Inart: 1/6 Pennywise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me when HT released Pennywise I didn’t like the final sculpt so I didn’t buy it. Looked too small and narrow.
InArts prototype looks great.
Attached is a pic of HT’s prototype to compare.
For me personally the InArt is far better.
The HT looks too stocky, and comparing the two HS, too "soft" and toyetic. Jesus, even high end collectibles are getting too blasé now. I guess we're in the 500$ mark at the moment. Well, it's a good thing I trimmed my SW/Marvel wants, in case IA ever gets the licenses and puts out even better versions. As it stands, this is a clear upgrade, period. Granted the end product might not be up to snuff, but that'd kill the line right there, so I doubt they won't try and get it as good as possible.

All that said, it's interesting to see progress in the hobby anyhow.

The HT looks too stocky, and comparing the two HS, too "soft" and toyetic. Jesus, even high end collectibles are getting too blasé now. I guess we're in the 500$ mark at the moment. Well, it's a good thing I trimmed my SW/Marvel wants, in case IA ever gets the licenses and puts out even better versions. As it stands, this is a clear upgrade, period. Granted the end product might not be up to snuff, but that'd kill the line right there, so I doubt they won't try and get it as good as possible.

All that said, it's interesting to see progress in the hobby anyhow.
Yeah looks like any InArt figures will be in the $500 mark which is why I won’t be collecting that many of them. Only the ones that I really like.
I’m hoping the can deliver the quality they are showing in their prototypes but won’t find out until the Joker is released.

surprising that they have the license for IT part 1, looks great. the moving eyes really adds so much to this figure

In art feels very much like an investment, you are buying art. Just hoping they deliver a quality final piece.

This is a whole new level of awesome especially as can adjust the eyes. Dreading the price of the deluxe 😂

Yeah looks like any InArt figures will be in the $500 mark which is why I won’t be collecting that many of them. Only the ones that I really like.
I’m hoping the can deliver the quality they are showing in their prototypes but won’t find out until the Joker is released.
I'm cutting down in general myself. I'm tired of the pleather and all new MCU/SW designs and figures boring. I'm glad for IA because this is why I got into the hobby; to own my favourites in the most realistic format I can. So I'll stick with just the necessities in general. The downside is that I'll be looking at my HTs of favourite characters like Strange and Doom, and wish there were IA versions as well. But alas...

I'm not on the rooted bandwagon yet (ordered a regular Ledger) but I'll put down the 500$ for a rooted Paul if that's the only way they'll offer him. I don't mind paying a bit more and buying less figures as long as I'm getting a legitimate high end collectible.

I still can't believe people will drop 500 on a sixth scale figure. This is madness!
doesn't seem wildly outrageous to me when it costs about that much alone to get something painted and haired in the custom scene. quality is there and some people just dont like to collect statues and want to stick to 1/6 scaled figures. maybe its catered to a more premium audience. i kinda see inart being more of art pieces rather than toys like hot toys. if their joker turns out amazing, no doubt i'll look at hot toys like they're marvel legends lmao i always strive for better quality and want the best high quality figure out there

Unreal how good this looks. Far and away an improvement on Hot Toys’ effort in proto. I definitely think InArt’s pricing requires you to be very specific in what you want. Kind of makes it more akin to a statue purchase- it requires forethought and consideration of what you really want. I like that.

I still can't believe people will drop 500 on a sixth scale figure. This is madness!
Prices have gone up to such a point that I don't care anymore. With taxes and everything, I already am paying 500€ for the BCS Tommy & 12th Doc, and they'll be nowhere near IA quality. Ask any person on the street and even 200$ would seem too much to them for a doll. We've reached the era where 300$ is pretty much the norm for the average HT (the recent Dead Strange comes to 450€ for me). It's already insane that we're spending that much, in this economy to boot. A pretty good gaming rig costs ~2K, and that's about 6 figures; not even a full single Avengers or X-Men lineup. So if it's a genuine favourite of mine, I don't mind spending a hundred or two more for an extra HS, more realism, rooted hair and a great base. HT's offerings where the "deluxe" is a cardboard cutout are turning me off, and lately I'm getting the feeling that what begun as high end collectibles, is turning into glorified action figures.

I'd rather have a more curated collection at a higher price point than be suckered in by my completionist tendencies and drop 200-300 $ on every figure as if I'm collecting Hasbros. It's expensive, yes, and for example I passed on the 1K Joker because I'm not that big of a fan (I'd only pay that kind of money for a Doom with genuine metal); I stuck with the standard. But for me the higher prices are a way to restrain myself, and the fact that they go hand in hand with clearly superior products eases the pain. Compare the HT Pennywise to this one and it's night and day. From proportions to sculpting and materials, it's all vastly improved. The HT now looks like one of those Mezco One:12 things.

Having let it fester since they put up their Joker for PO, I really am leaning towards this model of collecting. I've dropped most displays I had planned in my head and am sticking with one or two characters as representations of their IPs, over trying to grab every B/C/D-Lister to round up my imagined Dollhouse. It just got ridiculous when I was going "oh I gotta have [X] and his wife and their kids and [...]". I felt like I was collecting Barbies. Then the fact that one of my absolute grails would cost me the same as a literal random I kinda, sorta liked, and whom I'd buy only to set up a display for no real reason. So I'm just sticking with my absolute favourites with little leeway.

It is a lot, certainly. But I'll take higher prices and an increase in quality, over the scalping of just increased prices.

I made a quick comparison with HT proto
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

OSK:
- Premium A (Regular head ) : 444$ (74$ deposit)
- Premium B (Evil Head ) : 444 (74$ deposit)
- Deluxe ( 2 Heads ) : 528$ (88$ deposit)

Yeah - I have and love my Hot Toys Pennywise - but the Inart is clearly superior and thats a FACT.

Yeah not much to say here - the Inart head sculpts are superior, the monster head in particular is horrifying, the ability to move the eyes is such a part of the character its incredible that Hot Toys overlooked PERS in its own release, the tailoring is far superior, the weathering is spot on, the rooted hair looks fantastic and the base is very nice.

Speaking of the base though - I do maintain that the Hot Toys base is still the better of the two, its a clever idea of utilizing the other sculpt and its from a more iconic scene in the movie - very well executed also.

If I could afford to keep dropping big bucks on these Inart figures then it I would definitely pick it up, as is the Hot Toys is still a very nice figure and will more than suffice for more casual fans of the movie, or those just looking to assemble a horror icons shelf.

This looks absolutely amazing. I’ve been prepared for the $500-$600/figure price tag since the InArt line was announced, so this is right in the ballpark. I kept considering the Hot Toys “It” but never pulled the trigger, mostly due to the sculpted hair and other figures taking priority. Then the InArt was announced. Seeing the two figures side by side, so many inaccuracies become apparent—especially the body proportions and too thin head. I do like HT’s base, which I think makes for a very cool display. I’ll be picking up the deluxe—which will be my third InArt purchase. The final proof will be seen once these figures start landing in hand, but assuming the artistry and quality hold up, to me InArt will be like getting a custom figure for half the price.

Proto looks amazing. Now it's time for them to deliver in production. And please, no excuses of "we knew there is always drop-off from proto to production." They are asking for more, we should as well.
I have no skin in anything they have announced as of yet, but I want them to succeed. When something does pop up I do want, I want it to be fantastic!

Wow. Just wow.
InArt is to Hot Toys as Hot Toys is to Sideshow.

First IA figure I'm skipping but I sure like to look at it. HT's base is still excellent and would be my preferred option but this is like a museum piece. I absolutely cannot wait until IA get around to making Aragorn!

Back