1/6 If I were to get only one Iron Man 1/6 figure, which would you recommend?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I think of iconic I think widows peak, circular reactor, and yellow, not gold armor. It's about the only armor hot toys hasn't made yet.

What's the "widows peak"?

cdad5439cae9991685e15037c5629c43.png

The Dracula V at forehead

Mark 1 still blows me away every time I look at it.Such a great bitsa steam punk vibe to it.Amazed it hasn't had more love in this thread yet.Absolutely gorgeous,hard to believe it'll be 10 years old next year.It was like nothing we'd seen in 1/6 at the time.Many didn't believe it could be assembled en masses as it was.

It's a remarkable screen adaptation to the comic version. So much intricate detail and paint work. It's only downfall in terms of the "1 Iron Man in my collection" argument is that it's not the iconic red and gold and that it's such a deviation from the standard looking suits (it was built in a cave). But it is an armor that I feel, as an Iron Man fan, has got to make it to my collection eventually.

Only issue is that I discovered HT too late and I'm not paying the asking prices for the 2.0. I'm hopeful it will eventually be remade in diecast. Until then though, I'll be good with the Mk6.

I'm not ready to pay statue prices, but if I were to get one, it'd be XM's classic IM.

IMG_3602.jpg

Out of curiosity why do statues cost so much more than Hot Toys? A statue doesn't even move, it's just in a static pose whereas Hot Toys figures have accessories and are impressively engineered to have articulation.

To me Hot Toys should cost more and statues should be cheaper, but I'm glad that's not the case. :lol

Out of curiosity why do statues cost so much more than Hot Toys? A statue doesn't even move, it's just in a static pose whereas Hot Toys figures have accessories and are impressively engineered to have articulation.

To me Hot Toys should cost more and statues should be cheaper, but I'm glad that's not the case. :lol

Man tbh I don't know. I'm sure a statue collector could probably explain. I'm gonna assume the cost is in the material used, such as cold-cast porcelain on this one, plus the level of paint detail. :dunno

Maybe if we owned a statue it'd be super obvious in person.

Man tbh I don't know. I'm sure a statue collector could probably explain. I'm gonna assume the cost is in the material used, such as cold-cast porcelain on this one, plus the level of paint detail. :dunno

Maybe if we owned a statue it'd be super obvious in person.

I have a couple of statues, and, honestly, I don't think the paint applications are even half as good as they are on many action figures. Maybe if you compare a statue to Big Chief's crap paint apps, it would be comparable. So, really, in my view, statues are WAY over-priced. Sure they're heavy, but that's hardly a reasonable excuse for pricing.

I have a couple of statues, and, honestly, I don't think the paint applications are even half as good as they are on many action figures. Maybe if you compare a statue to Big Chief's crap paint apps, it would be comparable. So, really, in my view, statues are WAY over-priced. Sure they're heavy, but that's hardly a reasonable excuse for pricing.

Well there you have it :lol

I remember when I got the battle damaged 3 ... then the mark 6 ... then the mark 7 ... then had to have mark1 ... then 25 other ones ... now I look at the 46 ... and 47 and want them too .

I think if you don't require a Tony HS, then I will say it has to be Mark 45. It has an unique organic design. It comes with a Sokovia display base with a damaged Ultron. It has laser and repulsor effects parts. I personally don't frequently display Iron Man with Tony HS (I have to admit, having one in a fig is a huge plus, nonetheless), nor do I turn on the lights all the time. So this one is very awesome!

If you want one with a Tony HS, I would recommend the DC Mark 6, it appears to coming with a nice in helmet HS with a nice Stark Tower base with much improved articulation than the plastic versions. It appears to have better proportions as well. If you want the here and now and you want a helmet free HS of Tony, I would recommend Mark 46. The damaged chest plate is almost worth its price alone. (I don't own one) If you want a non DC IronMan with a Tony HS, I would recommend Mark 33, Silver Centurion. The suit has a very nice design that updates the iconic design from the comic books. The accessories are bare bone and the articulation is bearable, but it is awesome as a first Iron Man.

I think if you don't require a Tony HS, then I will say it has to be Mark 45. It has an unique organic design. It comes with a Sokovia display base with a damaged Ultron. It has laser and repulsor effects parts. I personally don't frequently display Iron Man with Tony HS (I have to admit, having one in a fig is a huge plus, nonetheless), nor do I turn on the lights all the time. So this one is very awesome!

If you want one with a Tony HS, I would recommend the DC Mark 6, it appears to coming with a nice in helmet HS with a nice Stark Tower base with much improved articulation than the plastic versions. It appears to have better proportions as well. If you want the here and now and you want a helmet free HS of Tony, I would recommend Mark 46. The damaged chest plate is almost worth its price alone. (I don't own one) If you want a non DC IronMan with a Tony HS, I would recommend Mark 33, Silver Centurion. The suit has a very nice design that updates the iconic design from the comic books. The accessories are bare bone and the articulation is bearable, but it is awesome as a first Iron Man.

Out of these 3 I like 46 the most. Not a fan of how 45 looks, just doesn't work for me. Mark 6 is iconic and nice and the suit comes with a lot of posing possibilities but I don't Like that it doesn't have a helmet-less sculpt so that's kind of a downer. Mark 33 looks cool but isn't really iconic in my eyes (looking for red and gold). Mark 6 is still awesome though, definitely up there but a bit overpriced (diecast).

Back