InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Hot Toys weren't so far from the the mark re: thighs. I mean it's all foam, but on screen is on screen.

InArt still looks good, and to be honest more anatomically realistic.
Hot Toys definitely crossed the line.I love InArt as is,but middle medium between HT and InArt would be better imo. I'm sure they'll improve some things and we'll be happy in the end.

Looks incredible, happy for those that are getting this.

I'll have to pass since I don't collect Snyderverse DC figures, plus the bodysuit is a type of 1/6 figure I try to stay away from since I don't know how well it will stand up overtime with posing, etc.

1695679884747.png

1695679936893.png

1695679970845.png

Figure looks great and I preordered multiples, but there is a room it to become 100% perfect. Like Aragorn. Who is 100% perfect imo.
No such thing as perfection. There is however, such thing as BLATENT inaccuracy. This release isn't above it. All I'm saying.

I am not here to blow my load over this figure because quite frankly, it isn't in any way whatsoever deserving of it.

Am I satisfied with it? No. Not even a little bit.

Is it worth buying at its current state? Nope. Not at $400. Not in my opinion.

Do I dislike it? Absolutely not. It's the best we've gotten. It isn't good enough tho.

Lucky for us every issue thats been had thus far seems to be easily fixable, with the one year estimated release date and InArts willingness to listen to the community, I think we're in good hands and will get an even better and more accurate figure come Q3 2024.

Really hard to tell what this blue is going to be like in hand. In some shots it's fairly close to BVS and in others it reminds me way too much of the brighter Josstice Leage colors...

Kit's listing includes shipping + no import fee + bubble wrap and corner protectors. Definitely worth it.

No such thing as perfection. There is however, such thing as BLATENT inaccuracy. This release isn't above it. All I'm saying.

I am not here to blow my load over this figure because quite frankly, it isn't in any way whatsoever deserving of it.

Am I satisfied with it? No. Not even a little bit.

Is it worth buying at its current state? Nope. Not at $400. Not in my opinion.

Do I dislike it? Absolutely not. It's the best we've gotten. It isn't good enough tho.
not being satisfied with one of the best consumer friendly Cavil sculpts is mindblowing.
Sure there are inaccuracies, but that sculpt is fantastic and one of the best on the market.

To me, this is looking a bit more like a true 2.0 if HT actually tried vs what I’ve come to expect from InArt.

That’s an interesting thought. I feel a 2.0 with Hot Toys actually trying might require them to charge more than InArt is for this figure. Load it up with more accessories to offset the price.

Whether it’d actually be better or not would be open to debate. I think they could if they wanted to. And who knows, they still might. Though they should really focus on other things.

$400 doesn’t seem too bad for me for this figure though. $400 seems like a lot but it’s also not much more than what Hot Toys wants to charge for their mainline figures these days.

I imagine it’s a price point that most of InArt’s target audience won’t really scoff at.

That’s an interesting thought. I feel a 2.0 with Hot Toys actually trying might require them to charge more than InArt is for this figure. Load it up with more accessories to offset the price.

Whether it’d actually be better or not would be open to debate. I think they could if they wanted to. And who knows, they still might. Though they should really focus on other things.

$400 doesn’t seem too bad for me for this figure though. $400 seems like a lot but it’s also not much more than what Hot Toys wants to charge for their mainline figures these days.

I imagine it’s a price point that most of InArt’s target audience won’t really scoff at.
Yeah I think saying this is a 2.0 for Hot Toys is completely ignoring the fact that HT already did JL Superman twice.

While the suit color was different from BvS Superman, the overall weird proportions were never fixed.

So HT had 3x chances to fix and provide a better physique but never took it.

Now we have InArt to save the day

Some folks like to judge without actually being able to do one better themselves.

Welcome to the internet!

That's not fair. People judge movies all the time without being able to make one. They judge clothing without being able to make them. They judge women with being able to get one.

Judgment is all we have.

That's not fair. People judge movies all the time without being able to make one. They judge clothing without being able to make them. They judge women with being able to get one.

Judgment is all we have.
Yeah I gotcha. I do it too. I'm just merely explaining it. I judge HT Artisan Joker but I can't do one better.

Judgement is all we have.

Yeah I think saying this is a 2.0 for Hot Toys is completely ignoring the fact that HT already did JL Superman twice.

While the suit color was different from BvS Superman, the overall weird proportions were never fixed.

So HT had 3x chances to fix and provide a better physique but never took it.

Now we have InArt to save the day

That is what being the only game in town does to a person.

IMG_3139.gif

Though I don’t know if a Superman figure produced in the post InArt world would still get something like that completely accurate.

It wouldn’t need to be for most Hot Toys buyers to purchase it and they know it.

Back