[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much truth here, I don't own any 'custom' figures but given my general opinion once was that the big ballers go with Iminime over say Hot Toys (which is where I once would of agreed with Clipper's elitist comment) the fact every Tom **** and Harry has them now doesn't really make them special at all anymore, they're just expensive figures (which will no doubt be rotated out of certain people collections every bit as frequently as their Hot Toys/Enterbays are)

With all the hundreds of people on the SSF thread and the exclusive run numbers of Iminimes, Rainman figures I wouldn't say everyone has them. All the people on other 1/6 Facebook and threads own a percentage of them also. I think customs is a smaller circle but every week we are receiving lots of new custom collectors, even more thining out the amount available to us.

1. don't rate source material if you haven't seen it. That kinda flies in the face of your claims of balanced reviews. Matrix reloaded was not as good as the matrix afterall.

2. What part of mass production don't you understand clipperking?! To print out 3000 boxes cost a certain amount of money. You can customize the graphics and insert trays all you like when the run is 3000 figures. But when you only plan to sell 70-100 of them you have to make generic boxes with generic inserts so you can use them across all releases. No self respecting box company is going to let you order runs of 100 custom boxes. At least not at a manageable price. Once again you should stick to reviewing mass produced figures and stay away from customs. At least until you understand the dynamics of the business.

And before you ask why playtoy can get away with mass producing unlicensed figures let me preemptively mention that playtoy is a Chinese company. China is notoriously difficult to seek legal action on (which is why they are the Mecca for counterfeit goods). Korea is a staunch ally of the United States were most of the licensing companies are. Hence it's a much more legally compromising endeavor.

Someone send ClipperKing a KATO Suit to review please... and yes ofcourse mention the cost, minus EMS shipping to him. Id love to see his review/rant on that...

ypa9edys.jpg

Look at that beauty right there and argue about the quality and price of customs. That is art suckers

So much truth here, I don't own any 'custom' figures but given my general opinion once was that the big ballers go with Iminime over say Hot Toys (which is where I once would of agreed with Clipper's elitist comment) the fact every Tom **** and Harry has them now doesn't really make them special at all anymore, they're just expensive figures (which will no doubt be rotated out of certain people collections every bit as frequently as their Hot Toys/Enterbays are)

I'm confused by the " big ballers pick IMINIME over Hot Toys" comment. Perhaps people buy their figures because they make characters the customers like? Picking IMINIME over Hot Toys would require me to think that their Ra's, or Blondie, or Dorothy was better than the one HT put out, and I haven't seen HT offer any of those characters, have you? Why should the edition size matter, as well? All these have ever been are expensive figures. Curious, do you own any of their stuff? I just thought it was interesting how you're talking about elitists in one section, and in the next, you're saying they aren't special, if they aren't limited.

Someone send ClipperKing a KATO Suit to review please... and yes ofcourse mention the cost, minus EMS shipping to him. Id love to see his review/rant on that...

Why don't you send him one of those MJ joker sculpts to review instead. That would make an interesting review wouldn't it. Stand by your product Axe.

ypa9edys.jpg

Look at that beauty right there and argue about the quality and price of customs. That is art suckers

Have it and love it myself. But for 1k that wrong color missing oval vest and wrong color crappy bathrobe of an overcoat was majorly disappointing. Lets not forgot the hat color

Why don't you send him one of those MJ joker sculpts to review instead. That would make an interesting review wouldn't it. Stand by your product Axe.

Have it and love it myself. But for 1k that wrong color missing oval vest and wrong color crappy bathrobe of an overcoat was majorly disappointing. Lets not forgot the hat color

I thought with such a small production team mistakes that those would have been caught before production was finished.

I would have to agree with such a small production team these problems should have been caught before release. I can live with the jacket but the lapels and hat color kinda upset me.

I'm confused by the " big ballers pick IMINIME over Hot Toys" comment. Perhaps people buy their figures because they make characters the customers like? Picking IMINIME over Hot Toys would require me to think that their Ra's, or Blondie, or Dorothy was better than the one HT put out, and I haven't seen HT offer any of those characters, have you? Why should the edition size matter, as well? All these have ever been are expensive figures. Curious, do you own any of their stuff? I just thought it was interesting how you're talking about elitists in one section, and in the next, you're saying they aren't special, if they aren't limited.

The big ballers comment was more in jest whereby its just my perception that those where money clearly isn't an issue shop at the top end of the market rather than 'slum it' with the Hot Toys collectors like I said though this perception is now past tense now (like I say) every Tom **** and Harry seem to be getting in on the action - maybe you missed the part where I said I no longer have this opinion? Either way no offence was intended with that comment :peace

Apparently your Joker sculpts aren't doing very well according to some members here. I think it would be interesting to see a review from someone who will be honest about it. Someone who would maybe talk about the recast situation, or the $250 dollar price gouge for a painted sculpt, or the painted sculpt not really matching the proto sculpts quality, or the not providing the numbered COA's for an item that was sold as limited.....you know things like that.

Instead you suggest sending him a Kato suit, somthing you have Nothing to absolutely do with at all.

that sounds like something id be interesting in doing , i seen katos suit it looks amazing , overpriced but amazing either way , ive not seen the joker sculpt , anybody got any pics

im guessin that sculpt is **** then , or your scared to stand by it !!!! yeah send it to michael or jeff because the can be bought , is that the same michael and jeff who do the hot toys pod cast , who didnt want me on because i'd steal there lime light ....ok .
Yadda yadda yadda, no freebies here. You want to review it. Buy it and do your review. Or get it from someone.

Apparently your Joker sculpts aren't doing very well according to some members here. I think it would be interesting to see a review from someone who will be honest about it. Someone who would maybe talk about the recast situation, or the $250 dollar price gouge for a painted sculpt, or the painted sculpt not really matching the proto sculpts quality, or the not providing the numbered COA's for an item that was sold as limited.....you know things like that.

Instead you suggest sending him a Kato suit, somthing you have Nothing to absolutely do with at all.
About the Kato suit, yeah I said that because thats the basic deal his reviews have been about when it comes to customs. Price not being proportional to quality. And Kato's suit pricing has always been something till date I have heard a lot of uninformed reviewers complain about.

And as for whatever your thoughts are about the sculpt, Go ahead do your own review. Add all those points up, discuss them, dissect them. Because honestly from people who have already bought it and received the sculpt, it seems they have thought you are the customer service, so they seem to be sending you their complains rather than me or the artist. Astonishing!

Yadda yadda yadda, no freebies here. You want to review it. Buy it and do your review. Or get it from someone.

About the Kato suit, yeah I said that because thats the basic deal his reviews have been about when it comes to customs. Price not being proportional to quality. And Kato's suit pricing has always been something till date I have heard a lot of uninformed reviewers complain about.

And as for whatever your thoughts are about the sculpt, Go ahead do your own review. Add all those points up, discuss them, dissect them. Because honestly from people who have already bought it and received the sculpt, it seems they have thought you are the customer service, so they seem to be sending you their complains rather than me or the artist. Astonishing!

so is the sculpt really that bad , coz he does seem kinda defensive any pics turbo???

Stand by your product and send him a sculpt Axe. What's the harm in having someone outside of your scope of customers review it? 4000 plus subscribers! I think he's worthy of evaluating a product and we can come out of it either agreeing or disagreeing with his position.

so is the sculpt really that bad , coz he does seem kinda defensive any pics turbo???

Not bad at all. Very good actually. A great talent MJ is...... but some things are a bit sketchy about it (my opinion). A review of the sculpt itself would be pretty straightforward which is why I find it strange that he won't stand by his product and let someone other than the Usual Suspects have a say on it. Haven't seen a video review of it yet, just photos with well positioned lighting.

Back