I'm experiencing an AoU Hot Toys overdose. Anyone else feel this way today?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fixed it for you.

A new video and thread for the video for each figure and whatever else he feels like posting about is excessive. Throw the video in the figure's thread and be done with it.

But he won't make as much money that way.

I think it's too much for just one movie!

22 cosbabys and artist mix so far
4 busts
9 figures already announced
9 figures will be announced soon ( Thor,Iron Legion,Ultron Sentry,Ultron Mark 1,War Machine,Vision,Quicksilver,Scarlett and IM Mark 45)

44 items it's insane!

:horror Wow never saw it laid out like that before.

I am pumped to see it all even though I know I won't be able to get everything. Eager to see Ant-Man still. Also, when it is Inhuman time I will be all in for those!

4 busts
9 figures will be announced soon ( Thor,Iron Legion,Ultron Sentry,Ultron Mark 1,War Machine,Vision,Quicksilver,Scarlett and IM Mark 45)

44 items it's insane!

I was kinda hoping you would exclude the MK45 in favor of something else and then it could be the 45th figure :lol:rotfl:lol

And I fully agree about Budget Stark's videos. A new video and thread for the video for each figure is excessive. Throw the video in the figure's thread and be done with it.

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^

I remember there was someone else doing that a little while back. Now, I like the ones that pop up every now and then that are a picture and text review ( which I prefer much more to video anyway), but a new thread for every figure you buy just to post a link to your YouTube channel IS excessive. Plus, and Im not saying this about Budget Stark, but i think there is something to be said about certain YouTuberars who are more interested in getting views than socializing or being a presents on the board.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

My wallet is crying right now. So glad I budgeted though because this is going to be an expensive HT year

Not at all, I think it's great that collectors have so many options for Marvel characters. HT historically has lagged behind the sweet spot for film promo efforts, pretty clear they've made a lot of investment to push their order cycle up sooner. Combined with all the new characters in AoU, that's making it bunch up this time of the year. With Civil War coming out the same time next year, that also shortens their film post-release window.

Well no one is being forced to buy everything that is made lol. Collectors are continually posting about what figures they want from AoU, even Maria Hill and Fury have come up, yet HT haven't produced those of yet. GotG fans are complaining that Ronin, Nebula and Yondu haven't been made, let alone Drax.

Either HT don't make enough of the characters or they make too many and people are overwhelmed lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The earlier posts reminded me that I just read an interesting article earlier. Sharing it for those who still haven't read it:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-untold-story-of-115310138472.html

As for Budget Stark, I do appreciate his first look videos, though I have also suggested to him before that it would be easier for the moderators, members, and for him to just make one post for a show he's attended, and update it each time he makes a new video coverage for each figure. Maybe have it titled "Budget Stark - First Look on HT AoU Figures - Hong Kong 03 April 2015".

4 busts

44 items it's insane!

And which one do you think they should leave out? Which one of those characters (or two or three) would have been ok to not do?

How often do people post that they are upset that character X isn't being made?

I would rather say pass on a character/figure then have someone that really wants it to not even have the choice

And which one do you think they should leave out? Which one of those characters (or two or three) would have been ok to not do?

How often do people post that they are upset that character X isn't being made?

I would rather say pass on a character/figure then have someone that really wants it to not even have the choice

Well said.

I'd leave out the busts, artist mix, cosbabys, Stealth Mode, War Machine, the Iron Legion drone, and the busted up Ultron 1 (unless those last two are sold as a single 2-pack, that'd be cool), atleast for now. Iron Man 3 has proved that different Armors can come out one, two years after the movie is released and still sell.

Also, while it's not from the same movie, I think they blew their load too early on Thanos. It's an impressive piece, but I think they shot themselves in the foot releasing it when they did.

What is the one you want most?

That's like going to a supermarket/Mall and saying you're overloaded with choice.

No need to buy, or even read about, everything on offer.

I'll have to see the movie first. I don't know what I want or what I like and don't like.

Back in 2012, my most wanted were the Hulk and Loki. They seemed to be the most special entities to come out of the movie. With this, I'm thinking it'll be the twins, Vision, and Ultron. Anything but the Iron Man related crap though. Those ridiculous Iron Legion police figures seem tailor made to feed off of collecting compulsions. I thought the whole point of Iron Man 3's ending was that Stark was going to stop doing that crap, that he confronted his fear and was more than just the suit? Now here we are, again, with Stark being a neurotic bastard creating a bunch of situational environment armors to sell more toys. I guess he didn't learn from pissing Pepper off. Now it'll take ****ing with Cap, Thor and the Hulk to stop the Mark BS.

I only asked because what if those(or that one) that you really like and want, are the ones they ditch? It's not like hot toys knows which characters will be the most popular from the film. Sure, they can count on most likely ultron and IM. But it's not like hot toys has seen the film in advance. I am willing to bet that each one of the dozen or so figures made will be someone's favorite. I see absolutely no reason why one person should get their fav and another not, just becuase some one thinks hot toys made to many. I do not find this to be a valid argument. If all they made was the same thre or four characters every single time how pissed would you all be?

I like that post above about supermarket and choice. Excellent comparison.

If you don't like a character or figure, great, don't buy it. By why should someone else not get the one they want becuase you don't want it? I know everyone hates the "don't like don't buy" argument, but it fits really well with this. Nothing is forcing you. You have the choice. But that(choice) is exactly what you are advocating taking from some people.

I hope they make every every figure everyone wants. I can always pass.

The difference though is that this particular mall/supermarket already has an abundance of "electronic stores" to choose from. The land is saturated with them.

It won't hurt if they cease those options for a bit while other untraveled territory is explored. I have no sympathy for someone that wouldn't get their "deluxe, anniversary, camo, limited edition" Iron Man or their "ultra police force legion warrior" Iron Man that they want. Someone that wants a Vision, a Quicksilver, or hell, a 2.0 Nick Fury however? I can see.

But that's you forcing your wants on someone else. And, I'm pretty sure you mentioned a few non iron man characters in your list. Some people think (I know your a batman fan) every batman looks the same. And every superman. Should you or are you, happy to not have every iteration of the character you like? Just becuase it's (iron man) not your favorite (or any other character) doesn't mean it's not someone's. You are advocating putting your wants ahead of others. Are you not? Wouldn't you be happy if they made multiple versions of batman from the upcoming films? And what if in he next five years there's 30 unique new batman designs, would you like it if I or someone else advocates that they don't make him becuase they all look the same to me? I mena who needs batman returns figure when it looks exactly like the 89 flick. (I don't actually believe that and I even if I did I would not advocate for it not getting made)

And i don't see hot toys stopping production on everything else. I do believe there was a recent sleepy hallow figure, a commando figure, a she alien, a back to the future, an upcoming batman arkham.

You show me a supermarket/store that does not have or want to carry more of, the best selling item it makes.

4 busts

44 items it's insane!

Star Wars Episode 7 better get the same treatment. I mean, sure the Marvel stuff is cool. I only will be buying about 5-7 figures out of the 18, truth be told it will be more..... but these characters have had multiple releases. I am going to be very very very disappointed if Episode 7 characters, major or minor, do not get 20+ figures announced.

Star Wars is not that popular in Asia, so unless they really get into Episode 7, I doubt they're gonna make 20 figures from that film.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, if they made another Bale Batman or Ledger Joker, I'd be pissed. I'd have the same flippant attitude I have now with Iron Man. The case with '89 Batman vs. Returns Batman? You're really going to compare TWO releases from TWO old movies vs. 30, 40, 50 variation releases for 5 movies?

It might be harsh but the Iron Man "wants" from collectors falls on deaf ears with me. At this point it's beyond frivolous, whatever the bottom line may be. Other than Hulkbuster and QS Mark 43, I wouldn't care if they never saw another Iron Man figure again. Just like I'd expect them not to give a damn about any of my Dollie wants, from Kyle Reese to Corporal Hicks to Doc Brown to a Keaton Batman.

Yes, I am comparing them. Becuase, that's just as valid an argument as yours. They way you feel about iron man is exactly how some feel about batman. And alien. And predator. And so on.

It boils down to choice. You are advocating taking away choice for someone else becuase it's something you do not want. That's a two way street. Someone else can argue that who cares about a 30 year old movie (batman returns or terminator). Or a ton of other arguments based on personal preference. If you don't like it dont buy it. In the last 75 years how much merchandise has batman gotten? Is that not enough? Why should they make more, there's been millions already. We have already had 7 batman movies. That's enough. That's over the top. Who needs more. We have already had 6 terminator movies. Why make more. Let them make new stuff. That is the exact same argument you are making. Only difference is what you like. Your basically saying if I don't want it or get what I want no one should. All I am saying is I hope Everyone (you included) get everything they want.

Back