If you didn't collect action figures or statues, what would your hobby be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we all didn't collect figures or statues and spent as much time and effort on something else.....I say we'd probably have that whole AIDS thing under wraps by now.

I'm slowly getting out of the collecting game. I'm not going to make a melodramatic post about it and sell off my collection. In fact, I love my collections that I have on display and am still tracking a few pieces down here and there to complete them all. But there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel for me.

What would you choose to do with your expendable income once toys faded into the background of your life? I recently purchased an N Scale Model Train set. For Christmas I used the cash and gift cards on more track and a few accessories. I have put very little of money from my pocket into it so far, but I do plan on setting up a small 2.5'x6' layout in the basement.

What about the rest of you? What other hobbies do you have now or what hobbies would you be interested in taking up if action figures and statues didn't take up all your expendable incomes and space?

My brother has N scale trains too.

The only other collections that I have are blurays and cds. I gave up on so many other things. I plan on selling off some of my figures and toys I've collected years ago. I see the light at the end of the tunnel too. My main things will be my LotR and Hobbit collections now.

Id probably collect "love dolls"

like this guy:

hqWT54P.jpg

He has 240 love dolls :slap
]

read my mind

I don't really consider collecting toys a "hobby". Hobbies are an activity you engage ... not a pile of stuff you bought. I guess customizing action figures could be a hobby. Buying cool stuff made by Hot Toys isn't, though. It's just a collection of cool stuff.

I've recently started woodworking. Father bought me a table saw for Christmas. Going to set up a woodshop in my garage. Not sure what I'll build yet. Also, shooting. Boxing.

Id probably collect "love dolls"

like this guy:

hqWT54P.jpg

He has 240 love dolls :slap

That's probably a hobby. But, I assume he's banging them, not just collecting them. Creepy 'hobby', though. Weirdo.

SnakeDoc

Too bad you don't live near me SnakeDoctor. My late father worked with wood and there's all kinds of wordworking tools and stuff just sitting here.

Last edited:
Yeah, maintenance and boat slips alone would be costly endeavors.

Then again, I paid thousands for a room full of dollies and half a grand vehicles so without them, who knows what could have been done.

I'd collect guitars (got a couple at the moment). Although I've been thinking of selling most of my collection and doing that anyway.

Back