InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like seamless arms under the suit, which is another nice upgrade.
Definitely not seamless arms under the suit. You can see the break for a normal double joint at the lower mid of the bicep and top of the forearm if you zoom in

IMG_0114.jpeg

If they can make it look like the middle, then would be pretty near perfect. Then, just need to fix the cape to have the proper pattern
12010626_10153535789050734_4290126328949077000_o.jpg

It might be difficult getting a heavy twill look in scale yet being able to drape nicely. Needs to be a bit more metallic too.

It might be difficult getting a heavy twill look in scale yet being able to drape nicely. Needs to be a bit more metallic too.
Unreal Customs BvS capes are the most accurate with the proper pattern and slightly metallic look. If he could find the proper material, InArt should have no problem. I have two of his wired capes still and used to have his drape cape, and so far, no one else is as accurate be it Jaxon or Tony Mei.

It's clear from this figure, Pattinson Batman and Joker InArt understand proportions much better than Hot Toys.

I'll still keep my HT JL Superman just because I love the vibrant blue suit but this is a massive upgrade over all the HT attempts. Instant pre-order when it goes up.

Can't wait to see InArt's Batfleck and Wonder Woman.

If they did a Reeve Superman that would be a dream come true.

Unreal Customs BvS capes are the most accurate with the proper pattern and slightly metallic look. If he could find the proper material, InArt should have no problem. I have two of his wired capes still and used to have his drape cape, and so far, no one else is as accurate be it Jaxon or Tony Mei.
Just had a look, yeah that's a great match.

I’m a little disappointed. Not crazy about the head sculpts tbh. It seems to lack the wow factor that we get from (promotional photos and videos of) Gandalf and Aragorn.

I wanted a shinier suit. The movie often accentuates the sheen to the suit.

I’m more impressed with the angry head sculpt than the resting face one. The regular face looks kind of bland to me.

Anyway, I’ll be getting it!

But that said, this is a case where I might end up liking the overall aesthetic… you know, the global impression that the figure makes, etc… of HT JL Superman over an InArt figure. Go figure! Even though, yes, the bulk of the shoulders of the HT figure is exaggerated. I’m an outlier on this but I’ve always been happy with the stock HT Superman head sculpt. (Normal expression, that is. I don’t care for the heat vision sculpt.)

I’m a little disappointed. Not crazy about the head sculpts tbh. It seems to lack the wow factor that we get from (promotional photos and videos of) Gandalf and Aragorn.

I’m more impressed with the angry head sculpt than the resting face one. The regular face looks kind of bland to me.

But that said, this is a case where I might end up liking the overall aesthetic… you know, the global impression that the figure makes, etc… of HT JL Superman over an InArt figure. Go figure! Even though, yes, the bulk of the shoulders of the HT figure is exaggerated. I’m an outlier on this but I’ve always been happy with the stock HT Superman head sculpt. (Normal expression, that is. I don’t care for the heat vision sculpt.)
:lol This sums us all up. I'm getting it regardless too, but the changes would be nice. Thankfully IA seem to listen to feedback without having to abuse them for months on end before they do it.

:lol This sums us all up. I'm getting it regardless too, but the changes would be nice. Thankfully IA seem to listen to feedback without having to abuse them for months on end before they do it.

I'd argue that Aragorn and Gandalf have significant differences over previous figures. Superior sculpt, real hair, better materials etc etc.

The Hot Toys Cavill sculpt isn't that bad, and his outfit is pretty bland compared to Aragorn or Gandalf. So it's hard to get that "wow factor".

But like you I'm still excited as I need a BvS Supes. So bring it on InArt !

Is the one in the middle a photoshop best case with changes ?
Yeah, hopefully IA can get it as close to that as possible. They're pretty minimal really. I didn't do any changes to the body, it's mostly colour and detail placement. The hardest change would probably be the sheen coming through the suit. A more sheer fabric would do it, but at that scale it would probably be really fragile. HT managed it pretty well, although it could have gone further.

Another reason I’m getting the InArt Superman is that the first 1/6 figure I wanted to get was after BvS released, and it was HT BvS Superman. I watched a video of Robert Meyer Burnett sharing about his collection and I was like yeah, I gotta do that. (In those days regularly watching John Campea and Jon Schnepp on Collider! 🤣)

But at that point HT BvS Superman was sold out. BvS Armored Battle Damaged Batman was available, so that became my first figure. I think I got him in 2017… And IIRC not long after that I was able to preorder JL Superman which looked better to me than BvS Superman. So I never bothered trying to find a perfect condition used BvS Superman.

Basically, I’m making up for not having gotten into the game in time to pick up a BvS Superman. Back then I felt like paying $250-ish for an action figure seemed bordering on exorbitant for something like this, so no way was I going to pay more than retail for a sold out figure, etc. Although ironically now by getting the InArt figure I’ll end paying more than if in 2017 I’d bought BvS Supes unopened on eBay!

Last edited:
Definitely gonna preorder this when it goes live. I still think the neutral portrait could be improved abit and it does look slightly off, actually prefer the angry sculpt, it looks perfect.

Back