IF INDEED SIDESHOW IS FADING THE UNIVERSAL MONSTERS AWAY...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 1/6 Maleva, Pretorius, Henry Frankenstein, Wolf von Frankenstein, Ygor and Krogh are so high on my ultimate wish list.
I still hope some of them are going to be made.
Why not make them in a lower production number and ask a higher price?
For me their 1/6 figures are all PFs!

Anton Phibes said:
One of these day when I gets me a boatload of money, i am going to hound that figuremaster Les fellow. He is probably the best hope of getting Pretorius, Dr. Frankenstein, Dr. Glendon, Dr. Mirakle, and all of the other Universal and Hammer Ghoulies that are out there. Not to mention "B" monsters. DO YOU HEAR THAT FIGUREMASTER...ONE DAY YOU WILL SCULPT ME SOME MONSTERS. BUT right now i am really broke so don't take me seriously just yet.:D

:lol This one made me feel, um, well....needed!
Thanks Anton! (GREAT name BTW!)
OK...
Um...let me see...

I am not so sure I can sculpt all this for a demanding market! :rotfl But I am very appreciative of your request of me. I think Sideshow, with proper showing that there is a market for these, might be coerced into making a few more...

I may or may not have and ANY effect on earlier 12" Universal releases, but, I did, at one time, have access to one of Sideshow's staff, and back when I was corresponding quite often with this person, I often mentioned figures that they should make. And often, lo and behold, they did make them. The second Karloff Mummy release in particular, the non-wrapped Imhotep one I know I lobbied for. Loudly! Then it came out.
Now, all that could be coincidence, but I am already about convinced that a phone call I shared somewhat jumpstarted the Jaws shark maquette, so maybe I should get off my duff, and request these Universals just in case! Cover all of us. Or we as a group start a letter campaign...something...

I agree that Maleva the Gypsy and Dr Henry Frankenstein and Claude Rains are TOP choices, but also Dr Pretorious (maybe a rare two box set with both doctors!!!!) and a Lon Chaney Jr. Kharis are all needed for sure to finish off this amazing set. Those others listed by Dr Mirakle32 are dead on for us Universal fanatics, and I blame/cheer Sideshow for making us all devoted collectors of these and wanting more.

SO, Sideshow, See! There is some demand. Even if it is small. Do limited releases and make them exclusives and be done with them. But make them.
Besides, any of the major characters from the bigger movies are gonna move better than the silent Hunchback (why not a Laughton Hunchback even...)

I agree that there needs to be a filling out of what's obviously left, and then it will be finished. They can move on.

I would LOOOVE Laughton Hunchback! I've always liked the 1939 film more than the original. Too bad poor sales on the Chaney figure have pretty much killed our chances for one. I think a seperate line of WARNER BROS./TCM Horror chracters would be awesome too!

Boris Karloff as Fu Manchu
Lionel Atwill as Ivan Igor (with removeable face!)
The Moon Killer from Dr. X
Charles Laughton as Quasimodo
Peter Lorre as Dr. Gogol
Lon Chaney as Alonzo the Armless
and a nice set of assorted FREAKS!

Hey, good call Doc!

If I recall correctly, Sideshow started out by making resin figures of Circus Freaks! It was later that they started with those cool 7" Universals etc.
I remember because I went to the 1995 Mad Model Party II Convention in L.A. and met the powers that be, that were that is, back then :lol and the first thing I ever remember from the company, hence it's name Sideshow, was those cool Freaks models.
I can't remember who sculpted them, Dan Platt maybe? But they were more the REAL kind of circus freaks. And yes! The company should for sure go back to their roots and make the movie ones all as posable boxed figures!
Great call that one! That would rule! And cross over to a lot of themes I bet.

(I would also KILL for a good 12" Karloff Fu Manchu! Whata figure that would be! Another great call! )

I know it's not Universal but....

Doesn't anyone want a PF Frederic March Mr. Hyde figure?

back to the 12"...

Karloff and Lugosi from
The Black Cat
The Raven

and of course Ygor would be nice!.....and all of the others too! :)

It's a shame the schedule for producing the UM 1/6th has slowed (or worse) so much when I feel like SSC have so much territory left to cover. Others have mentioned a number of figures I'd love to have but we probably will never see. Maleva, Wolf and Henry Frankenstein, Dr Pretorious, Gloria Holden as Dracula's Daughter, a bunch of others. I believe at least those mentioned could be sold in numbers that would make an online edition possible and I hope that might happen. I realise many of the characters I'd like to see are probably never going to be made in any numbers though as they are too obscure to all but hardcore fans of the genre. I'd like any number of the heroines, scientists, and other good guy and villians of the human variety from these films produced but if you can't sell enough of the title monsters to keep creating more figures........well, that's not good, and doesn't bode well for the future. Maybe we will all be pleasantly surprised and see some announcements about the line continueing. Right now though it's kind of sad thinking about what could have been and probably never will be. Still, we can be thankful for what great stuff has been done by SSC already and that's a little more pleasant to think about.

Two pack the remaining must have 1/6th figures for us hardcore collectors,charge us Star War prices ...we will understand.

1.The Wolf Man (padded,perhaps new sculp) and Maleva
2.Ygor and Krogh
3.Pretorius and Dr.Frankenstein (or substitute with Una O'connor)
4.Poelzig and Bateman (Karloff set)
5.Count Mora and Luna (non-Universal Dracula with haunting female companion)
6.Dracula's Daughter and Sandor

And then most of us can die happy.:lol

I like that list, but I will not stop until I have my Claude Rains Phantom! The streets witll run red with the blood of virgins if Sideshow does not heed to our Universal Monsters demands! Maybe we should start another Crusade like the one for medieval Kurgan.

BTW, another good two pack would be Dr. Mirakle and Erik. Erik could be a big boy body in a heavily padded gorrila suit.

They should make a Rains 1;1 Phantom mask as a wall mount and /or wearable prop.Throw in the 12 inch figure as a bonus.

Never thought about Eric,my first thought would be to pair Lugosi with Noble Johnson as his henchman.You might be right that a big ape and Lugosi would have more mass appeal.

About Colin Clive's likeness, couldn't they make a Baron Frankenstein figure with only a vague likeness to Clive, so they wouldn't be sued? They could just make a figure of a 30 year old white guy in a labcoat, with slicked back black hair, and call it Henry Frankenstein. If not, does Basil Rathbone have an estate, so they can just give us a Wolf Von Frankenstein instead? :D

Poelzig said:
Two pack the remaining must have 1/6th figures for us hardcore collectors,charge us Star War prices ...we will understand.

1.The Wolf Man (padded,perhaps new sculp) and Maleva
2.Ygor and Krogh
3.Pretorius and Dr.Frankenstein (or substitute with Una O'connor)
4.Poelzig and Bateman (Karloff set)
5.Count Mora and Luna (non-Universal Dracula with haunting female companion)
6.Dracula's Daughter and Sandor

And then most of us can die happy.:lol

YES!

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
About Colin Clive's likeness, couldn't they make a Baron Frankenstein figure with only a vague likeness to Clive, so they wouldn't be sued? They could just make a figure of a 30 year old white guy in a labcoat, with slicked back black hair, and call it Henry Frankenstein. If not, does Basil Rathbone have an estate, so they can just give us a Wolf Von Frankenstein instead?

I like your style Doc! You said it! :D

Back