customs. I'm fine in Europe it seems and China, probably bought almost a thousand things there and haven't been charged once lol.

Back