Iconiq Studios / El1ev1en / Kai Studio: American Psycho: Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks like he has the rough skin of a 40 year old weather beaten dock worker, rather than the smooth skin of a narcissistic self pampering yuppie twenty something. It does tend to throw the overall effect off a bit, at least for me.

The one thing you'll notice about Patrick Bateman is his perfect skin. Hell, he even wears a face mask lol.

Something has to be done about the paint work. All those rough blotchy pores, make him look like he has a rash.

Yeah, the paint really takes the figure down quite a few notches. I'll probably get it because AP is one of those movies from my edgy youth, and I've read the book and everything, but it's both too expensive and ultimately has its problems. Which is a shame because it has all the right ingredients. Hopefully they rework the paint because as it stands it looks a bit like a double-fresh coat on a custom that you haven't applied any varnish on.

As many have stated the paint is the problem and its a BIG one especially for a character who takes such level of skin care haha.. They really made 2 of the best sixth scale sculpts Ive ever seen only to slap this ugly flat chalky paint job onto them smh?? Its a disservice to their work considering how much passion is shown with everything else involved. They really have all the ingredients they need to make this one of the greatest figures in the game they just need to find a new painter also these old images look far better :(

Attachments

• 07319FCD-DBE7-4CA7-8A03-24B504B07DDD.jpeg
    07319FCD-DBE7-4CA7-8A03-24B504B07DDD.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 3678BF35-D856-48B3-9E7C-EA0411A5FC6C.jpeg
    3678BF35-D856-48B3-9E7C-EA0411A5FC6C.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 87
  • FD903CB1-7355-4503-B3EF-9A9D756208EE.jpeg
    FD903CB1-7355-4503-B3EF-9A9D756208EE.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I haven't preordered it yet because of the paint.

At 269 plus shipping for a first full body release they need to do better. Standards have risen. New companies need to do better.

It's odd because they have a Muhammad Ali sixth scale bust that has amazing skin work.

the thing is too that the paint on the prototype means nothing. In fact the whole thing means nothing everything from a quality perspective is about the production piece and we will not know that until it’s produced.

unless you’re just willing to take whatever you get don’t preorder anything from a new company just wait until the thing is actually our and get it from a retailer who stocked it preordering gives you zero advantages and only comes with potential disadvantages.

I don’t know to what degree eleven is involved with this . Or kai. Kai had been around 10 years ago disappeared and re emerged and done some good work with eleven. I assumed he sculpted this but from the credits maybe not. He has never evolved his paint like he did his sculpting looks to have painted theI prototype with a goopy base layer.

elevens production is good through not white hot toys but better than almost every other mainstream 1/6 company by a mile so this at least has a chance.

Like I said earlier all this is a moot point you can have the best head in the world and it will look like trash with that absurd neck situation they have going on. They, or if some of the people involved are here reading this, you guys need to fix that immediately. As pointed out above standards in this hobby have risen and that just doesn’t cut it.

Last edited:
I feel like this figure might actually benefit a bit once it goes through production and the paint soften ups. There's no way whatever factory they end up using will match Kai's paint work. Also interested in seeing what people do with repaints on the sculpts.

That said, I can't wait to have this on display with the bloody screaming sculpt. They really knocked it out of the park with that one.

American-Psycho_PO_014.jpg

the thing is too that the paint on the prototype means nothing. In fact the whole thing means nothing everything from a quality perspective is about the production piece and we will not know that until it’s produced.

unless you’re just willing to take whatever you get don’t preorder anything from a new company just wait until the thing is actually our and get it from a retailer who stocked it preordering gives you zero advantages and only comes with potential disadvantages.

I don’t know to what degree eleven is involved with this . Or kai. Kai had been around 10 years ago disappeared and re emerged and done some good work with eleven. I assumed he sculpted this but from the credits maybe not. He has never evolved his paint like he did his sculpting looks to have painted theI prototype with a goopy base layer.

elevens production is good through not white hot toys but better than almost every other mainstream 1/6 company by a mile so this at least has a chance.

Like I said earlier all this is a moot point you can have the best head in the world and it will look like trash with that absurd neck situation they have going on. They, or if some of the people involved are here reading this, you guys need to fix that immediately. As pointed out above standards in this hobby have risen and that just doesn’t cut it.

While I do see what you mean, I think they definitely wanted to have neck articulation for certain poses. Especially for the yelling head, but it does add something to the other sculpt for poses as they've pictured.

A new company taking a chance on a property that many of us wanted but some weren’t willing to pay that premium….ya gotta show some support. Can only go by what I see and I see the ingredients for a great figure at what’s now considered a retail price. Better than knockoff, and nothing will compare to a $1000 custom.

Kai paint jobs always look toyish to me. Like they belong on a 7 inch figure or a Neca 18 inch, not a 12 inch. Not terrible by any means but they're just missing that something that makes it pop and come off realistic like other painters.

Yh I dont know about this kai guy but thats a botch job hes done on this figure

Yh I dont know about this kai guy but thats a botch job hes done on this figure
Yeah, the more I look at pics, the more I hate the paint. I showed a few people and everyone's first reaction was ''what's wrong with his skin'' lol. That does not bode well. The sculpt is top notch but the paint..... bad. I don't recall ever seeing a reaction like that when showing friends a 1/6 I was getting. It's especially jarring considering the character is concerned about wrinkles and blemishes in the film and takes great care to have flawless skin.

Please, fix the paint Iconiq. I've even seen people saying they're not getting the figure on facebook and twitter because of the paint work.

As someone who’s done this for companies I can attest that the prototype painter rarely has much if anything to do with the final production. Often times the mass production tries to emulate the paint but few if any (including hot toys) actually do.

but the paint, the sculpt, the tailoring… all of this is moot. You will never know until it’s in hand. If you preorder this it’s your potential funeral (or your wallets) wait until you see in hand pics and if it pans out to your liking pick it up then. Brand new company you have no idea how the final thing will turn out. Neither do they most likely.

This is cool, and with it being officially licensed will no doubt become an grail figure on the second hand market years from now. I bought him.

Back