[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] The Bad & The Ugly - Completing 'The Cowboy'

If I were in the position of controlling how a Bandito Tuco would be made, it might cost more, but I'd make it a neckless sculpt. However, I'd have a specially sculpted neck and chest piece that could cover the body and the head would just go over that.
That seems beyond Iminime's comfort zone. If it can't be done with an existing body and no to minor mods to it, I don't imagine we'll see it done at all.

It doesn't really matter as I will be getting both, but I'd vote for Tuco. I am VERY interested to see how they pull him off - that head sculpt has so much riding on it. I really hope they give him a good expression! A neutral look wouldn't do the character justice.

That seems beyond Iminime's comfort zone. If it can't be done with an existing body and no to minor mods to it, I don't imagine we'll see it done at all.

I hope that's not the case. Iminime has grown in so many ways, I'd hope that things like this will be part of their evolution.

I was the main person pitching this to Denny at Famcon and when I brought it back up to him recently he told me to start the thread. I held off doing so because I wanted to discuss feasible ways of approaching the bandit look with him before the interest thread was announced. I think it's a better approach to brainstorm a little first, have a bit of an outline or a direction and then start the thread :rolleyes2

If I were in the position of controlling how a Bandito Tuco would be made, it might cost more, but I'd make it a neckless sculpt. However, I'd have a specially sculpted neck and chest piece that could cover the body and the head would just go over that.

Something along those lines could definitely work. I'm sure there are several ways that'll do the trick; just gotta wrap our brains around it.

Well Denny is friends with Rainman, who has done his own sculpted chest/neck pieces that you would screw onto Truetype bodies. Maybe he could facilitate something similar with Iminime.

They also produced those bodies with ZCWO so it's not a matter of if they can do it, it's if they want to do it :lol

I keep watching~~it~~

PocultKid is right, we produced some parts in plastic with help from my partner.
you know, metal mold is very very expensive...costing thousands dollars just for small parts.
normally plastic parts are not produced without mass production due to its cost.

anyway, this project is confirmed and started...so...will keep an eye on.

Denny

Sorry I didn't start the thread when you told me to Denny. I wanted to discuss the possibilities of how to best handle Tuco first, but I took a little too long to get back to you.

I'm glad that you're interested in completing the line though. Thanks!!!!

I know that the metal molds are big $$$ and it's only worth it if you were using them to produce a large quantity of the item.

To achieve the right look for Tuco body mods are going to be necessary. Do you think 3D printing is an option since casting in ABS is not possible?

for the body, I would love to see some photos of idea first.

at this moment, so busy for many things~~(manchester united, and the space monkey prototype etec on)

the only option could be resin on the body which is suit for small quantity.

Denny

I suppose it could be solved if you just went with regular Tuco...if you were looking for the pansy way out. They ought to offer a DX that comes with a repurposed "dehydrated" Clint.:lol

Hi guys,

I am so excited Denny has decided to do Tuco, leaning on the Bandito version. It is one special to me as I undertook a two-month project on customizing the closest I could do with the materials I could gather. I went though extensive research and came up with a final product that I am very proud of. I am showing a few pics to help you guys get ideas. I have more details if needed. I do agree about the chest piece as I had to tackle that issue as well.

tuco75a.jpg

tuco76.jpg

tuco75.jpg

tuco70.jpg

I suppose it could be solved if you just went with regular Tuco...if you were looking for the pansy way out. They ought to offer a DX that comes with a repurposed "dehydrated" Clint.:lol

That's definitely the easy way out. My thoughts were Rainman already did the easy outfit and the bandit outfit would make the most unique and interesting figure.

Hi guys,

I am so excited Denny has decided to do Tuco, leaning on the Bandito version. It is one special to me as I undertook a two-month project on customizing the closest I could do with the materials I could gather. I went though extensive research and came up with a final product that I am very proud of. I am showing a few pics to help you guys get ideas. I have more details if needed. I do agree about the chest piece as I had to tackle that issue as well.

You did a great job him! I'm glad you posted those here; these pics show everything that needs attention when building the bandit: forearms, chest, color matching.

I was hoping to be able to do all of these mods to a body that is a bit shorter. Gotta use our noodles and come up with good solutions

Hi guys,

tuco75a.jpg

tuco76.jpg

tuco75.jpg

tuco70.jpg

You did a fantastic job. That is beautiful. Great attention to detail on the chest, neck, hands and fore arms:clap:clap:clap

I would at least like the duel outfit as an option. It isn't readily available anymore for those of us who don't have the Rainman release and I would like to get the trio together in their final duel set up. I would love a Bandito outfit too, though.

Don't care for the Bandito outfit at all. The corduroy jacket with the tear in the shoulder is the outfit he wore more often and is the iconic outfit from the final scene with Angel Eyes and Blondie. I don't think he wore the Bandito outfit when he was in scenes with Angel Eyes, so it would look out of place.

Back